The acclaimed protocol-based guide to neurocritical care – essential for daily practice and the boards
An immediate classic, this groundbreaking text is based on the premise that neurointensivists must be trained to handle not only the brain, but the entire body. The NeuroICU Book, Second Edition does not limit coverage to the brain and spine – it spans all organ insufficiencies and failures – along with neurologic illnesses.
Thoroughly updated to keep pace with all the advances in this emerging field, the Second Edition of The NeuroICU Book combines the latest clinical perspectives in critical care medicine, neurology, and neurosurgery. This practical, evidence-based text standardizes neurocritical care and takes you through the rationale for those standards. Filled with detailed case studies and enhanced by a question-and-answer format, the book not only builds competency in recognizing acute changes in neurological function, but also addresses all organ insufficiencies and failures, reflecting the real-life challenges in the modern neuro-ICU.
• Strong emphasis on clinical practicality
• Evidence-based approach leverages the scientific and controlled research that supports the key treatment methods outlined in the book
• Practical tools include algorithms, tables, illustrations, photographs, detailed references, and critical take home points
• Balanced coverage of neurologic and critical care and neurosurgery offers outstanding preparation for the neurocritical care board certification exam as well as an indispensable primer for daily clinical work
• Second Edition includes new chapters covering CNS infection, paroxysmal sympathetic hyperactivity, acute liver failure, encephalopathy and delirium, spine trauma, pediatric neurosurgery, and carotid endarterectomy and extracranial-intracranial bypass
No Internet connection needed to view the app after it has been downloaded. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The search tool shows you suggestions that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a topic or image very easily. You can also create notes and bookmarks separately for chapters and images to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
This interactive app is based on the full content of The NeuroICU Book, Second Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Kiwon Lee, MD, FACP, FAHA, FCCM
Vice Chairman, Department of Neurosurgery for Critical Care
Associate Professor, Neurosurgery and Neurology
Chief, Division of Neurocritical Care
Director, Neuroscience and Neurotrauma ICU
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
Mischer Neuroscience Institute
Memorial Hermann—Texas Medical Center
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer