Monitor network printers from your mobile device with the free Universal Printing Assistant (UPA). Check printer alert conditions and operating statuses with a tap, whether it’s a low/empty paper tray, low toner/ink or a paper jam. Get printer notifications automatically via email and/or notifications if a printer enters an alert state.
Whichever printer you prefer – HP, Epson, Canon, Lexmark, Xerox or more – UPA can monitor your printer’s status. Ink and toner running out, paper jams and more can be a thing of the past with printer monitoring and real time alerts.
HOW IT WORKS
- The UPA printing app lets you keep ahead of your printers by providing real-time status every time you open it and by actively notifying you if a printer requires attention.
- Network tools let UPA securely identify all SNMP-capable network printers and connect to them.
- Connect more printers by entering a broader IP Address range and delete printers from monitoring at any time.
- Printer alerts can be configured within the printing app to identify the conditions that will cause an alert (toner/paper low, paper jams), and whether you want to enable active alerts via email and app notifications.
TONER & INK ORDERING MADE SIMPLE
- The printer app takes the guesswork out of ordering by identifying the part number for the toner or ink cartridge needing replacing.
- Reorder cartridges with just a couple taps through Amazon or your preferred vendor.
- Online shopping lets you purchase original supplies (OEM) or lower-cost Xerox-brand for HP and Brother
- Monitor and manage compatible printers, including:
• HP printers
• Brother printers
• Xerox printers
- Universal Printing Assistant will also interface with other printer brands without One-Click ordering, including:
• Epson printers
• Lexmark printers
• Canon printers
• Dell printers
Monitor your printers anywhere and anytime with ease. Download Universal Printing Assistant for free and make your printer problems go away.
Universal Printing Assistant is designed to work within a Local Area Network (LAN) that typically connect computers, printers and other peripherals in a relatively small area such as a business, school, etc. Modern LANs predominantly use either Wi-Fi or Ethernet to connect their devices together.
UPA is not well suited to large enterprise (e.g., corporate) network environments as these commonly utilize wide area network (WAN) to connect several LANs as well as proxy servers, which among other things provide firewall and network data filtering support.
Note: Your mobile device must connect to the same network as the printers for UPA to discover to the printers.
MOBILE DEVICE INTERNET CONNECTION VIA WIFI
For UPA to function, your mobile device must have a strong/consistent WIFI connection to the Internet.
Universal Printing Assistant 1.4 is optimized to support Brother, HP, and Xerox printers.
UPA will interface with other printer brands (e.g., Lexmark, Epson, Canon, etc.) though One-Click ordering will not be available until Fall 2018.
Note: Entry level home-office/personal printers (laser, inkjet, all-in-ones) are likely not able to provide adequate information to UPA about paper tray levels, supplies levels, or operational status due to their limited reporting capabilities.
• This is a limitation of entry-level printing devices – not the UPA App itself.
Version 1.4 will support United States only. A subsequent UPA release will be available for download and use in other countries in Fall 2018.