Learn dermoscopy with this full-color, case-based self-assessment guide
Awarded First Prize in the Internal Medicine category of the British Medical Association Medical Book Awards!
With 436 clinical and dermoscopic images and 218 progressively more difficult cases commonly encountered in general dermatologic practice, Dermoscopy: An Illustrated Self-Assessment Guide offers a unique checklist methodology for learning how to use dermosocpy to diagnose benign and malignant pigmented and non-pigmented skin lesions.
Each high-quality, full-color clinical and dermoscopic image is presented with short history. Every case is followed by multiple-choice questions and three check boxes to test your knowledge of risk, diagnosis, and disposition. Turn the page, and the answers to the questions are provided in an easy-to-remember manner which includes the dermoscopic images being sown again. Circles, stars, boxes, and arrows appear in the image pointing out the important criteria of each case.
• Cases involving the scalp, face, nose, ears, trunk and extremities, palms, soles, nails, and genitalia – many new to this edition
• The concepts of clinic-dermoscopic correlation, dermoscopic-pathologic correlation, and dermoscopic differential diagnosis are employed throughout
• Each case includes a discussion of all of its salient features in a quick-read outline style and ends with a series of dermoscopic and/or clinical pearls based on the authors’ years of experience
• Key dermoscopic principles are re-emphasized throughout the book to enhance your understanding and assimilation of the teaching points
• Two new chapters on trichoscopy and dermoscopy in general medicine
• Updated material on pediatric melanoma, desmoplastic melanoma, Merkel cell carcinoma, invasive squamous cell carcinoma, and nevi and melanoma associated with decorative tattoos
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search the text. The search tool shows you choices of words that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a search result very easily. You can also change the text size for easier reading. Bookmark cases, add notes, and answer multiple choice questions on your way to mastering the content! No internet connection needed to view the full app. It is all ready for super quick image and information retrieval. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
This interactive app is based on the full content of Dermoscopy: An Illustrated Self-Assessment Guide, 2/E by McGraw-Hill.
Robert H. Johr, MD
Voluntary Professor of Dermatology and
Voluntary Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Pigmented Lesion Clinic
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Prof. Wilhelm Stolz, MD
Director Clinic of Dermatology, Allergology and Environmental Medicine
Hospital München Schwabing, and
Professor of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer