Positive psychology is a new approach within psychology that takes into account the positive aspects of human emotions and behavior. Twentieth-century classical psychology has focused primarily on the treatment of mental illness. In contrast, positive psychology aims to focus on improving quality of life and well-being; studying the qualities, attitudes and positive emotions of human beings; and applying this knowledge in a scientific manner.
The most important positive states are optimism, hope, perseverance, humor, flow, resilience, creativity, happiness, courage, love, caring, self-esteem, assertiveness, empathy, etc. Experiencing positive emotions leads to mental states, cognitive processes and behaviors that prepare us to successfully face the challenges that life brings as well as augment our well-being and happiness.
Includes multiple choic quiz, flashcards, & dictionary/glossary listing.
Send report card of incorrect answers to email.
Send a quiz to a friend by text message.
Post score for global ranking.
Good for review, Advanced Placement Psychology, Psych 101.
keywords: personality test, psychology test, psychology study guide, AP Psychology exam, CLEP psychology, Praxis II Psychology exam, Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology, Sports Psychology, neuroscience
- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
Pet Info section coming soon!
"Why Understanding All The Ins And Outs Of Stress Management Is Crucial!"
Let me explain...
Over time, tension and anxiety can build causing you to be less productive, uneasy, tense, and even unhappy. A poor mood may make you irritable, impatient, and hurt your relationships. You might find it tough to center, stay motivated, or achieve tasks.
And the worst part? The more you don't know the less you will succeed!
That is why I've written this book...
"This Book Below Will Show You Exactly What What You Need To Do To Finally Be A Success With Stress Management!"
As a person just like you who has struggled with these issues, I have searched high and low to find the best strategies to fix this problem and I am fully qualified and equipped to help you put an end to your frustration with trying to wade through all the info you need to know to be a success in stress management.
Your mood and mental well-being impacts every part of your life for better or worse. While poor feelings may negatively impact your activities, relationships, and work. A happy balanced mood gives you the tools you need to be successful and savor life.
Gaining and maintaining a positive mood may be tough. Till recently, there have been few options for those looking to boost their mood.
"Introducing…The Psychology Of Stress!"
This powerful tool will provide you with everything you need to know to be a success and achieve your goal of managing your stress.
With this product, and it’s great information on stress management it will walk you, step by step, through the exact process we developed to help people get all the info they need to be a success.
In This Book, You Will Learn:
- The Psychology Of Stress Basics
- Understand Your Triggers
- Understand The Concept Of Change
- How To Reduce The Reactions To Change
- Use Mindful fullness Meditation To Help
- And so much more!
Diane Ulicsni has worked with many athletes from the spectrum of professional athletes affiliated with Nike and Disney to the college and high school level. One of the most common complaints she hears from athletes is pre-competition nervousness and almost every athlete has experienced this to one degree or another. Now you have a tool to push your peak performance to the max by utilizing the best techniques in the fields of sports psychology, guided imagery, visualization, neuro-linguistics, and even hypnosis.
The Peak Performance App includes a 50 page eBook, Sports Psychology: Peak Performance and Brain Training that will share with you the necessary information, techniques, and exercises that you absolutely must know if you intend to compete at your highest capacity.
In addition to the eBook, there is over 60 minutes of audio programs that will give you a tool you can take anywhere and prepare yourself mentally before practices and competitions. The included audios are:
1. The Rush: This powerful technique utilizes your success moment to build anticipation as your positive future outcome comes Rushing towards you.
2. Power Circle: Guided imagery to develop extremely strong resource states based upon Pavlovian conditioning (classical conditioning) principles. Would you like confidence or self esteem? What about the power, endurance and drive to accomplish your goals? Do you want courage in the face of challenging situations? This program will help you have the resources you want and need.
3. Mental Toughness: Get into the right state of mind to compete in any sport! See, hear and feel yourself doing your best. This program will help you get in and stay in the zone you need to be in before, during and after your sport
4. Creating Your Success Moment: The ability to paint a compelling picture of what you want to achieve is the foundation of any mental training plan. In under 10 minutes, you will be able to visualize exactly how you want your best moment to be, again and again.
5. Deep Trance: Learn how to slow your brain down and enhance your internal imagery because this is the source of your excellence. Easily get into a Deep Trance for optimum performance - regardless of your sport!
You've come this far with your sport - take it the rest of the way. Unlike your gear and equipment, which will eventually wear out, these tools will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Created for the non-professional responder, GotoAID's easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations walk the first aid provider step-by-step through the appropriate responses for everything from bee stings to weather related emergencies to a complete Sudden Cardiac Arrest incident. GotoAID is also an outstanding resource for those who want to enhance their emergency care training by providing instructions for many types of emergency situations not traditionally included in a basic first aid course.
