This app emerged as part of the research project involving Ulster University, Queen's University, Belfast and the Autism Charity, PEAT NI. The app provides self-management support for daily activities and is aimed at young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder. LifePal empowers and motivates users to complete daily tasks and to log details about their behaviour / feelings as they change throughout the day. This app is supported via a dedicated web portal that can be accessed here:
Note: Registration and authorized access to the App and Web Portal can be arranged on an individual basis by contacting PEAT NI - email@example.com.
Key app features include:
- Life-logging of emotions and behaviour
- Daily prompting and reminders to complete specific tasks
- Task management and completion via parent validation
- Rewards system, where users gain stars for completing tasks. These stars can be cashed in for personalised rewards (as set by the parent)
- Individual log in for the child and associated web portal login for the parent
- Emergency priority calling
- Location geofencing and alerting
- A personalised 'Get me home' feature, where parents can get notified if their child is lost
- NFC validation of tasks where the parent uses a personalised NFC card to scan the phone and reward the child.