The program includes such utilities:
• Ping - a tool needs no description. You can use a standard set of parameters, as well as additional features such as TCP and HTTP ping. Background work and sound notifications will enable you to monitor the state of the remote host without being distracted.
• Traceroute - an indispensable tool for system administrators. Shows the route on which the packets are from your device to the target host.
• Port scanner - a powerful multi-threaded TCP ports scanner. With this tool you can get a list of open ports on a remote device, as well as find out what programs use it.
• Whois - a utility that displays information about the domain or IP address. With the help of Whois you can find out the date of registration of the domain information about the organization, contact information, and more.
• UPnP scanner - shows UPnP devices on your local network. With UPnP scanner you can find out the IP address of your router, game console like Xbox or PlayStation, media servers and other devices. DLNA-compatible TVs and media boxes (Samsung AllShare, LG SmartShare) also supported.
• Wi-Fi scanner - shows the list of access points around you. In addition, you can find out the manufacturer of the access point, the signal level and a lot of other information. You can use the chart to appreciate it all visually. Supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz devices.
• Subnet scanner - this tool can scan your Wi-Fi subnet to find other hosts around. Scanner can check host via Ping, or check multiple TCP ports. So u can simply find services in your subnet (for ex scan 22 port to find where SSH running). You can also configure IP address range for custom scan, set count of threads and other various parameters.
ICMP ping currently only works in IPv4. IPv6 isn't widely supported on Android yet and is NOT available in this application.
- Allows you to save popular hosts to ping
- Allows you to control ping packets count
- Allows you to control ping packet sizes
- Allows continuous pings (keeps pinging until you stop it)
- Allows you to set intervals between ping packets
- Allows broadcast pings
- Allows you to email ping results
- Allows you to ping in the background (this will allow ping to continue even if you rotate the screen)
- Contain Google ads* upon exiting app.
- Long click hostname to edit host.
- Use menu button to Toggle Sound.
- Use menu to send us a Feedback for ideas and improvement.
- Manually edit /sdcard/ping.xml via a text editor for a easier way to add lots of host. Just copy the Google entry as a template for your host.
Please backup /sdcard/ping.xml before update.
the status of any devices(on the Network or Internet) by sending ping request.
- sending ping request to host every second
- option to send direct ping
- scan ip network for active hosts.
- export/Import host list to external storage.
- easy to use
- cute and simple interface
RUN IN BACKGROUND: You can leave Ping run and switch to other apps, e.g. another network diagnostic tool (for example to see WiFi signal strength). Meanwhile you can hear the PingMeter sound effects to always knows what is happening.
Use case: you can check and test the WiFi coverage on a big room without staring at the screen. Every lost packet will be immediately identified by sound. NO MORE NEED TO CHECK icmp_seq NUMBER ONE BY ONE!
While ping is running you can see the PING WEATHER on the top right. It suggests you the number of packets lost. e.g. a clear sun indicates 0 packets lost, storm indicates no good network connection.
Tested on HTC Desire 2.2 (no root), Nexus S stock, CM7, CM9.
NOTE: PingMeter depends on ping command on your phone, this must be executable to allow PingMeter to run. Usually there is no problem, no user action is required, but some vendor (or Android release) could disable ping to normal user (non-root). This is not due to PingMeter and it can\'t resolve the limitation, sorry.
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Press [MENU] to configure automation so the selected DNS settings will stick throughout connectivity changes.
Select to only automate on 3G or WIFI connections.
DNS list updates on startup, if internet connectivity is available.
Note that some Internet Service Providers restrict access to certain resources via DNS requests. If unable to access said resources, please try turning off automation and reconnecting to 3G first.
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Internet access permission is required to download the latest list of DNS providers for quick selection via the dropdown list.
* Why using free DNS servers?
- Speed up internet browsing
- Be able to access to blocked websites
* Main features:
- Change IP address
- Change Gateway
- Change DNS
- Add/Update/Remove DNS: You can add a new DNS server to the DNS List. You can also update/remove the DNS that you added to the list.
* FAQ 1. How to change the DNS and use the static IP
Step 1: Turn on Wifi then launch this app.
Step 2: Choose any DNS then click on Apply button. That's all.
* FAQ 2. How to change back to the original DNS
In case you don't want to use custom DNS anymore, please check on "DHCP" then click on Apply button.
* FAQ 3. You are connected to the network but cannot access the internet, what's wrong?
Your IP device may conflict with another device in your network. In order to get a new IP, check on the "DHCP" then click on Apply button. After restarting the Wifi connection successfully, you will get the new IP address. At that time, you can change the DNS manually as shown in FAQ1.
- This app does NOT require root permission.
- This app only works on IPv4 Wifi networks.
- The DNS changes takes effect permanently even after reboot
- Each SSID gets it's own setting, so you can default to your home or work router's setting (which you've already set the way you want). Just remember to set it the first time you use a new access point.
PLEASE DON'T INSTALL ON ANDROID 4.3 FOR THE MOMENT, THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE WAY DNS HANDLING HAS BEEN CHANGED IN THE KERNEL. I'VE PULLED IT FROM THE MARKET FOR 4.3 DEVICES.
Preserves your custom nameserver information when using both wireless and 3g/edge mobile connection. WIFI Only with non-rooted phones.
Comes with google, opendns, opendns family shield, fooldns settings, enter custom DNS servers and option to revert back to DHCP.
Includes widgets that will show the current DNS state and if you have DNS Pro installed, will allow nameserver changes by clicking the appropriate widget.
In normal mode, this app doesn't change *any* system files (unlike some DNS apps), so you don't need to back up your nameserver details. Just reverting back to DHCP will go back to your normal network settings.
You can update the resolv.conf file within the preferences if the normal settings don't work. This will modify the contents of the resolv.conf if it is writable, after taking a backup.
OpenDNS Family Shield settings can be used to filter adult or inappropriate content on the phone.
Using alternative nameservers like Google DNS or OpenDNS can dramatically speed up your browsing. You can also bypass local DNS filters such as Nawala.
Set DNS also checks if your browsing goes via a proxy service that overrides your DNS settings. When network settings change, it will try to access a URL directly using the IP address. If this hits the right server then you have a direct connection to the network. If not, then a proxy is intercepting the connection and is using it's own nameserver information.
Proxy testing is turned *off* by default. You can enable it in the preferences.
I've had some feedback about net.rmnet0.dns not being changed (there's a comment here too). The app doesn't change these settings by design. Changing net.dns is sufficient to change the DNS lookups on the device. However, if I get more requests for the rmnet0 settings to be changed, I'll add in an option to override the interface specific DNS as well. Just drop me an email.
If you have any problems with this - please email me or leave a message on the google plus page (see the About option) before rating on the market. Most problems are due to cached DNS or network proxies rather than the app itself.
In particular, testing against sites such as opendns will fail if going through a mobile carrier's proxy.
If you find this app useful, please consider buying the Set DNS Pro app which activates locking, control widgets and non-rooted functionality.
Please note, entering the wrong nameserver details can break your internet settings.
If you install this on a non-rooted phone, please understand that some people are reporting in the market that it breaks their WiFi.
Unfortunately these people report the problem in the market yet don't get in touch with us so there's no way to resolve it. As a result, please consider the non-root functionality "beta" status and install on your device at your own risk.
Tools Summary :
- Run a full DNS Check for a domain.
- Check if a mail server is blacklisted. (checks over 50 known blacklists)
- Check if a mail server accepts a specified email address.
- View the WHOIS of a domain.
- Ping a hostname or IP.
Reverse DNS Lookup
- Lookup the reverse DNS record of a IP.
★ DNSet works both on Wi-Fi and 3G.
★ WARNING: the app may not work properly on Android 4.4.x(1,2,3) due to a known system bug which we are not responsible for. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
★This app work fine on Android 4.4.4This app works fine on Android 4.4.4★
DNSet sets Google's public DNS servers (184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11) on your device. In order to do this it creates a local VPN so you have to authorise the app once. The app quits after the VPN has been initialised, this saves space on your device's precious RAM memory.
Avoiding the ISP's DNS may help in:
* Bypassing restrictions on certain websites
* Speeding up your browsing experience
DNSet is able to start automatically at boot time. Enable the 'auto start' checkbox and a notification will appear every time you turn on your device. Just click on the notification, authorise the app et voilà, Google's DNS servers will be in use.
This tool provides to change 3G and WIFI DNS information easly WITHOUT ROOT or with root for Android users. (Engelsiz means in Turkish "unhindered")
This helps you to change DNS for that you can not enter website because of specific reasons.
This programme has 2 modes;
1. In ”Automatic Setting” users only needs to do the press “Apply” button. This part of the programme’s specification is choosing and changing the most recent, seamless and secure DNS for you.
