Comprehensive, single-source coverage of the entire first year of medical school!
First Aid for the Basic Sciences: General Principles, Third Edition provides readers with a solid understanding of the basic science principles with which all medical students must be familiar. Delivering a comprehensive single-source review of the entire first year of medical school, the book assumes little prior knowledge, and is written in a non-technical, easy-to-understand style.
• An essential companion during your first two years of medical school
• Includes important foundational content most other reviews leave out
• Focuses on the high-yield topics and facts tested on the USMLE Step 1
• Enhanced by full-color images, learning aids, tables, and concise text to streamline your study and help you excel in coursework and on the USMLE Step 1
• Provides a complete framework for understanding biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, pathology, pharmacology, and public health sciences
• Mirrors the table of contents of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 to facilitate side-by-side study
• Written by students who aced the USMLE and reviewed by top faculty
The content in the app is formatted for optimal viewing on your mobile device to make these great review resources more accessible than ever. No internet connection needed to view the full app. Once you have purchased the app, the full content is downloaded onto your device for super quick image and information retrieval.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search the text. The powerful search engine allows you to find what you are looking for instantly. The search tool also shows you suggestions as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. You can create bookmarks and notes, allowing you to learn and memorize the material with great speed and efficiency. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
This interactive app is based on the full content of First Aid For The Basic Sciences: General Principles, Third Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Tao Le, MD, MHS
William L. Hwang, MD, PhD
Luke R.G. Pike, MD, DPhil
M. Scott Moore, DO
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer