★★★★★ 1 million downloads in the United States !!
★★★★★ $3.99> Free (1 month's worth of learning English)
Real English search in google play search.
Real English Beginner,intermediate,advanced,and business download the app fits in your level!
Each of the 20 lessons(1month) Vol1 English conversation lessons those are all free!
Real English in the United States through more real-loved used in the United States Learn real English for free!
This English application is absolutely Free!
You will not find any better English Application than this anywhere.
We offer . . .
- Real English Vocabulary (over 20 days)
- Video Lesson
- Over 8 Lessons
- MES Conjugation System
- Vocabulary book with Flash card Type
- You can test yourself "speaking","grammar"and "Vocabulary"
more . . .
Reasons why you must learn to Speak English! It will improve your life.
- That’s right. Some say the most valuable commodity is information,
and you can access valuable information on the internet.
- Make more money than non-English speakers. Learning English will enrich your life.
- America is still a leader in IT innovation and economic development. English is used in America and in each of these fields.
- English is the language of science and it’s very important. To move up in science you need to know how to speak English.
- English is also the language of the movie Industry and it means you don’t have to rely on subtitles to watch all the blockbusters.
- Speaking English immediately opens up many doors and opportunities regardless of your race, religion, color, or background.
- Impress others around you whenever you speak English.
However most foreigners feel embarrassed to talk in English because of the following reasons . . .
- fear of making mistakes
- not knowing what to say and how to say
- not comfortable with a native speaker
So how do you speak English fluently like a native speakers with no fear and be confident?
You must practice speaking, speaking, and speaking!
The most effective way of speaking Fluent English is . . .
- know many practical vocabulary and tenses
- practice speaking with native speakers
- practice speaking English word phrases
- practice speaking using slangs and expressions
Hear it, Learn it, Speak it
Our English lessons provide the most effective language-learning program ever developed. The lessons gives you quick command of English structure without tedious, boring drills.
All our lessons will develop your English speaking skills immediately so you can put your English to use when abroad or dealing with English-speakers everywhere!
With our lessons you get:
- The flexibility to learn anytime, anywhere
- 20-minute lessons designed to optimize the amount of language you can learn in one sitting.
- Within each lessons new vocabulary is presented in flashcard style. This allows you to learn the meaning of any unfamiliar words quickly and easily with the help of handy English translations.
- The lessons focuses on real life situations - from asking about jobs and what they do, hobbies, interests, and about a person, about how they feel and about the conditions of others - are those that are most practical communication.
- These lessons featuring practical vocabulary, practice speaking, workbook, and Test.
- The conjugation system - the best system out there for anyone who must know in order to speak English fluently and confidently.
- Interactive Audio lessons to help you perfect your pronunciation and teach spoken language organically
Millions of foreigners from all over the world have used our teaching technique to gain real conversational skills quickly and easily. Once you complete all the lessons in this volume, you will be confident that you will want to continue on and complete the full series of our English Lessons.
CATHIE (Camille around the house in English) contains something for everyone learning English thanks to the diversity of the app's functions.
The 50 videos in CATHIE were designed to enable any level of learner to understand the vocabulary in a clear context
- these videos contain over 400 words, including 120 irregular verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and more...
The three dictionary pages in CATHIE are unique
- the 1st dictionary contains the vocabulary used in the app and a simple click reveals a photograph of the word
- the 2nd dictionary is 120 irregular verbs, complete with sound file and examples
- the third dictionary is of the 36 actions from our videos.
CATHIE contains a games' page with four educational games designed to use the vocabulary and grammar in the app.
Our notes’ page allows users to store new vocabulary or other personal notes on their device.
About us and our teaching philosophy
Many foreign English speakers began their English studies at school, so after seven or eight years of hard studying. they should be able to speak and understand day-to-day English : we expect nothing less of our educational system. However, when the average student of English attempts to use the language outside a classroom and a notebook, they are unable to understand spoken English.
Why does our educational system focus so much on grammar and out-of-context vocabulary?
