1) A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
2) Easy to learn layout - Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
3) Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
4) Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
5) Unicode Character Map Support
6) Subject-wise word prediction feature - create word prediction list from websites and text files
7) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
8)Automatic Word learning feature.
9) Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
10) Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
11) 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option
1) Keys in Second last row are for selection only (Eg: On pressing 'അ' in second last row, letters അ to ഐ - will displayed in third row of keypad- second last rows 'ക' key is used for input ക to ഞ from third row and so on)
2) Use 'ABC' key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use '123' key to get the number and symbol keys.
4)Long Press Enter Key to launch Supplementary symbol keypad
5) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
6) For adding new word to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
7) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
Send feedback and suggestions to email@example.com
All the alphabets are given in three tabs namely sware, kootta and chillu. When we usually type in malayalam we find difficulty in typing “Koottaksharangal” since you should exactly know the combination of letters to obtain a “Kootaksharam”, To avoid this problem the most difficult “Koottakshrangal” is given in a separate tab. The vowel signs are given in floating groups so that it can be reached throughout. Other letter groups are scrollable. When we type letter like “ka” in any Malayalam font by default it will print “kvu”. As an experiment this is set it to the same letter in this application, so you may type just like you write Malayalam. For obtaining a "Koottaksharam" type "Chandrakala" between two letters.
Please note that This application works only in Android Versions starting from Honeycomb(3.2)
To share the text in to Facebook, copy it, click share and select Facebook, paste in to the timeline (If Malayalam Font is not installed in your device you will see the cursor blink after some gap without any text) just click share. Now Everybody will be able to see your post even though you may not.
Option to share or copy paste text to facebook,email,SMS,Twitter etc. is available
Even though you can type Malayalam as the font is packed with this application file, If you share or copy paste to another application, unless Malayalam font is installed in your device, the text will shows as blocks only. But you can sent it via email since receiver can read it in a computer.
For installing the Malayalam Font in your device (Galaxy Phones) do the following,
1. Go to your Settings > Applications > and make sure that Unknown Sources is checked. Checking Unknown Sources allows you to install Android Applications from sources other than Google Play.
2. Download The Malayalam Font Named "Anjaly old Lipi" by clicking the link belowbelow
4. After installing "Anjali" Font, go to Settings > Display > Font Style and select "Anjali Old Lipi" as your display font.
If this does not work, you have to root your phone.(Not recommended if your phone is in warranty period as warrant will void) to do rooting see the Youtube video available in this page.
If you like this application please give a good rating and share it with friends in facebook. Click the link below.Thank You.
If you find this Application useful, You may pay me some money by recharging my mobile (07560983431- Idea Kerala Circle) with any amount as You wish.
This app extends Android’s default keyboard and adds support for languages such as Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sinhalese, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu. The app supports any device which has Android 4.1 and above. Most of the supported languages have 3 layouts - phonetic, inscript and transliteration. Do note that font support for all languages may not be available in all makes and models, make sure that your device has the support before installing.
You can directly type in your native language to any app installed on your device. An installation wizard is included with the app to ease the setup process.
Assamese: Inscript, Transliteration
Bengali: Probhat, Avro, Inscript
Gujarati: Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
Hindi: Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
Kannada: Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
Kashmir: Inscript, Transliteration
Malayalam: Phonetic (based on lalitha), Inscript, Transliteration
Myanmar (Burmese): xkb layout
Nepali: Phonetic, Traditional, Inscript, Transliteration
Oriya/Odia: Inscript, Transliteration
Punjabi: Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
Tamil: Tamil-99 (initial support), Inscript, Phonetic
Telugu: Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
# Incorrect display of text
Complex script rendering in android is not perfect. So if characters are not displaying correctly, it is an issue with Android system, not with the app. (text rendering in 4.2 is much better than 4.1 Jellybean, 4.4 has perfect rendering when comparing with other android versions.)
# About "collecting data" warning message:
That warning message is a part of the Android operating system, and it appears whenever a third party keyboard is enabled.
Initial version of this app was supported by DIT R & D Project undertaken by ICFOSS, Govt. of Kerala.
- Once installed open the app.
- Now a popup that says "മ" will appear on the right side of your screen
- You can drag it around. When you need to type in malayalam , tap on that popup
- Now a new window will appear where you can type in manglish words
- Once you are done with typing, click the "copy" icon on the newly appeared window
- Text will be copied to the clipboard and the window will be minimized to the old icon "popup"
- You can now paste that text to anywhere you want
If your are able to read "സുപ്രഭാതം" (Malayalam text) in your mobile phone, If you can read Malayalam text on your phone, you may install this application.
