Take the UPCZilla app shopping with you, scan bar codes from products and compare prices with eBay, Amazon and others to see if you can get them cheaper online! The stores hate this money-saving app :).
UPCZilla is incredibly simple: as you shop in a physical store you can scan bar codes from products you are interested in and within seconds find the lowest price for the same item on eBay, Amazon and other stores, compare prices amongst the online retailers and get other info such as price history and manufacturer data.
Then if it's cheaper online you can click straight through to the seller and order the item, or send the link to your desktop PC if you are using Chrome (Share -> Send to your devices), to order when you get back home.
Sounds simple - and it is - but it's smart too! Think of the bargains you could find!
- no registration,
- no ads,
- no bloat,
- no in-app purchases,
- uses hardly any space on your phone.
* the app only supports UPC-A barcodes as used in the US and Canada (no EAN-13s etc.), although some limited support is provided for ISBNs (books etc.). This also means that there is no point scanning house brand products in supermarkets (e.g. Sam's Choice in Walmart) as they may not be sold anywhere else, or even have a standard UPC-A code
* only US online stores are listed. If we get enough demand we will expand functionality in the future
* product data is displayed in your phone's browser, not in the app itself - this is due to limitations some online retailers place on use of their product data in mobile apps, we will look at getting this lifted if possible
* if the product has never been scanned before by a user of our app there may be a longer delay in compiling the information, so a bit of patience is required, we will work on a solution for that too
* prices given usually do not include shipping - it would be impossible to do so given the variety of delivery options/locations out there, though delivery is very often included these days