It is an interesting question and may be compared to learning how the engine of a car functions before we are allowed to get behind the wheel and drive. Schools still use a system from the 1800’s when students were required to drill Latin grammar and focus on translation and grammar rules entirely! This method of learning a second language has, of course, lost its extreme form and nowadays English teachers do incorporate listening, speaking and role plays in the English lessons. However, the very essence of English language teaching remains the same.
Students are instructed in English grammar, and regularly given new English words to memorize. After relentless English studies you’re expected to master the language by understanding how English grammar works and by being able to use vocabulary that’s acquired throughout years long memorization drills.
Our school, therefore, must cater for two different types of learners: those that would like to speak English and those that need to pass the exams imposed by the educational system.
While in many exact sciences you indeed can reap rewards by focusing on crunching numbers in your copybook, it just doesn’t work with languages! The only natural way to use the English language is to use it as means of communication, but if you go the path created by scholars, success is rare.
I have yet to meet a person that found the educational system interesting - for the most part they’re not so interesting at all because they focus on telling you everything about how the language is built. English syntax, grammar and vocabulary is scrutinized in detail and throughout your grades you’ll be required to learn more and more advanced English grammar rules, sentence structures, writing techniques and styles and so on and on.
I think that while the main focus in English learning needs to be put on acquiring natural speech patterns through speech, it’s still useful to know how the language is built. And occasionally doing grammar tests can give your English skills an edge, at least you can learn about differences between formal and conversational English that way.
Would you like to improve your English? With „Speak English“, you can train your pronunciation and speaking skills. Just listen, repeat & compare!
"Speak English" is an app which helps you to improve your English speaking skills naturally and easily.
Listen, Repeat & Compare! It's easy, fun and works in the same way as you learned your first language.
Choose from a variety of topics, e.g.
- Basic English
- Job Interview
- Customer Service
★★★★★ You can start each session for free! ★★★★★
Learn and practice a lot of great phrases for your upcoming conversations.
How does „Speak English“ work?
1. We read a phrase to you. (Listen to it as often as you like)
2. Repeat the sentence and record yourself
3. Play your recording back and compare your pronunciation
Repeat this process to perfect your English. Improve your fluency, train your pronunciation and learn some great phrases and vocabulary.
Learn anywhere, at your own speed.
This app trains your speaking skills anywhere - at home, on the go, on the couch, at your desk, in bed, on a business trip or on holiday. Learn in your own comfort and at your own speed. Just listen, repeat and compare.
Let’s make the world a better-speaking place!
Effortless Learn english,
VOA learning english
learn english speaking,
how to learn english,
learn english online,
how to speak english,
learn english kids,
british council learn english,
how to speak english fluently,
bbc learn english,
learn english grammar,
conversation in english,
do you speak english,
learn american english,
learn to speak english,
learn english british council,
learn english free,
learn english online free,
to learn english,
learn real english,
how to speak good english,
learn english language,
how to speak fluent english,
learn american english online,
english conversation topics,
how to learn english speaking,
learn hindi through english,
learn english for kids,
english conversation pdf,
learn english today,
learn english conversation,
how to learn spoken english,
british council learn english kids,
how to learn english fast,
daily english conversation,
how learn english,
speak english fluently,
speak english like an american,
learn english bbc,
how to learn english grammar,
how to learn english language,
i want to learn english,
learn english through tamil,
english conversation practice,
english conversation lessons,
learn spoken english,
basic english conversation,
learn english kids british council,
how to speak english well,
learn english vocabulary,
learn tamil through english,
speak in english,
learning english conversation,
how to speak in english,
learn telugu through english,
speak english online,
how can i speak english,
i speak english,
easy way to learn english,
learn english free online,
how many people speak english,
countries that speak english,
how to learn english quickly,
how to learn english easily,
how can i learn english,
learn english grammar online,
english conversation mp3,
best way to learn english,
english conversation dialogues,
learn english through hindi,
how to learn english online,
learn speaking english,
learn english feel good,
learn english pdf,
learn english in urdu,
why learn english,
learn english for free,
let s learn english,
spoken english conversation,
english daily conversation,
speak good english,
learn how to speak english,
youtube learn english,
how to speak english easily,
how speak english,
do you speak english in spanish,
you speak english,
english conversation video,
learn british english,
english speaking conversation,
english conversation online,
learn english through telugu,
the best way to learn english,
learn english games,
i want learn english,
Learn the coolest and most useful English slang and vocabulary words that language schools never teach
Understand all the jokes and words in popular American TV shows and Movies
Learn how to not sound like a fool when speaking when any native speaker
Study real life topics like dating, hanging out, going to clubs, making money in business, investing, and everything in real life. (We won't teach a useless lesson about a boring trip to the zoo! Unless something hilarious happens at the zoo)
Chill out while learning English with hundreds of awesome radio style podcasts. (Already have over 6 million downloads)
Listen to one 10-15 minute show per day and you'll get addicted to learning with us. Your English will naturally and automatically become closer to native English after 30 days. Everyone around you will notice. Read along with e-pubs, PDF's, and get full transcripts to every single VIP lesson in the new and improved VIP section!
