This app calculates the "Risk Index in Handling Chemicals" (IPMAQ in Spanish) of a laboratory that manages chemical substances. It is a numeric value. With it you can:
• Estimate the danger of a laboratory.
• Sort the danger of a laboratory at four levels: the most dangerous Q4, Q3, Q2 and Q1 the less dangerous.
• Provide a tool to plan actions and containment measures aimed at control of chemical risks in laboratories.
• Identify variables that influence the processes of chemical contamination in laboratories and the relationship between them.
• Identify the most dangerous substances used in the laboratory.
The software facilitates the technique works and simplifies calculation methodology, making the method evaluation is even more applicable.
This app can even be used by occupational health and safety workers who need to evaluate the danger and hazard of a laboratory with chemical substances.
The calculation is based on a method developed by Dr. Francisco Sicilia Gutiérrez and Dr. Pedro Espinosa Hidalgo at the University of Granada and it has been endorsed by the National Institute of Safety and Health at Work (INSHT in Spain) through the publication of technical notes in prevention (NTP in Spanish) number 987 and 988.
More information about its applicability and usage in:
More information about the app development in: