• 100% functional offline
• Flexible input/search methods
- Multi-radical kanji search
- Limited wildcard searching using '*' (JP only and slower than normal searching)
- Romaji input automatically converted to hiragana
- Filter search results by noun, adjective, verb etc.
• Input analysis (accuracy will be improved over time, please expect mistakes)
- De-inflects conjugated words
- Attempts to split sentences into individual words and perform searches on each
• Detailed lexical information
- Pitch accent & parts of speech info. for words
- Detailed kanji information
- Stroke order animation (viewable by tapping kanji on Kanji Details page)
- Verb conjugation tables
• Multiple display options
- Toggle between kana/romaji
- Select between light & dark themes
• 3rd party connectivity
- Send words directly to AnkiDroid
- Can share words with Jsho from other apps
• Bookmark search results
• Extracted dictionary files require approx. 37MB of external storage space
• Ads shown when online ('Remove Ads' is currently disabled due to some issues)
• Network permission is used only for ads, this app doesn't collect any user data whatsoever
keywords: japanese dictionary, japanese dictionary free, japanese dictionary offline, japanese english dictionary, japanese translator, kanji dictionary, 英和辞典, 英和辞書, 英語辞書
How to use this Free Japanese English Dictionary Offline:
* English to Japanese dictionary : Use this tab if you are searching for an English term in Japanese.
* Japanese to English dictionary : Use this tab if you are searching for a Japanese term in English.
Must have Japanese translators app for travellers who plan to visit Japan. Helps in reading the Japan city guide, trains & bus schedule, this is a must have Japanese English dic.
Features of this Japanese learning app:
* Works offline! No Internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
* Completely free.
* Teaches Japanese for beginners.
* Provides examples of Japanese phrases for each word and its English translation.
* Displays pronunciation of Japanese words.
* No special requirement for Japanese fonts reader, to display the keyboard input words.
* Best search via built in keyboard for input of text-to-search.
* Display the text in Japanese and English fonts along with Hiragana transliteration.
* Fast keyboard / keypad input.
* Also displays in hiragana/ katakana/ kanji font.
★ Over 350K Japanese words & phrases
★ Example sentences
★ Audio pronunciation
★ Spelling suggestions
★ Search history record
★ Fastest search speed
★ Flexible search (by Kanji, Kana, Romaji or English)
★ Share learning progress via social networks
★ Flashcard display for every Japanese word
★ Optimized for Android phone and tablet
Acknowledgment: This app includes the data of EDict files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's license. See http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/edict.html and http://www.edrdg.org/. The Text To Speech is from Google. We are not affiliated with these services.
Note that user can pay an one-off fee to remove advertisements in this app.
If you require any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Extremely fast search allows you to view results as you type.
- Results are ordered by reverence, with the best matches up the top
- Search using english, romaji, kanji or kana
- Advanced search features such as wildcards and logical AND (& for many characters, ? for single characters, & for AND)
- Includes handwriting recognition and component lookup to easily input kanji
- Entering in conjugated verbs will match the dictionary form (食べます -> 食べる)
- Filter words by categories such as part of speech, field, terminology, JLPT or dialect
- Includes audio pronunciation for many words (requires internet connection)
- Example sentences include reading and links word entries
- Verb conjugation charts show how to conjugate verbs
- Includes common compounds for words and kanji
- Add notes to entries to leave yourself reminders
- Tag words to create lists which can be exported to csv or anki format
- History of items you have recently searched
- Includes animated stroke order diagrams to see how to write kanji
- Includes kana table
Simple & Easy
Supports following languages
Not supports following languages
Recording words are total 44,620
Realized a high-speed search
You can also be used off-line
You can also paste in a Email etc by copying words in this Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English word dictionary
Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English word dictionary has following three functions
1.Search words in word dictionary
(Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English)
2.Register to favorite words
3.Save Search History
※ Please use a translation and learning tool
Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English word dictionary Supports from AndroidOS2.3.3 to AndroidOS4.4
And supports from Low resolution(hdpi) to High resolution(xxhdpi)
This is a perfect tool for those who are studying Japanese,will make your Japanese learning experience much easier.
※If you have any feedback or bugs to report, feel free to contact me via email: jsubmitter88[at]gmail.com
・Supports romaji, kanji, hiragana, katakana input
・Kanji handwriting recognition
・History and add word to favourite list
・No need to select dictionary
・160131 Japanese words and explanations
・155661 English words and explanations
・150000 example sentences
from absolute beginners to advanced students of Japanese.
It focuses on displaying relevant data about words, kanji, examples and grammar points in a simple, clear and elegant manner. Tenjin makes suggestions, searches as you type, and shines at getting the user to the data he wants.
While the free version of Tenjin is the equal of other japanese dictionaries for android,
the unlocked version is on a class of it's own, with a few unique advanced features.
The first time you start Tenjin, it will download around 20MB (internet needed)...
Get help, tips, news for our "read Japanese" app or for the Tenjin Japanese dictionary : http://www.facebook.com/japanese.toolkit
• 300000 entries with very useful metadata (part of speech, stroke order diagrams, jlpt, usefulness...)
• multilingual (50 languages)
• powerful and unique search capabilities
• beginner friendly (customizable display with or without romaji or furigana)
• no need for a japanese keyboard
• a single reasonable purchase unlocks all advanced features and arguably turns Tenjin into the best Japanese dictionary for Android
Database size is more than 13MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
New: Training mode for quiz. Use stroke guidelines and stroke order hints to practice writing kanji correctly. Does not advance to next character until you get it right.
Kanji writing quiz. Test yourself based on school year or JLPT level. Check your answers against the proper stroke order using animated diagrams.