From Andrew Best and Addison Best, the producers of China232.com
EFFECTIVE, PERSONALIZED LEARNING:
Lessons adapt to you and your needs based on your level, goals and interests.
Native tutors are available to speak with you 1:1 whenever you want, to help you learn faster and improve key areas like pronunciation.
Lesson content is updated daily, to keep your practice fresh, relevant and exciting.
Everything you learn with Voxy is related to your day-to-day tasks, so you can put your knowledge to use immediately.
Voxy works on your computer, tablet and smartphone. Your course will be synched and up to date across all of these devices. Download Voxy and start your free trial today!
IN THE NEWS:
CNN: “Voxy is trying to change the world”
NY Times: "Voxy integrates content from the internet into a learning program"
People: “Learn English from the daily news that interests you most.”
Univision: “Voxy makes learning more democratic, easy and effective than any other platform in the world”
HOW DOES IT WORK?
GET STARTED: We create a course together, based on your proficiency level, goals and interests.
PRACTICE: Dive in to your course and practice with lessons built from real-world content (like music, articles, videos, and photos) that teach you practical things that you can put to use immediately.
GO FASTER: Connect with your private tutor, and speed up your learning process. Your tutor helps you focus on the areas that need attention, and keeps you motivated.
TEST PROGRESS: Measure your improvement with the Voxy Proficiency Assessment every three months. We’ll adapt your course based on your performance to make sure you continue getting stronger.
HEAR WHAT VOXY LEARNS SAY
“Voxy handles English with intelligence and precision. This tool helps me have interesting conversation topics with my clients; it makes me feel more confident.” - Angel B., Brazil
“Excellent and fast system for learning English... pleasant, topical, current, entertaining, profound, connected to contingent news. It’s very helpful to me; it renews me in 3 minutes… I’m undefeated!” - Maria Z., Chile
“Since I started using Voxy, I can read much better in English and have broadened my vocabulary a lot. I’m no longer nervous to express myself in English!” - Guillermo R., Mexico
Learn more at Voxy.com
Stay in the conversation at Facebook.com/Voxy
_Key Features :
3.Excellent User Interface
4.Beautiful Graphic s
Quick and fun! Practice Anywhere!
* Fast games
* The answers
* Improve your second language skill
* Test your grammar: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced.
* 42 questions per level
* Answers to quiz questions
* A Scoreboard: What's your score?
Who is this app for?
*International students - prepare for tests, enjoy your hobby.
*Teachers - motivate your students to practice.
*Tourists and business people - be more successful when communicating.
*Native-Speaking Children studying grammar - make it fun!
*People with learning disabilities - give special needs students more choices.
Special low price. Buy now!
1. How does the game scoring work?
Correct answer: 1 point
Wrong answer: 0.33 points
Using the 'Correct Answer ' button: 0 points
2. How do I choose my level?
*UPGRADE to get your score for each level. Your highest score is the correct level. Try a harder level to challenge yourself.
3. How can I get the correct answers?
UPGRADE and use the answer button.
