How awesome would it be if you got support to do something other than porn right when you actually go to use porn.
That’s exactly what unprn does.
1. Open a porn site
2. unprn jumps in, and checks if you're sure
3 and offers psychologically-informed, better alternatives
If you've tried quitting porn, you know how hard it is. Especially with our phones within reach 24/7.
Blockers might work for a bit, but we always end up switching them off eventually.
Psychology apps help too, but don't offer anything in the actual moment you reach for porn.
unprn combines these approaches and offers help at the exact moment you reach for porn.
We offer a variety of encouraging engagements to help you decide. You get to keep track of your progress, and together we learn what works best for you.
What happens next is up to you.
Are you ready to reduce your porn use?
== Your Data ==
By giving unprn access to your browser activity, we recognise that you are placing a lot of trust in us to treat your data with respect.
We do want to learn more about you and all our users so that we can genuinely help - building a better, more sophisticated app. We will always be upfront about what data we can and do collect, and give you control and options wherever possible.
unprn does not currently track or store your browsing history. We only track and store:
* the times and frequency of your porn sessions
* which in-app features you engage with
* your answers to in-app questions and interactions (e.g. mood & energy questionnaires)
* your app configuration data
== App permissions ==
unprn asks for the following permissions when you install it. They are all optional, though the background service that underpins the 'circuit-breaker' functionality can only run if they are enabled.
* Accessibility - This allows us to view all your actions on your phone. We ignore everything except the urls you visit in a web browser. If they match a known porn site, the circuit-breaker kicks in and opens the unprn app. If the url does not match, we just ignore it. We don't track or store a history of the urls you visit, whether they are porn sites or not.
* Device Admin - Android has a habit of aggressively optimising app permissions and background services to keep your phone from clogging up with unwanted activities. We ask for this permission to put unprn in a special category that prevents Android from switching off the circuit-breaker in the background. We don't do anything further with this permission.
* Battery optimisation - A bit like the device admin permission, this prevents Android from switching off the circuit-breaker when the battery gets low. unprn doesn't use a lot of battery, so you shouldn't notice a difference by doing this.