ADFREE (donate) version
Dish pointer helper. Google maps view.
If You have ANY problems/suggestions or You want to help me translate the program into your language, please contact me on my email. email@example.com
Only five steps are requiered:
- Set width and height of the antenna to determine the antenna offset
- Choose your desired tv-satellite
- Check the free view to the satellite with augmented reality
- Align azimuth-angle of the satellite dish
- Align elevation-angle of the satellite dish
Switch on your satellite receiver and perform a fine adjustment of the satellite-antenna.
- Satfinder operates worldwide! We have a lot of customers in United Kingdom, Germany, France, United States, Russia, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Canada, Brasil and other countries.
- more than 190 satellites
- modern swipe-view user interface
- check free view to satellite with augmented reality
- choose satellite sort order
- english, german, french, russian and portuguese language support
- Database of technical data for nearly 400 satellites (name, model, status, position, operator, launch date, launch site, launch mass, norad, cospar)
In cooperation with the Ralf Andrae software development it was possible to develope this app closely to the highly successful iphone app "SatFinder".
The Sat Aligner App guides you automatically through every single step and tells you what to do.
First of all, select the satellite (e.g. Astra 19.2°) to which you would like to adjust the sat dish.
In the second step, you have a choice between the normal oval form or the ever more common flat antennas.
If you decide on the oval offset dish, you just need to input the offset angle or the length and width of the dish. Now the app has all the data to adjust your sat system correctly. All the necessary angles can now be calculated automatically.
In the next-to-last step, the horizontal adjustment of the satellite dish is set with the help of the built-in compass.
In the last step, the vertical angle of the sat antenna is quickly adjusted with the built-in clinometer and you’re already done!
You will find the satellite and check the line of sight fast and easily.
«Satellite Finder AR» - is also a transponder database of all TV/RADIO satellites. You can easily find satellite antenna configuration parameters.
- Shows azimuth, elevation, LNB skew angels for the desired satellite
- Shows frequency, polarization, FEC, Symbol Rate
- Shows official site links, coding algorithm if supported and free-to-air or not status
- Group by C and Ku frequencies
- Search by frequency, channel name, radio station, internet provider, tech info
- Search through all satellites
- Search by satellite name
- Channel filtration: radio, video, internet, data for the chosen satellite
- Entirely off-line version
An enormous data base with more than 190 satellites, 5000 transponders, 14300 video channels, 4000 radio stations and 260 Internet service providers.
- For best accuracy hold your device vertically.
- Press on the "Augmented reality " button to enter video mode.
- To calibrate the compass make several 8-shaped movements in horizontal plane to enhance satellite azimuth location.
- Look at device display and try to get 180° at "Heading" indicator if you are in the northern hemisphere and 0° if you are in the southern hemisphere. All available satellites are at the equator.
- Now you should be able to see satellites available for your geoposition.
Lite version without augmented reality feature available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xcodium.satellitetransponders
If you like “Satellite Finder AR”, please rate it 5-stars in Google Play! We are read all your reviews and strive to make this app better with every update. We pay great attention to your opinion and take it into account while working on newer versions. It is you who help us to improve the app.
Thanks for using “Satellite Finder AR”!
satellite finder, satellite antenna alignment, augmented reality, satellite transponders, satfinder, sat finder, satellite service, satellite provider, satellite tv, dish pointer, satellite location
mobile augmented reality, sat finder android, sat tv, general satellite, sat internet
* Camera Support
* Auto/Manual Image Capture with email/save
* Alignment Assist
* Custom Point of Interest (POI) using Google Seach
* Multi-LNB Support
* Over 250 satellites (Europe/Americas/USA ...)
* Specify Favorite Satellites for quick lookup
If you cannot install the free version your phone does not have a compass, which is required for the director function.
This app is simular to the free Satellite Director but has Warning: metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
additional features, some may require the use of internet:
- enter street and city to get your location coordinates
- your location coordinates via network and/or GPS
- find the exact location with the help Google Maps
- see in satellite view above your location where to point the dish
- create your own satellite sat-lists with only those satellites in it that you want using the build-in satellite list
- reduce and sort the satellite list without restarting the app
- on-line help pages
- 'simple' mode without balancing the phone
- export/import the satellite lists to SD card (backup)
- overrule the build-in satellite list with your own list
- up to 6 satellites simultaniously displayed
- display for your location and all satellites the values for: azimuth, elevation and skew
- the current location via the network
- update the satellite list from a source (USSTRATCOM-AGI) or website (sats.csv, Enigma satellite.xml, Satellite Calculations)
Finding a TV satellite, in azimuth, can be pretty difficult. Before you can find it with a compass you have to do some
calculations using GPS location, magnetic variation, compass azimuth and satellite azimuth.