4. How can I get more questions?
5. What's the best way to learn a language?
The best way is to immerse yourself in the language. Read and listen to interesting things at your level, and try to find another student or native speaker to practice with. Also, use your time efficiently. Practice with your mobile device when you're waiting in lines or commuting by public transportation. Our app is perfect for this, and the UPGRADE version is priced very cheaply.
Another software: English Conversation Core is now available, Welcome to free download.
1. Text and voice simultaneously playback, simultaneous display Chinese translation or not. Oversized fonts,to protect your eyes.
2. Adaptive support for Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and English. Adaptive support for iPhone / iPod Touch and iPad.
3. Click topics picture to play topics, support select topics or paragraphs to play.
4. Support normal playback, a single topic looping, a single paragraph looping, continuous play (auto play the next section). Suppport playing in background mode.
5. Support timer to stop playing, you can use it to start listening for bedtime.
6. Support the total listen time and today listen time statistics.
7. Support English Examination function. According to your selection of topic, system will random generate some question from 8000 sentence, given the Chinese, require users to fill in the corresponding English. System can evaluate the exam result and limit the exam time. Support statistics and manage. This feature is a paid plug-ins, users need to pay another $ 1.99 to buy.
2.Enjoy leisure time
4.Love and marriage
7.Date and Time
15.Variety of problems
29.On the Plane,restaurant
30.Walking in the street
What's the secret to speaking English better? It's mastery of those tricky idioms and phrases that are so common in English. And learning these idioms and phrases will not only help you speak better, it'll help you understand Americans better. In this app, you’ll join an American family as they go about their day-to-day lives. Along the way, you will master over 300 of today's most common English idioms and expressions!
Hear American English as it's really spoken from native speakers. Record yourself reading the dialogues and play them back. Compare yourself with native speakers. Improving your English has never been so much fun!
Based on the bestselling book Speak English Like an American which reviewers call "a highly recommended self-teaching tool for those who are familiar with the English language, yet who seek to take their fluency to new heights."
This app brings you:
• Over 300 of today's most common American English idioms & phrases
• Tap and translate functionality – just tap the highlighted expressions in the dialogues and an instant definition will appear!
• Dozens of interactive exercises to reinforce the material – with immediate feedback
• Multiple usage examples of each idiom or phrase
• Listen & Record – a great way to improve your pronunciation!
If you like this app, please check out our other new Android app, Speak Business English. It teaches the expressions and idioms you need to succeed in business: http://bit.ly/1aHPCkc
♬ 한국, 일본 통합 무료 교육앱 1위 달성 !
♬ 출시 2개월만에 통합 20만 다운로드 돌파! 감사합니다.
★원어민의 '실제 영상'을 통해 배우는 '진짜' 네이티브 영어, BeNative!★
사실, 원어민이 사용하는 단어는 거기서 거기?
원어민이 자주 쓰는 단어만 "제대로" 알아도 영어가 더욱 자연스럽고 풍부해집니다.
원어민이 입만 열면 사용하는 필수단어는,
원어민이 사용하는 "진짜 단어"를 알려드립니다.
► 어떤 사람에게 필요한가요?
● 단어는 잘 알고 있는 것 같은데 문장을 못 만들어요.
● 맨날 쓰는 표현이 거기서 거기에요.
● 귀로는 잘 들리는데 왜 입에서 안나오죠?
● 단어 하나에 뜻이 너무 많아요!
● 진짜 네이티브도 저처럼 말할까요?
► 앱 구성
동사 “10개”면 160 문장을 말할 수 있다?
[원어민이 입만열면 사용하는 필수 단어 - 동사편]은 원어민이 자주 쓰는 10개의 동사를 통해, 75가지의 뜻, 88개의 숙어, 160개의 예문을 익힐 수 있습니다.
