For android Oreo and Pei,please use "TCP Server Event [Oreo+]"
Hmmm.... Autoremote work great but sometime it doesnot work. This app will make your devices communicate in Local area network.
This app will send an Intent to the Broadcast Receiver whenever a message is receive in the its TCP server port. This can trigger tasks in Tasker app.
1) Use "Intent Received" event in tasker. Set Action as "Intent.unbi.tcpserver.TCP_MSG"
2) "%tcpmsg" will content the message variable
3) Set static ip to work properly for your device in your network.
4)You can use app like Send/Expect to send message to the TCP server from tasker app of another device
5) Force stop the app once and restart again if you change its port.
*added more variable by using "=:=" like other Tasker plugins.
*%tcppar=words on left side of "=:="
*%tcpcomm1 ,%tcpcomm2 ,%tcpcomm3 .%tcpcomm4........ for words on right side of "=:="
(see https://github.com/ProjectUNBI/TCPserver_TASKER_plugin/blob/master/app/src/main/java/com/unbi/tcpserver/TCPservice.java line no. 219)
6) Now you can send TCP msg using Tasker Intent service
putExtra in tasker send Intent like this
"message:Here is your msg" and
checkout BootCompletedIntentReceiver.java and Sendmessage.java in source code in
github if you dont understand
Source code: https://github.com/ProjectUNBI/TCPserver_TASKER_plugin