Satellite Director replaces all of that.
Just enable the GPS in your phone or enter your GPS location or use the map to find your location,
select the desired TV satellite and point your phone to the sky to target (find) the TV satellite.
Balance your phone. You have found the satellite when the white ball is in the white circle
and the cyan ball is in the cyan circle. Align the offset arm, in azimuth, of the satellite dish to the cyan arrow on
the phones display and the satellite dish is aligned in azimuth with the satellite.
Selectable audio tone, camera preview, continuous mode (no pause), color pickers or a user defined satellite position may make it easier for you to find the desired TV satellite.
The satellite list contains 280 satellites.
Warning: metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
Measure distances and angles.
Take a picture, save it as as 3D scene in the library to work with it later.
Export it as an image to share it with other people.
Watch the video to learn how to use this application in one minute.
Several shapes of plumb-bob are available:
- a vertical or horizontal grid to measure sizes and proportions,
- a vertical or horizontal frame split into 2 parts that can be resized independently to check that something is properly centered,
- a 3D box or a cylinder (paid version only) to measure volumes,
- a triangle to measure angles to the vertical,
- a cone (paid version only).
To take a picture and freeze the background image, click on the camera icon.
The second button from the left of the top menu bar is used to alternatively display side buttons:
- buttons to adjust the size, position or orientation of the plumb-bob shapes,
- buttons to activate different touch modes to use gestures to either resize, move or rotate the plumb-bob shapes,
- buttons to adjust the camera height (this height is used to estimate the other distances).
There is a wizard button to help you to adjust the camera height. If you know precisely the measure of an horizontal or vertical segment, make sure the frame is aligned to it, click on the wizard button and fill in with this known distance (the camera height will be automatically computed from this piece of information).
Use the settings button to:
- select the front or back facing camera,
- select the measurement unit,
- adjust the frame line thickness,
- define the number of rows and columns to display in the plumb-bob shapes,
- increase the refresh rate of the sensor to get a smoother animation (paid version only).
- change the colors (paid version only).
- hide the label (paid version only).
- change the label font size (paid version only).
The calibration page allows to adjust 2 parameters that are necessary to perform correct measurements: the angles of view of the camera, and the internal sensor calibration.
Camera angles of view: this information is normally reported by your phone. However, some manufacturers do not provide a valid value. In that case you must measure those angles manually and fill in the corresponding fields. If the invalid values are not corrected, the plumb-bob line will still be displayed vertically, but the frame sides will not.
Internal sensor calibration: click on the help button to access the related video tutorial.
This is work in progress. If you like this application, please give it a 5 stars rating.
If this application does not work for you, please provide some feedback to the developer before giving it a low rating.
Keywords: angle, alignment, architect, architecture, augmented reality, bubble level, laser level, builder, calibration, camera, ceiling, diy, floor, golf, gradient, gravity, handy, handyman, handymate, home, home owner, horizontal, horizontality, incline, interior design, mate, plumb-bob, plumb-line, plummet, renovation, spirit level, tilt, tool, tools, vertical, verticality, wall, distance measurement, width, length, height, depth, surface, volume, spine, spinal column, backbone, vertebral column, massage, bodywork
Supports 6 multicopter configurations: 4 rotors＋, 4 rotors X, 6 rotors＋, 6 rotors X, 8 rotors＋, 8 rotors X.
Build in GPS sensor for precise location fixing function.
Multiple flight modes including manual mode, attitude mode, GPS Angular mode, and GPS Velocity mode.
Equipped with automatic return home function with remote activation ability from R/C transmitter. When RC transmitter signal is lost, multicopter will automatically fly back to home position.
Features two stage battery low voltage protection system; Stage 1 provides visual warning through flashing LEDs, stage 2 will initiate automatic return home.
APS-M provides 3 intelligent flight modes: CFO, HCL, and POI.
Provides real-time OSD flight data output function.
Supports G2/G3 gimbal PAN and TILT control.
Supports Spektrum and JR satellite receivers.
Supports Futaba S.BUS / JR X.BUS.
Retractable landing gear, controllable through RC transmitter.
Supports Bluetooth connectivity with smartphones.