- 구성 및 내용
01. GET - ‘받다'에서 ‘이해하다'까지
02. TAKE - ‘데리고 가다'에서 ‘타다'까지
03. DO - ‘하다’에서 ‘둘러보다'까지
04. GO - ‘가다'에서 ‘접속하다'까지
05. COME - ‘오다'에서 ‘차지하다'까지
06. MAKE - ‘만들다'에서 ‘시키다'까지
07. PUT - ‘두다'에서 ‘쓰다'까지
08. GIVE - ‘주다'에서 ‘전화걸다'까지
09. HAVE - ‘가지다'에서 ‘먹다'까지
10. KEEP - ‘유지하다'에서 ‘보관하다'까지
“흥미진진했어요.” “참 푸짐하네요.” “시끌벅적하군요~” “지독하게 추워요!”
내 생각과 기분을 원어민처럼 표현하려면? 적절하고 다양한 형용사를 활용해야 합니다.
[원어민이 입만열면 사용하는 필수 단어 - 형용사편]은 원어민이 자주 사용하는 형용사 109개를, 사람, 장소, 분위기 등 10가지 상황에 맞춰 정리했습니다.
- 구성 및 내용
01. 원어민이 가장 자주 쓰는 형용사 10
02. 사람 묘사하기 : 넌 너무 현실적이야
03. 경험 묘사하기 : 천국부터 지옥까지
04. 지역 묘사하기 : 도시부터 시골까지
05. 분위기 묘사하기 : 흥미진진한 분위기?
06. 날씨 묘사하기 : 날씨가 푹푹 쪄요!
07. 음식 묘사하기 : 푸짐한 맛, 톡쏘는 맛!
08. 사람 묘사하기 2 : 즉흥적인 그녀?
09. 멋진것 묘사하기 : 그림같은 광경이네요!
10. 놀라움 묘사하기 : 오마이갓! 재미있어요!
► 어떻게 학습하냐고요?
STEP 1. 네이티브 동영상 강의 : 100% 원어민의 표현과 설명을 듣고
STEP 2. 단어 익히기 : 동사의 다양한 뜻, 상황 별 형용사 표현법을 예문과 함께 익힙니다.
STEP 3. 원어민처럼 발음하기 : 녹음 및 3단 재생 기능을 통해 원어민과 점점 비슷해지는 발음도 경험해 보세요!
► 홈페이지 : benativeapps.com / www.benative.co.kr
► 페이스북 : www.facebook.com/BeNativeEnglish
► 메일 : firstname.lastname@example.org
개발자 연락처 :
서울시 구로구 구로동 212-30 에이스트윈타워 2차 808호
If you would like to enhance your fluency you would like to pay plenty of your time listening. strive paying attention to native speakers. for many ESL students, western movies and television ar a trifle too troublesome. although they will perceive the most concepts, it's still a trifle too troublesome to be told English at a most speed. These movies and programs ar designed for native speakers. they'll not take the time to clarify the slang and idioms they use.
Instead you must hear native English dialogs on your laptop or MP3 player. These dialogs ought to be at a speed that's snug for you however still difficult. they ought to even be created specifically for English learners. At the top of this text i will be able to advocate an excellent English listening study technique. it's vital to listen to slang, construction verbs, and idioms. Vocabulary and descriptive linguistics ar smaller. By listening plenty to native English, your vocabulary and descriptive linguistics can improve naturally anyway.
-Learn how to speak English Fluently and Confidently.Improve English Speaking
-Speak English Fluently Rule 1
-18 \"FLUENCY IN ENGLISH\" Be fluent in English conversation Easy speaking Easy talking Speak English
-Speak English Fluently - 1 - Learn With Purpose - English Fluency & Speaking Success Course
-Best Young Asian English Speaker - competition final
-5 Tips to Speak English Fluently & Confidently
-Tips to Speak English Fluently
-The English Fluency Muscle: build it big and strong and speak English fluently!! @doingenglish
And many many lesson in my app
**This app is collect video from many youtube channel can help you Speaking English Fluently better and better**
Each SPEAKIT language-learning course includes 20 videos (a total of around 2.5 hours), with each video covering a different everyday situation, from getting to know people to talking on the phone to shopping—and even to doing business! All in all, you’ll learn a total of 600 essential vocabulary items and useful phrases.
When taking a course, you’ll listen to the language, read the subtitles, and repeat each word or sentence you hear—not just once, but twice! This gives you a chance to read... to absorb... and to speak! And, hey, if it doesn’t work for you the first time, it will work the second time or maybe the third. Practice as many times as you want, whenever you feel like it! The most important thing to remember is that you should never to be afraid to speak. OK, so others will guess it’s not your native tongue. So what? Language brings people together, and people always appreciate it when you try to speak their language, even if you make a few mistakes…
Each SPEAKIT language-learning course includes the following videos:
Preface and Introduction
1. Things You Need to Know
2. Starting to Speak
3. How Much, How Many?
4. Common Questions
5. Important Words
9. Days of the Week
10. Telling the Time
11. Personal Details
13. Car Rentals
14. Friends and Business
15. A New Language
16. Phone Conversations
17. Restaurants and Food
19. Public Transportation
Ready to start learning a new language? Let’s get started!
■ A good Internet connection is required whilst downloading.
■ Please allow sufficient time to finish and do not disturb the device when downloading.
■ NOTE: After selecting your language - this action cannot be undone!
■ Movies downloaded are viewed offline! (no Internet is required)
More info: www.speakit.tv
English,speak English,learn English,English video,English lessons,talk English, learn English
- Type of sentences
- Helping verbs
- Kinds of noun
- Confusing Words
- Time prepositions
- Modal verbs
- Gerund & Participle
- Noun - Number
- Give one word
- Animal sounds
- Order sentences in correct sequence
- Correct ending for sentences
- Word that fits best
* Scores: percentage marks scored for each topic
* Marks given if & only if question is correctly answered in the first attempt
* Full focus on study - no distracting animations
* Minimum taps: auto move to next question by default for correct attempt
* Multiple choice questions in the form text and pictures
** If you would like to cover any additional topics, please send an email to email@example.com with your feedback. We will try our best to cover that topic in the next upgrade. ***
4 UNITS, 20 LESSONS
Detailed course written by experienced teachers with esteemed knowledge in English for tourism and hospitality. Includes 20 lessons that cover everything you will need on the job – from the moment you meet and pick up your clients, to navigating the taxi journey and dropping them off. Focus on learning the most useful phrases and expand your vocabulary and grammar while doing it.
LISTEN TO NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
Train your listening skills with dialogues and conversations of real-life situations, all spoken by native speakers and clarified with images. Learn and review expressions and phrases you use daily.
INTERACTIVE LEARNING AND PRACTICING
Have fun while you practice the most important vocabulary, grammar and phrases through interactive questions such as fill-in-the-blank, drag-and-drop, multiple choice and image labelling.
SPEAKING PRACTICE TO IMPROVE FLUENCY
Recording function allows you to compare your own speech with the native English speaking sample. Improve pronunciation and fluency by reviewing your speech over and over again.
* 20 lessons spread across 4 Units
* Each lesson contains 4 sections – Presentation, Language Practice, Speaking Practice and Progress
* Questions are presented in 10 unique activity types – from multiple choice to labelling.
* Questions use text, images and audio for an interactive and fun learning experience
* Interactive syllabus lists all the learning points in each lesson
* Fully localised for Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish
* Help files available in 8 languages
* Improved speed and performance
If you’re looking for great grammar practice, try our LearnEnglish Grammar app. For a unique way to build your own vocabulary flashcards and download ready-made word packs, try our MyWordbook app. For these and more great language practice apps from the British Council, go to:
- Full 7 parts, divided into 2 sections of TOEIC Listening Reading test.
- PRACTICE mode: answer individual question and review result.
- REAL TEST mode: take a full TOEIC test include complete 7 parts, just like in real exam.
"Best app for TOEIC practice test"
"Great TOEIC preparation material"
ALL-IN-ONE app - No need TOEIC book anymore - very large amount of TOEIC word and question set
Want to get TOEIC 990? or just stop at TOEIC 700? Practice TOEIC daily will increase your skill very fast
Complete TOEIC test - prepare for REAL TOEIC exam
Make a best TOEIC preparation for real exam. Dedicated app for TOEIC Listening and Reading. It's not for TOEIC speaking.
- Help you study and practice TOEIC daily.