2. In “Manual Setting” users can update DNS information with only one click to DNS adresses in your list.
Also you can;
* Add new DNS,
* Delete on existing DNS,
* Change on existing DNS,
* Undo all changes on DNS list.
Reset DNS settings:
For reset (clear) changed DNS settings, “reset” button used on ”automatic setting” section
Both settings of the made changes could be reset this button.
According to Network Structure DNS changes are in the following way;
1-0) Changing of the WIFI Dns
In this mode, there is no limitation.
User can select dns what they want as a connected wifi network dns( without root)
2-0) Changing of the 3G DNS
It is possible to two options without root and with root
There is limitation (you can change only Google dns in free version)
2-1 ) Changing of the 3G DNS – Without Root:
Supported Android 4 and upper. (In the 4.4 , 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 android versions have a vpn settings problem. Please update your device to 4.4.3 and try again.)
Supported only Google DNS. (you can change only Google dns)
This method is using Google SDK VPN structure but doesnt connect foreign network. So THIS IS NOT VPN PROGRAM. This method create a virtual network on only your device. You can understand this easly from network speed. It is absolutely SAFE and FAST…
If you want reset dns settings,it is enough to push “Disconnect” button on top “key icon”
2-2 ) Changing of the 3G DNS – with Root:
Supported only Google DNS. (you can change only Google dns)
If you want reset dns settings,it is enough to reconnect your mobile network.
*** Permissions and Reasons ***
*INTERNET---> for Google ads
*ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE ---> for DNS managment
*WRITE_SYSTEM_SETTINGS ---> for DNS managment
*ACCESS_WIFI_STATE ---> for DNS managment
Don't like the ads? Buy the Ad Free version!
Please send me an e-mail if you experience any problems!
1.14: Add support for CNAME and SOA records
Furthermore, there are many settings, the number of PINGs, the packet size, or the maximum PING time.
- measures the ICMP echo from any network or Internet address (www.google.com or 192.168.0.1)
- various PING settings
- PING list
- ping bars (optional)
- ping sound (optional)
- trace a with graphical output
- share the Ping and Trace results (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote ...)
- Easy to use
On Kitkat (Android 4.4), changing dns server settings is not allowed by system. DNS Forwarder can work as a workaround. It does not modify system setting, just bypasses local dns server settings by forwarding dns queries to other configured server.
It works on rooted phones running Android 2.2 and above.
Supported dns servers:
18.104.22.168 (Comodo SecureDNS)
22.214.171.124 (Comodo SecureDNS)
126.96.36.199 (DNS Advantage)
188.8.131.52 (DNS Advantage)
184.108.40.206 (Norton ConnectSafe)
220.127.116.11 (Norton ConnectSafe)
18.104.22.168 (Hurricane Electric)
Other customized dns servers
How to use:
1) choose a DNS server from list. Also you can set up customized dns server. By default Google dns server 22.214.171.124 is configured.
2) Check "Enable Forwarder" box
DNS forwarder will start a service to serve DNS queries (UDP). To stop it, just uncheck "Enable forwarder".
New feature added on 1.4:
* Auto forward on boot
I'd like to make it as simple/handy as possible. Maybe add auto forwarding and more dns servers later. If there is any questions or requests, please send me an email. Thanks.
* No Ads.
Net Ping measures the time for ICMP Echo data packets to be acknowledged from a network host computer by host name or IP address.
Works well with IPv4. IPv6 pinging will not work on most Android devices due to underlying limitations beyond the control of this app. For technical details, see our developer website.
You can adjust packet count, ttl, interval, and packet size parameters for the ping. You can also turn on the continuous ping mode, which keeps pinging until you manually stop it.
Net Ping pauses whenever it is no longer the active app--going to the home screen or switching to another app will stop Net Ping from sending more ping request packets. When you return to Net Ping, it will resume automatically.
Summary ping information is displayed:
* The IP address of the host name as reported by DNS.
* The round-trip response time for the ping packets.
* Indication if any packets are lost.
* Indication as to why packets were lost.
* Minimum response time.
* Maximum response time.
* Average response time.
* Standard Deviation of responses.
To get the statistics output, turn it on in settings.
If you have pinged more than one host, the most recent hosts will appear in a list when you touch or click the host entry field at the top of the screen.
You can dismiss the history list by tapping one of the entries or by pressing the hardware back button.
You can clear individual entries using a long press on a history item. Go to the settings to clear the entire list at once.
Version 1.3.x adds a Live Folder for the home screen, integration with the Quick Search box so notes can be searched without opening the application, and better handles editing on small screens.