Please see video to know how it works.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Open EzyType's Home screen. there are two button on screen (i) Enable Keyboard (ii) Choose default
3. Press 'Enable Keyboard" button and select EazyType Keyboard to enable this keyboard
4. Press "Choose default" button and choose EazyType Keyboard as default keyboard.
2. Go to "Setting"->"Language and Input" and tick in check box on EazyType Malayalam
3. Go to any text filed in which you want to type.
4. Drag Notification bar (On the top of Screen of Phone). Tap on "Select input method"
Now Select "EazyType Malayalam Free" (On a popup)
Long press on text field and choose "Input Method".
Now Select EazyType Malayalam Free (On a popup)
An offline Malayalam Transliteration App using Mozhi scheme. You can also copy/paste Malayalam unicode text to the input control to convert square characters to Malayalam if your device doesn't have Malayalam font.
New in v1.6+
You can now use this app as a direct input method (keyboard)
Step 1. Enable keyboard from Home -> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 2. Long press on any input box, touch Input method and select Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 3. As you type, you can see transliterated Malayalam text on top of the keyboard.
Step 4. Touch Malayalam text to replace Manglish text in the input box (You might see only squares if you don't have Malayalam font or text without complex layout, but target device will show text correctly if it supports complex layout and font)
Step 5. Touch again to replace Malayalam with Manglish in the input box
Mozhi - Overview: https://sites.google.com/site/cibu/mozhi
Note: When you copy or share Malayalam text to other apps, it might look as square characters if you don't have unicode font in your device. But it will show correctly if the target device/app has the unicode font. You can test it by sending a sample text from the app to your email and view email on desktop.
All credit goes to Varamozhi Team for making such a great tool.
Please visit varamozhi.sourceforge.net for more details.
നീതി പാലിക്കാന് വേണ്ടിയാണെങ്കില് പോലും ഒരു സുഹൃത്തിനെ ദ്രോഹിക്കരുത്
Install only if you can read above.
If you see BOXES or BLANK, your PHONE itself does NOT support Malayalam.
If you see broken Malayalam, your PHONE has partial Malayalam implementation.
Layout is simple and quick to learn. Easily related to english qwerty.
1. Goto Settings -> Language and Keyboards
2. Enable JustMalayalam
3. Select “Input method” -> then JustMalayalam
SWIPE LEFT/RIGHT FROM SPACEBAR TO CHANGE LANGUAGE
Works only if
1. Malayalam Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares support these.
More features and layouts will come soon. Report any issues or requests here or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ആ = double tap/shift അ
കി = ക + ഇ
കീ = ക + (double tap/shift ഇ) ഈ
ഖ = double tap ക
ഋ = double tap ര [ഹൃ=ഹ്ര]
ഐ = double tap യ [കൈ= കയ്]
ഔ = double tap വ [കൌ=കവ്]
'വായനക്കാര്ക്ക് വിഷു ആശംസകള്.'
The Panini Keypad is an intelligent dynamic keypad that offers you to type easy and fast in Malayalam (മലയാളം) on your phone. This new technology constantly calculates and puts only 11 characters on the screen that you are most likely to type. Character Buttons are large and easy to point and you make less errors. The accurate prediction helps you compose difficult words in their correct letter sequences as per Unicode.
You can use the Panini Keypad to type Malayalam/English sms, messages, chat, facebook, Address Book, email, blogs, reminders, twitter, whatsapp etc.
PaniniKeypad is an IME(input method editor) for android phones & tablets. This can be your default keypad.
Also high quality intelligent dictionary auto complete and word prediction is offered in both Malayalam and English. More innovations coming up.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text" -> select Panini Keypad IME. (check on) Green.
3. Again Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text"-> set Default Keyboard/ Input Method as PaniniKeypad IME.
4. Back to text compose area, keyboard will appear on screen.
5. Experience Fast & Easy way of typing on android phones.
Watch Malayalam typing youtube video:
After installation click on PaniniKeypad icon on home screen to get detailed information about launch the IME & typing related help.
Direct download Malayalam .apk file from website:
1. Look for the character, press it.
2. If character not there, press Next button.
There is a 74% chance that the first character of your word is on the screen and after that there is a 93% (and higher) chance that the next characters will be predicted to your fingertips. Predicted characters very often in the top left corner and most often you type pressing the same key, at a position comfortable to your thumb.
The intelligent technology is based on linguistics, AI and the dynamic intelligent keypad is patented all over the world and winner of many awards for innovation.