Calculating cutting rate
Calculating rotation speed
Calculating feed per tooth
Calculating tooth amount
Calculating all sides and angles in an orthogonal triangle
Change language German/English - English/German
Metric system is used
Workers Fraction Calculator (WFC) and Workers Fraction Calculator Pro (WFC Pro) is a mobile calculator app optimized for fraction math—both pure (unit-less) fractional expressions and length measurements (feet, inches, meters, centimeters, miles, nanometers, etc.)
=== Features, features, features! ===
- NO ads.
- Reduces fractions to lowest form.
- Build complete input expression before calculating result.
- Decimal in Words display (e.g. 42 = Forty-Two).
- Standard order of operations used to calculate expression (aka PEDMAS / BEDMAS).
- Rounding mode with fractional precision options (to nearest 1/4, 1/8, etc. of choice).
- Rounded result also displayed with nearest greater-than and nearest lower-than values.
- Mix feet, inches, metres, other unit in one expression and get result in unit of choice.
- Built-in step-by-step tutorial system.
- Add a note to any calculation.
- Search notes by keyword or phrase.
- Copy / Append from calculation history to input.
- Both fraction and decimal format shown in calculation history.
- Proper and Improper fraction forms displayed.
- Greatest Common Divisor (GCD) and Least Common Multiple (LCM) displayed for a set two or more integers).
- Quotient and Remainder displayed for x/y fractions and x÷y expressions.
- Unit conversions (decimal and fraction versions) displayed for each calculation in save calc history.
= Common Uses =
Pure math: students doing math homework.
Trade / crafts: electrician, millwright, carpenter, machinist, framer, plumber work.
= Calculation Examples =
1/3 + 4/5 = 1 and 2/15
5 ft 7 and 3/4 in + 3 and 5/8 in = 5 ft 11 and 3/8 in (rounded to nearest 1/8th in)
(2500 mm + 2 ft 4 and 3/8 in + 78.5 in) ÷ 2 = 8 ft 6 and 5/8 in (rounded to nearest 1/8th in)
(Description: Add millimeters + feet-and-inches + inches for total length, then divide by 2 to find the midpoint)
= Unit Conversion for Calculation Example: =
5 ft 7 and 3/4 in + 3 and 5/8 in = 5 ft 11 and 3/8 in (rounded to nearest 1/8th in)
5' 11 3/8"
71 3/8 in
71 375 tho
1 813 mm
1 812 925 um
1 812 925 000 nm
=== App Etiquette (WFC & WFC Pro) ===
- NO Ads. No banner advertisements whatsoever. The only promotion is generated in WFC (which is free); it's a link/button to get WFC Pro shown in the calculation history when the history Details feature is periodical locked. All features are always unlocked in WFC Pro.
- NO General Network / Internet permissions required (only networking is between you and Google Play).
- USB storage is required - access is only used to store preferences and data (and resulting history display and error log content) you enter into the app.
What benefit is it to me the user? Well, local storage allows for portability of your data. If you use and like WFC, then choose to upgrade to WFC Pro, there's a seamless transition of your configuration and calculation history data from WFC to WFC Pro.
- Vibration is required for the haptic feedback of calculator key presses feature (which can be turned on/off).
=== So, Tell Me about WFC Pro (paid app) ===
Okay, here's the deal. WFC Pro does everything WFC does and all the features are always unlocked.
- All Rounding options are available (in WFC the unavailable options are clearly labeled 'Pro Only', such as 16ths, 3 decimals (0.001)).
- Calculations Details: Periodically, in WFC, the Details portion of a calculation will be locked. In WFC Pro Details are always unlocked.
- Any new features released in the future will always be available in WFC Pro.
- By paying for WFC Pro, you support the further development of this app. And each purchase supports the developer, me (give a shout out to @wfcalc or @micahwittman), and is very much appreciated. That's the truth.
This application also gives the tightening torque of the bolts, the clamp force from its tightening and suggest a different geometry to improve the torque capacity.
Check www.trocoide.blogspot.com.es for further details and lessons learned about this type of machine element.
- Choose the satellite you want.
- Make sure the location sensors are activated on your mobile.
- Once your position is found, press "Calculate".
- You will see the desired azimuth and elevation at the top and in the bottom the values returned by your device sensors.
- Follow the indication of the arrow until the red circle turns green.
- Tune the signal strength with your receiver and TV.
Consider the type of dish (circular, ellipsoid) to get the right elevation. Read the following article for more information. http://www.satsig.net/polmount.htm
This app is free and may contain ads.
SatFinder Android takes what was once a rather complex technical job requiring a knowledge of ZIP codes, city and state names, or geograhic positions, plus a hand bearing compass and an inclinometer, and collapses it into an easy-to-use Android application that locates itself, finds your satellite, and then tells you where it is by pointing to it.
The SatFinder Android Home Page is located at http://arachnoid.com/android/SatFinderAndroid
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
CAHORS, manufacturer of satellite reception equipment for 25 years, has developed the QuickSat application to help you to install and align your Mono-reception and Multi-reception satellite antenna and to allow the reception of satellite television channels
This application guides you step by step while putting at your disposal several helpful tools to assist you with the installation and alignment of your antenna. QuickSat will also calculate the necessary adjustments!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The installation and the alignment of your antenna in 5 simple steps:
STEP 1: Choice of the type of antenna
> Mono-satellite: reception of 1 satellite
> Multi-satellite: reception of several satellites with BigBisat antenna only
STEP 2: Choice of the satellite
QuickSat proposes to you the list of satellites received in your area, this list is automatically filtered according to your geographical position. The list of the satellites is maintained up to date by our engineering department.
STEP 3: Precautions of installation
QuickSat explains you where and how to position your satellite antenna and provides 2 essential tools:
> VisionSat: with its calculation of increased reality this tools enables you to visualize the position of the satellites to be received! In order to assure you that the place chosen for the installation of your antenna is optimal.
> Tool “mast control”: allows checking that the support of your satellite antenna is installed correctly.
STEP 4: Calculations/ Results
QuickSat provides personalized information concerning the adjustment of your antenna:
> Antenna mono-satellite: Information of adjustment of the antenna: Elevation, Azimuth, Cross-polarization
> Multi-satellite antenna: in addition to the parameters of alignment of the antenna, QuickSat calculates the adjustment of the tilt angle and the exact position of each LNB. To align a BigBisat antenna becomes very simple then!
STEP 5: Toolbox: Checking of the mast - Elevation – Azimuth
Find all the QuickSat tools : mast control, VisionSat, simulation rise, azimuth
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This application requires the use of advanced functions of the Smartphone with a minimal quality of display; its operation can be faded on old generation Smartphones. QuickSat is compatible with all mono-satellite antennas; for the CAHORS antennas, Quicksat proposes more tools with exclusiveness of the alignment software for the BigBisat multi-satellite antenna.
YOU WILL NEED SATELLITE RECEIVER WITH ENIGMA 1 OR ENIGMA 2 SOFTWARE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE.
SUPPORTS ALL currently existing Enigma1 and Enigma2 receivers and images, has same interface for both versions and works remotely (just forward web port and you can connect from anywhere). Additionally it allows you to ZAP channels, take screenshots and watch live TV streams directly on your device. SatFinder for Dreambox, VU+ and many others.
- make sure you have video player with RTSP stream support (VPlayer or Daroon player)
- user internal IP address (192.168...) instead of public IP/hostname to avoid problems with routing and port forwarding. Once you're sure it's working locally and you have UPLOAD speed of more than 5-6 MBit/s try to forward TCP ports 80, 8001 and 31339.
Tested and working on this receivers:
- Dreambox DM500
- Dreambox DM500HD
- Dreambox DM600
- Dreambox DM7000
- Dreambox DM7020
- Dreambox DM7025
- Dreambox DM800
- Dreambox DM800SE
- Dreambox DM8000
- VU+ Uno
- VU+ Duo
- AzBox Premium
- AzBox HD Elite
- AzBox Ultra HD
- Kathrein UFS 910
- IPBox 9000
- Amiko Alien
- Topfield TF 7700HD PVR
- Gigablue solo
- ClarkeTech ET9000
- ClarkeTech Xtrend ET5000
For informations and support visit
The Rigger Special helps to make the calculations needed to make that safe pick. Calculating the effects of sling angle on rigging, shackles and eye bolts is such an important aspect on safe rigging. Sling angles affects the stress load placed on a sling, it also changes the working load limit of your slings and hardware.
IMPORTANT: The use of any information obtained through the use of this app is at your own risk. All charts and calculators are for reference only and all rigging should be properly inspected and used according to manufacturers specs.
Bridle, Asym Bridle, Sling Angle, Choker, Double Choker
Hand Signals for Rigging
Ask for things that might be helpful in comments and I will try to implement.
Metric Torque Specs
Standard Torque Specs
Rigging limits for wire chokers and chains
Calculator for figuring shim change on coupling alignment.