-- One of “10 Great Apps for Android Tablets” (9/2012) – Mashable
-- First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious
-- One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com
-- First Aid American Red Cross App Should be Installed on Every Phone – Android Police
-- One of “8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool” (7/2012) – Mashable
-- One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” – ComplexTech
-- One of “10 Online Resources to Prepare for the Mayan Apocalypse” – Mashable
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
· HEAT STROKE AND RELATED CONTENT NOW INCLUDED IN LEARN AND EMERGENCY TABS
· Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
· Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
· Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
· Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
· Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
The information is all hosted on the app itself, meaning no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access. Best of all, it’s free. Get this essential app on your smartphone now.
Simple, easy-to-understand advice and frequently asked questions on 18 everyday first aid scenarios. Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations make it fun and easy to pick up.
Get expert tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from severe winter weather to road traffic accidents. Includes checklists on how to prepare and tips on what to do during.
Your personal panic button, this instantly accessible, step-by-step section gives you just enough information to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
Find out how much you’ve learned by taking interactive quizzes. Earn achievement badges and share them with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to show off your life-saving knowledge.
Find out more about the life-saving work of the British Red Cross, including volunteering opportunities, latest news and information on in-depth first aid courses.
Download this essential app today.
* Note that while emergency numbers throughout the app are for UK users, the information in this app will be useful to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
This app includes the latest first aid advice and protocols for dealing with emergency situations. It is simple to follow with illustrated guides and voiced instructions.
The app doesn’t replace the benefits of learning first aid on a St John Ambulance course, nor is it as in depth as a full first aid manual. But when there is an emergency, it will help you to know what to do to in those few crucial moments when basic knowledge of first aid can make the difference.
Nothing is more tragic than a life lost needlessly. You can be the difference between life and death.
Please note: The first aid advice is based solely upon UK protocols. Both the UK and European emergency service numbers are provided.
This First Aid manual, which is published by the U.S. Army, meets the emergency medical training needs of individual soldiers. Because medical personnel will not always be readily available, the nonmedical soldiers will have to rely heavily on their own skills and knowledge of life-sustaining methods to survive on the integrated battlefield. This manual also addresses first aid measures for other life- threatening situations. It outlines both self-treatment (self-aid) and aid to other soldiers (buddy aid). More importantly, this manual emphasizes prompt and effective action in sustaining life and preventing or minimizing further suffering. First aid is the emergency care given to the sick, injured, or wounded before being treated by medical personnel.
*** This application is completely based on the United States Army First Aid Field Manual FM 21-11. ***
- Both Portrait and Landscape modes are supported. Landscape mode is preferred for better reading experience.
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
List of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. Fundamental Criteria for First Aid
Section I. EVALUATE CASUALTY
Section II. UNDERSTAND VITAL BODY FUNCTIONS
- CHAPTER 2. Basic Measures for First Aid
Section I. OPEN THE AIRWAY AND RESTORE BREATHING
Section II. STOP THE BLEEDING AND PROTECT THE WOUND
Section III. CHECK AND TREAT FOR SHOCK
- CHAPTER 3. First Aid for Special Wounds
Section I. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR HEAD INJURIES
Section II. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR FACE AND NECK INJURIES
Section III. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR CHEST AND ABDOMINAL WOUNDS AND BURN INJURIES
Section IV. APPLY PROPER BANDAGES TO UPPER AND LOWER EXTREMITIES
- CHAPTER 4. First Aid for Fractures
- CHAPTER 5. First Aid for Climatic Injury
- CHAPTER 6. First Aid for Bites and Stings
- CHAPTER 7. First Aid in Toxic Environments
Section I. INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AND FIRST AID EQUIPMENT FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES
Section II. CHEMICAL-BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
Section III. NERVE AGENTS
Section IV. OTHER AGENTS
- CHAPTER 8. First Aid for Psychological Reactions
- APPENDIX A. First Aid Case and Kits, Dressings, and Bandages
- APPENDIX B. Rescue and Transportation Procedures
- APPENDIX C. Common Problems/Conditions
Section I. HEALTH MAINTENANCE
Section II. FIRST AID FOR COMMON PROBLEMS
- APPENDIX E. Digital Pressure
- APPENDIX F. Decontamination Procedures
- APPENDIX G. Skill Level 1 Tasks
There are many programs to learn basic first aid taught by schools, Fire Departments, hospitals, and community organizations that are a great tool for everyone.
First Aid is usually administered under the premise of immediate care for an illness or injury. Members of the general public are taught to administer this care until the arrival of qualified medical personnel at the scene of a medical emergency.
While external first aid training courses have their supporters, there are strong arguments in support of managed on-site first aid training, because it can be tailored to suit the industry, location and the First Aider student.
Alsco Training (Alscotraining.com.au) says on-site trainers can assess the likely skills needed by the First Aider trainee. This assessment can lead to more job or site-specific training because of the increased risk of, for example, industrial accidents.
The on-site trainer also can inspect first aid kits and ensure there are enough kits for the number of employees at the facility and that their contents are appropriate for the business.
But regardless of where and how first aid training is provided, it is important to understand that not all courses are the same.
This application First Aid Kit is for creating awareness for the people who stuck with accidents and other common medical difficulties like Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Heart attack, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.
First Aid Kit, Injured, Kit, First Aid, Health Care, first responder, critical problems, bleeding, Heart attack, Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.