Premium features: history/favorites, export/import, search by reading/meaning, Simeji/OpenWnn/ATOK integration, local stroke order database. You can upgrade form within the application (Settings->Upgrade to premium), no need to download a new application.
Premium upgrade price: around $4.99 (varies slightly by location/exchange rate. Press the 'Upgrade' button to display the Play Store dialog with the exact local price).
Just draw a character, tap 'Recognize' and select a candidate to display reading, meaning, radical and more. Copy or share characters to clipboard or other apps. History/favorites and search by reading or meaning also available (premium only). Call from within Simeji, OpenWnn/Flick/ATOK/OpenWnn Plus to input characters using handwriting (premium only, Simeji/OpenWnn/Atok Japanese IME install required).
Test your kanji writing skills by school year or JLPT level: write kanji based on reading and/or meaning hints. Check your score, and compare your writing with the proper stroke order using animated stroke order diagrams. Free version offers JLPT N5 and elementary school grade 1 and 2 kanji. Premium versions lets you select all grades/JLPT levels.
Follow proper, or at least basic (left to right, top to bottom, horizontal before vertical, etc.), stroke order for best results.
* if recognition is slow on your device, try using the compressed model. Open Settings (press the Menu key, or the overflow menu on ICS to display), press 'Recognition model' and select 'JP. comb. compressed'. This should improve startup time and recognition speed.
* you can also increase the search timeout to make sure recognition starts after you finish drawing. Tap 'Auto-search after' in Settings and increase the timeout (default is 400 ms)
* if it is still slow, uncheck the 'Search on stroke' option in Settings. Candidates won't be displayed automatically, but on a separate screen.
* draw larger characters for better recognition
* Tablet support
* Animated stroke order diagrams (online for free version, offline for premium)
* Kanji writing quiz. Bell/buzzer sounds marks answer
* Training mode
* Automatically searches on each stroke for immediate feedback
* Configurable drawing pen size and color
* Shake to delete stroke/all strokes
* Favorites and history (premium)
* Favorites Excel (CSV) and Anki export (premium)
* Simeji, OpenWnn/Flick, ATOK, OpenWnn Plus integration (mushroom) (premium)
* Search by reading and meaning (premium)
* Compressed model for older/slower devices
* Works offline (Internet connections only required for initial download).
* Stroke annotation
* Undo (removes last stroke)
* Integrated kanji database with more than 13,000 entries
* Kanji decomposition into components
* Integration with WWWJDIC for Android (can be used as the handwriting recognition backend)
* Copy/append recognized kanji to clipboard or share to other programs.
Not a handwriting input method (IME).
Ad-supported (ads are removed if you upgrade to premium)
Version 2.0 requires Android 2.1 and later. Earlier Android versions can use version 1.7.2.
Email for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates:
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features:
• No internet connection required
• Japanese To English
• English To Japanese
• Search From Web
• Search by Sharing
• Auto Suggestion
• Pronounce & Voice Search
• Antonyms (Opposite words)
• Backup and Restore
• History & Study Plan
• Word Game
• Share Words
• Copy Words
- Relevant search results
- Color coded search results based on commonness
- Store words in collections for later study
- Extended conjugation and usage lists for verbs, i-adjectives and na adjectives.
- Example sentences for conjugations and usage of verbs, i-adjectives and na adjectives.
- Phone and tablet layout
- Flashcards (More study activities are coming soon)
- Beautiful kanji stroke order animations
- Explore words by searching by kanji
- Kanji details
- Growing romaji support
Future release features:
- More quizzes and mini games
- Syncing searches, collections and study progress across multiple devices
- Constant tweaking and optimization
- Supports many languages - Italian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Includes offline dictionary
- Word of the day
- Sentence correction!
Speak a sentence and hear the translation!
- voice recognition for all major languages (new feature)
- eMail or SMS the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- Word of the day
- translation history
Japan asia china
It includes words, kanji, sentences examples (from Denshi jisho.org). You can also find word of the day and kanji a day (with 4 levels) sections.
The dictionaries are also interlinked so that you can check what the kanji in a word mean individually or what context a word can be used in. You can also look up kanji by the parts they contain.
WARNING: It requires that your phone has support for Japanese fonts, so it might not work for everyone.
Android frontend for Jim Breen's WWWJDIC
Donate version available.
* Italian dictionary support
* ICS support
* full tablet support
* Japanese pronunciation (install 'N2 TTS' from Play Store to enable)
* text to speech for kanji and dictionary entry translations (English/German/French/Spanish/Italian)
* multi-radical kanji search
* kanji of the day widget
* Japanese sentence translation
* example search with approximately 150,000 examples (Japanese/English pairs)
* example word breakdown/translation
* animated stroke order diagrams for over 6000 kanji
* history and favorites
* history and favorites backup and restore
* favorites export to CSV and Anki
* handwriting recognition (including offline via the Kanji Recognizer app)
* OCR-based handwritten kanji recognition, does not require correct stroke order
* Optical Character Recognition (OCR) -- just take a picture of any kanji you want to look up
* multiple dictionary lookup (General/Japanese Names/Computing/Life Sciences and more)
* multiple languages supported (German/French/Russian/Swedish/Hungarian/Spanish/Dutch/Slovenian/Italian)
* romaji input
* kanji compound search
* kanji lookup by reading, meaning, radical or stroke count
* radical table showing radical variations
* automatic mirror selection for best performance
* Camera permission is needed for OCR
* Coarse location is needed to select the closest WWWJDIC mirror
* For more details, see the FAQ:
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog: