NOTE: This is a student showcase app, created by students, and is not an official University of Essex product.
* Personalised timetable – check your course schedule for the next day, week or two weeks.
* Deadlines – view your coursework deadlines by module or date.
* Useful links – instant access to the most visited online resources on the University website.
* Personal events – easily add your own events to the schedule.
* Widget – display your timetables in a compact format on the home screen of your device.
The following disclaimer must be read and accepted in order to use this application: Essex Scheduler is developed as a student project and is not official University of Essex software. Information provided by the software is updated periodically and is not guaranteed to be current at all times, especially when the device is not connected to the internet. Please refer to the university’s web pages for the most up-to-date information. Neither the University of Essex nor the developers of Essex Scheduler accept any liability for consequences of using the software. You may not hold the University of Essex or the developers of Essex Scheduler responsible for any misunderstandings that result from the use of the application.
Please use the feedback form within the settings menu to send us any issues, suggestions or comments for the next release.
- Quick search: to show the location of any room or facility on campus with extra information links.
- Directions: Navigation given to any location from any point on campus with the route plotted on the campus map and floor plans. Stair-free routing can be selected prior to running a search.
- Search by Category: Departments, teaching rooms, facilities and amenities, student residences, transport, advice and support.
- Order search results alphabetically, by distance or by floor
- Obtain position fix by scanning the location QR/NFC codes deployed around campus.
- Layers: Locations of services and facilities such as eating places, lifts, toilets, bus stops and taxi pick-up points can be selected and the relevant icons will be displayed on the map indicating their position. Further information such as opening times, photos and links to location web sites can be obtained by touching the icon.
- Browse floor plans by selecting relevant floor
- Send directions by email to visitors guiding them to their destination on campus. The directions can be viewed on a mobile device or web browser using the web-app version of FindYourWay@Essex
- Report faults around campus or issues to the Estates department.
Current services include News, Campus Map, Library Search, Find a PC and Cardio Suite Spaces.
If you are a Strathclyde student, log in to see your exam timetables and results; access reading lists and past exam papers; check details of your library books on loan and view your Myplace calendar.
The easy way to find your way around campus. Find details of any Strathclyde building and get directions from your current location.
Keep up with the University's latest news and Myplace announcements.
Browse the University’s vast collection of reading materials and resources.
Find a PC
Check for available spaces at PC labs on campus.
View your exam results as soon as they are published.
Browse course reading materials.
View the time and location of your examined classes and view the University's academic affairs polices.
Prepare for exams with past papers from your course.
View important dates and events about your classes.
Cardio Suite Spaces
Find available gym equipment at the Sports Centre.
- Displays your current timetable over the next two weeks
- Clearly highlights your next lecture
- Automatically removes days that have passed, keeping the current day at the top of the schedule
- Highlights days you have a deadline due on the scheduler in scary red.
- Deadline screen displays your next three deadlines
- Deadlines' colour coded based on how soon they are due.
- Countdown to the deadline displayed
- Automatically removes deadlines that have passed
You can disable deadline updating in settings to speed up the schedule refresh, as well as disable the "keep current day at the top" function.
Essex Advanced Scheduler is not an official University of Essex application. Information provided by this application is not guaranteed to be correct at any time.
The developers of this application nor the University of Essex accept any consequences of the use or misuse of this application.
You may not hold the developers or the University of Essex liable for any circumstances that result from the use of this application.
You use this application at your own risk.
- View your syllabus and grades
- Add and reply to discussions threads
- View, edit, and save drafts
- Access information posted by your instructor
- Receive real time alerts when your instructor or teammates make posts
- Access your class roster and learning teams
- Access university workshops
What's New in this Version
- Enhanced support for learning team discussions and assignments
- Other bug fixes
Features include: access to your course schedule, our grades, status notifications, directory, and key contact information.
- Search campus maps for buildings and locations.
- Find out which rooms have free PC’s and see which are the closest using GPS.
- View your library loans.
- View timetables.
- Search for friends, colleagues or lecturers using the contact directory. Call or email contacts and add them directly to your address book.
- Receive the latest news and events from the University and Students’ Union.
* Teaching Timetable
* Check In for Tier 4 visa students
* eLearning modules and links to Moodle
* Interactive maps of the campus
* Location and number of free open access computers
* Library Search
* University Profile (including PAT, Assessment Number and Print Credits)
* QR Code reader for University promotional materials
* and other useful links and information