MetCalc DEmo is an app which calculates metal values for Nickel, Silver and Calcium. It is a test version for the MetCalc app which calculates values for 27 metals from aluminum to zirconium.
As a basis for the calculation of the specific properties like density, specific heat capacities (for several metals even as a dependence from temperature, including melting energy), thermal conductivity, electrical conductivity (for several metals ie the dependence of temperature). To proof the correctness of the specific values for the user, the source of the values and the uses specific values can be shown.
The results and the input values can be given in a lot of units (eg energy in joule, kilojoules, calories, kilocalories, BTU).
The app answers questions like:
* What is the weight of metal cake or sheet with a certain width, length and thickness?
How long is a coil of metal rod with a certain weight and a certain diameter?
* How long is a strip of nickel rolled down to a certain thickness at a given weight and width?
* What is the weight of tube with a certain thickness, diameter and length?
What is the heat flow through a metal with a certain area, thickness and temperature difference?
* What is the voltage drop in a metal at a certain current, diameter, length and temperature?
* What is the linear expansion of a metal rod of a certain length by heating?
Another feature are the calculations to different targets: As an example you can calculate weight by given length, width and thickness. But you can calculate length by given weight, width and thickness.
The results may be copied to clipboard in a way that they can be used in a spreadsheet program.
The app is suitable for all engineers, scientists, lecturers and craftsmen working with metals.
There are often different specific values in the literature and some calculations are there for the correctness of the calculated values.