14 Indian languages are supported with this same system of typing and orthography. And many other languages of the world.
This is the best way to type for both basic phones and touch phones. Those who have found out its magic, please help others also to discover.
For Koottaksharam (adha ka etc, consonant clusters) please put a Chandrakala [്] (character with + sign) in the middle of the two consonants. The Koottaksharam will automatically form. The Chandrakala [്] is also a character, predicted automatically like others and shown in RED for your easy recognition.
Examples of correct character entry sequence (Orthography):
രക്ഷ= ര+ക+ ് +ഷ
ജ്ഞാനം = ജ+്+ഞ+ാ+ന+ം
വിദ്യ = വ+ി+ദ+്+യ
പാത്രം = പ+ാ+ത+്+ര+ം
തിരുവനന്തപുരം = ത+ി+ര+ു+വ+ന+ന+ ് +ത+പ+ു+ര+ം
Learn how to write every possible Koottaksharam from link:
In this latest version you can type in English in between Malayalam, by using QWERTY keyboard. One can type Malayalam/ English numerals, symbols etc.
Give a try to this new way of typing, you will learn very quickly. You must use it in Galaxy Note, Grand, S3, S4, Trend etc also, its absolutely a pleasure due to the large keys.
"We would like to share with PaniniKeypad users that this technology (PaniniKeypad) has been granted US patent in June 2014."
Privacy concerns: Panini Keypad does not try to read your data or connect to a server for prediction. Your data stays on your phone and the application does not connect anywhere, you can use it offline also.
"YOUR PHONE MUST HAVE MALAYALAM FONT, OTHERWISE SHOWS SQUARE/BLANK BOXES."
Once you have typed you can share it via Twitter, Email and other supporting apps. You also can copy and paste it into any apps of your choice.
Keymap and live keymap support provided.
NOTE: Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
A tool for Malayalam translation from English to Malayalam
The English words are translate to Malayalam after hitting space.
Once you complete typing you can share it on social network or on SMS.
You can save text for future reference
- You have to type in the same sequence as you write it on paper. Anyone who has written malayalam can use this application in under one minute.
- You can make the malayalam text posted in Twitter, Facebook, Email.
Additionally dictionary, custom words and autocompletion will be available in coming weeks.
GO Keyboard Emoji, Emoticons Free delivers auto-correction and a user-friendly interface. It supports 60+ languages and thousands of themes. The emoji and emoticons in the keyboard are compatible across all popular apps, like Facebook, Hotmail and Whatsapp etc.
Emoji and Emoticons:
Turn plain text into cute emoji and emoticons! Communicate with emoji and emotions such as ( ^ω^) ! Emoji and emoticons speak 1000 times louder than words! Easy to find emoji and emoticons in keyboard area.
★ FREE Emoji, emoticons and other smiley faces (ʘ‿ʘ)
It is free to use a pack of 800 emoticons, emoji, and smiley faces. They are just like emoji in Facebook and Apple.
★ PERSONALIZED EXPERT
There are 10000+ colorful themes compatible with GO Keyboard and new themes are delivered weekly! You could also set keyboard background wallpaper.
★ WORD CORRECTION
Smart enough to recognize mistyping and provide correction suggestions.
★ VARIOUS LAYOUTS, gesture typing and support for tablet device
It provides various layouts such as QWERTY keyboard, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard for pad tablet.
★ TYPE what you speak
Free you with voice input.
★ PRIVACY and security
We will never collect your personal info including credit card information.
What our users said
"Love the emoticons, cute emoji " - Sonia Garcia
For more info, follow us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/kLxbSl
The Malayalam keyboard included in this app has a very simple layout. Malayalam keyboard has keys arranged in 'varnmala' order and English keyboard has qwerty like layout.
Messages written in this application are saved and can be reedited at the later time.
Four options are present for Keyboard size which can be selected from menu button. You can choose a size according to your convenience.
Feature include background color, text color, text highlighting and line alignment.
Type in Malayalam with regular english keyboard now available OFFLINE. Ya, you heard it right. You don't have to spend your phone data to write in Malayalam.
Popular Malayalam Newspapers in one place. No need to type website to view newspapers. News is just a click away.
Videos Section will be updated daily with news, informative, interesting stuffs. Keep checking the videos section.
Learn Malayalam with fun. Teach your kids to write Malayalam Alphabets. They will enjoy learning.
Update your facebook status , send message to someone in facebook, your phone contacts, viber in Malayalam.
Copy and paste wherever you need.
More fun is heading your way, so stay tuned.
Keywords: Malayalam Unicode, Write Malayalam, Type in Malayalam, Offline Malayalam Keyboard, Offline Unicode converter, Malayalam Transliteration, Offline Malayalam Transliteration.Malayalam News, Malayalam Recipes, Malayalam Videos, Learn Malayalam, Teach Malayalam,
VERY IMPORTANT! IF YOU GET BACK TO THE DEFAULT ANDROID KEYBOARD AFTER THE UPDATE, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
*** To enable the keyboard, go to “Language and keyboard” settings, and check “Smart Keyboard Trial” box. Then:
- on Android < 3.0: long press in any text input area until a popup menu appears, select "Input Method" in this menu, and choose "Smart Keyboard Trial" in the list (see the video)
- on Android > 3.0: pull the status bar while the keyboard is visible, and choose "Select Input Method", then "Smart Keyboard Trial"
IMPORTANT: the Pro version is a standalone app, you don't need to keep this Trial if you installed the Pro version. You can transfer easily your settings to the Pro version by using "Backup to SD card" option in Trial settings, and then "Restore from Trial" in Pro settings.
Multitouch keyboard with multi-language support, skins, voice input, T9 and compact, Smart dictionary, custom Auto-Text, hard keyboard support, calibration, many appearance and prediction options.
Don't forget to read the FAQ on the web site if you have problems, answers to most common issues are there!
If you find bugs such as force close issues, please go to the web site and contact the support. If you want help, it's completely useless to leave bad comments here as we cannot contact you!
Ignore the warning about the keyboard "collecting your personal data", this is a standard Android message when you activate any third party input method.
Contains layouts for the following languages (check the market for available dictionaries):
Indonesian: Bahasa Indonesia
Vietnamese: Tiếng Việt
* Its simple, efficient and allows inputting any Malayalam character with a single slide motion.
* Has a base keyboard layout with a popup keyboard for characters based on fundamental characters.
* Select a base letter, slide across the popup keyboard to select and input the desired character.
* Please note there is a half letter character for every consonant in the popup keyboard.
Sparsh Malayalam Keyboard is part of the suite of Keyboards derived from Sparsh Indian Keyboard
Following keyboards are supported with dictionary support:
- Malayalam Keyboard
- English Keyboard
For this solution to work, the device must support Indian language font rendering.
The keyboard has been developed for Android devices running on version 2.1 and above.
The LatinIME touch keyboard solution of the Android platform was used as reference.
Files can be of any format, you can use any of your favorite file browser applications to choose files.
Application is having a very basic UI, enhancements are on its way.
Application do not restrict you to have same application installed in sharing devices. All you need is a Android Beam Supporting device.
Share your files directly from any application over NFC. (* Support from application is mandatory )
Application runs completely on your device without any connection to internet, hence everything is super fast and no Internet Connectivity is required.
Application uses SMS to send you the password in case you forget your password.
* Track Expenses
* Track Income
* Track Your Total Savings
* Export / Import Your entire data base as files.
* Beautiful Transaction History
* Multiple options to filter your History view ( monthly, Weekly,Daily,Category )
* Application based on Latest UI features of Android.
Hope you will find this application super useful :) .
You can manage all your expenses by this application. It provides a very basic interface which helps you manage your expenditure.
So if you are going for shopping or have given some money to your friend and expecting it to be returned, you can put this all on your EasyPocket.
How many times have we wished to know if there was a simplest tool available by which we could have managed our expenses?
Well for me it has been a million times :D yet there was no tool out there which could let me do so without having loads of pre configuration until i was forced to create Easy Pocket lite. Easy pocket application lets its user to starts adding his /her expenses right in the application, just like a diary. You dont have to put in all details about what all money you have in what all accounts and in what all banks!
Why should a pocket manager know about it?
Hence, this application eradicates all these stupid configuration and provides you a straight forward interface by which you can add your expenses. Application also supports notifications.
For example there are many times when you lend some money to someone and then both you and the other person forgets to return you back! Easy Pocket comes to help here too!
We have provided reminder option to you! Any amount added as a refundable amount is provided with expected refund date... hence you can see the notification popping up in your phone on that particular day!
SO NEVER MISS YOUR OWN MONEY1 :D
With lots of more features to come... Easy Pocket is Free and will remain free .
Suggestions are welcome.
android.permission.CALL_PHONE: To initiate a call with calling card number.
android.permission.READ_CONTACTS: Used while listing and checking before making calls.
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE & android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: managing outgoing calls
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS: To disconnect calls
android.permission.PHONE_STATE: To check for Incoming calls