- Improve english skills: listening, reading, TOEIC grammar, TOEIC vocabulary.
- Get used to real test exam.
Take well preparation for TOEIC english upgrader
TOEIC 600, english upgrader, flashcard, TOEIC lc, vocab, TOEIC book
More from developer
AWE is a complete course in academic writing for a variety of purposes.
AWE will help you to compose:
* class essays
* exam essays
* experimental reports
* scientific essays
* academic articles
* An in-depth self-learning course covering the entire creative process of academic writing
* Interactive exercises that help you learn
* Checklists for reviewing your critical thinking, your arguments and your essay as a whole
* An extensive glossary of important terms
AWE will not write or review your essays for you! AWE does, however, provide easy tips for avoiding plagiarism, conducting research, thinking critically, making strong arguments and presenting your work well.
REAL ENGLISH, REAL EXAMPLES
AWE shows you real examples from real academic writing. We show you samples of text from the ICE-GB Corpus, a linguistics database compiled and analysed at UCL and used by researchers around the world.
AWE includes ten sets of exercises on a variety of topics, and many more tasks for you to try to on your own. Exercises include real examples of real academic English, and because it's an app, AWE refreshes its exercises so that you can continue to practise each topic.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS
AWE is written by a team of linguists at University College London (UCL), independently ranked as one of the world's best universities. The approach in the app is based on recent research and best practice in the field, as well as years of experience in writing and teaching.
WHO IS AWE FOR?
AWE is for undergraduates, postgraduates, professional academics and secondary school students preparing for university - in short, anyone who does academic writing. It is for native and non-native speakers of English.
The interactive Grammar of English (iGE) is a comprehensive introductory course in English grammar which takes you from the most basic elements to the most complex constructions.
iGE is an authoritative guide to the structure of the English Language specifically designed for mobile devices to meet the needs of busy teachers and students.
REAL ENGLISH, REAL GRAMMAR
iGE uses lots of examples of real language taken from the 1M word ICE-GB Corpus, compiled and analysed at UCL and used by linguistics researchers across the world.
Our examples of spoken and written English demonstrate that grammatical concepts apply to all uses of the English language, not just so-called 'Good' or 'Correct' English.
LEARN FROM EXPERTS
iGE is written by a team of linguists at University College London (UCL), independently ranked as one of the world's best Universities. The grammar you'll be learning is based on recent research and best practice in the field. Our grammatical analysis has been proven on over a million words of written and spoken English.
The iGE course covers the same ground as a first year undergraduate course in Modern English Grammar. But that does not mean it is difficult to follow! We have written iGE to be accessible, with clear explanations, colourful notation and lots of examples.
WHO IS iGE FOR?
iGE is for everyone with an interest in the grammar of English.
The course is is suitable for
• anyone wishing to learn English or improve their English
• students studying English language at secondary or high school
• those studying English as a second or foreign language
• teachers of the English language
• undergraduate students of linguistics
• students of English literature
• journalists, civil servants and anyone interested in clear, plain English
WHAT DO YOU GET?
• A comprehensive course in grammar including:
- word classes (nouns, determiners, verbs, etc.),
- phrases, clauses and sentences,
- grammatical functions (Subjects, Objects, etc.),
- and many more topics along the way.
Creating iGE was an exercise in miniaturisation. We cover the same range of topics found in a heavy grammar book, typically costing five times the price or more, and squeeze it into your device. We have simplified the presentation to make it easier to read, and exploited the capabilities of the device.
• A complete grammatical glossary: a searchable A-Z of grammatical terms (see picture below).
The interactive Grammar of English is extensively cross-referenced via the glossary. Grammatical terms are highlighted throughout the course with a dashed green underline (see below). Tap on one and you get the definition of the term, links to other related definitions, and a list of pages in the course explaining the term in more depth.
• Many interactive exercises and quizzes to test yourself.
Our exercises use hundreds of real English examples. You can try an exercise again to get new examples. Exercises can be timed, and for a real challenge, played against the clock.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Download the free iGE 'Lite' from Google Play(TM).
For more information see www.ucl.ac.uk/english-usage/apps/ige