Find My Book is developed to help booklovers locate the nearest library that a book is available by enabling a user to scan a book’s ISBN number and retrieve its information from the national library’s database.
This app is currently available for users in Singapore only as it accesses the Open Web Service REST API of the Singapore’s National Library Board at this time. Future versions will auto select API sources based on the user’s country location.
- Scans ISBN barcode
- Queries library for book information
- Saves book information of scanned ISBN in list
- Shows nearest library retrieved book is available
- Displays map of library location
- Tap "Bookmark" button to start scanning of ISBN barcode
- Tap list entry to view book details
- Tap "Map" button to view library location
- Swipe list entry to remove book