50% Promotional Sales! Limited Time Only!
Aviation Glossary Plus+ is an application containing over 1300 aviation-related glossary terms. It is an excellent educational and reference application for pilots as well as those who have interest in airplanes and the aviation business. In particular, this application contains glossary terms in the following areas:
- Aircraft Navigation Terms
- Aircraft Power Plant Terms
- Aircraft Structure Terms
- Aircraft Systems Terms
- Airline Terms
- Airport Terms
- ATC Terms
- Aviation Maintenance Terms
- Aviation Safety Terms
- Aviation Terms
- Aviation Weather Terms
- Avionics Terms
- FAA Terms
- ICAO Terms
- Military Aviation Terms
The application is optimized for Android 1.6+ devices.
This application has the following features:
- User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
- Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other glossary
- A glossary search engine
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
This app is no longer maintained. Thank you for your interest.
Pilot Club is an aviation news app featuring crew-centered news, with commentary about current events and issues of interest to the aviation community.
Keywords: pilot, club, news, aerospace, aviation, crew, airliner
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
SkilledPilots.com is an aviation directory where businesses can list their business for free, and a place for pilots to post their resumes for free. It’s our goal to get the most exposure possible for the aviation businesses and resumes listed on our aviation directory.
To get the most exposure possible for the businesses and resumes listed on our website we blog about trending aviation news about skilled pilots, aviation, aerospace, aircrafts, airplanes, airline jobs, airline pilots, pilot jobs, helicopter pilots, jet pilots, fighter pilots, learn to fly, Boeing jobs, army aviation, helicopter pilot jobs, Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 747, Airbus a380, Airbus a320, use press releases, our 28.000+ Twitter followers account @skilledpilots, #skilledpilots, Facebook, YouTube channel with over 3 million views and other media outlets.
We are off to a good start with already being noticed and mentioned by 85+ highest ranked US media outlets such as ABC News, Boston Globe, Miami Herald, The Columbus Dispatch, The Telegraph, San Francisco Chronicle, Sign On San Diego , Star Telegram, The Tribune, The Times Union New York and many more.
Our website is also optimized to be viewed on mobile devices and smartphones. Check it out yourself. Grab your phone or tablet and go to www.SkilledPilots.com.
If you have any questions or have a suggestion to improve this app please contact us first before placing a comment in the Google Play Store. Thank you!
The SkilledPilots.com Team
Operated by Fixed Wing and Helicopter Pilots
Aviation tools: flight computer (most useful CR3 & E6B functions), pilot logbook assistant, airfield database, weather charts, weather getter, NOTAM getter, post-flight fuel check, fuel order, refuel check, wind calculator, snowtam decoder, descent angle calculator, ice & turbulence forecast decoder, altimeter temperature correction, underload calculator, briefing buddy, quick performance, great circle calculator, weight and balance calculator, sunrise/sunset calculator & hold calculator.
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
- Warnings before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B
Current coverage: Hungary, Europe. (But more to come later.)
* automatic map downloads
* base and detailed map packages for download
* pausable and resumable map downloads
* show & follow aircraft location
* lock screen orientation
* keep screen awake without user interaction
* donate to the Open Aviation Map project
If you like this project, don't forget to donate from within the application!
The Open Aviation Map project aims to create maps to be used by general aviation enthusiasts - similarly to the Open Street Maps project.
Open Aviation Map is an open source project, follow the development at http://code.google.com/p/openaviationmap/
Like us on FaceBook here: https://www.facebook.com/OpenAviationMap
1.video marketing on all media platforms and especially via smartphones and MMS texting
2.the aviation magazine for all aeronautic businesses to advertise and market N
3. an app for a business in all major cities around the world
in these locations:
Lincoln Omaha Nebraska
Carson City Nevada
Little Rock Arkansas
Concord New Hampshire
Sacramento Los Angeles
San Francisco California
TrentonYork New Jersey
Denver Aspen Boulder Springs Colorado
Santa Fe New Mexico
Albany New York
Raleigh North Carolina
Miami Orlando Florida
Bismarck North Dakota
Providence Rhode Island
Des Moines Iowa
Pierre South Dakota
Baton Rouge Louisiana
Salt Lake City Utah
Saint Paul Minnesota
Charleston West Virginia
Argentina Buenos Aires
Bolivia La paz
Botswana - Gaborone
Cape Verde Praia
Congo, Democratic Republic
Costa Rica San Jose
El Salvador San Salvador
Grenada Saint George's
India New Delhi
Kuwait Kuwait City
Marshall Islands Majuro
Panama Panama City
Saudi Arabia Riyadh
United Kingdom London
United States America Washington D.C.
Vatican City Vatican City
APP is built with these ideas in mind:
Uniting aviation airlines companies and individuals from all around the world and building a community we can all enjoy for success and leisure.
Pro Features include:
- Worldwide database of more than 25000 airports, including ultra light and glider airfields
- Displaying airport identifier and full name
- Intelligent blocktime logging
All the money raised from the pro version is used to pay for my ATPL. If you have any questions or problems with the app, please send me an email and I will respond as soon as possible!
- No ads, no hidden costs, no privacy issues!
- Logging of Block-Time (PRO)
- Logging Take-Off, Touch&Go and Landing times
- Logging of airport identifier and full name (PRO)
- Database of 25000 airports, including glider and ultra light airfields (PRO)
- Easy sharing of logged times with an app of your choice - eg. SMS, WhatsApp or Email
- Smart algorithms that take many factors in account for calculating exact times and reducing false positives to a minimum
Reduce your workload with just one click - so you can concentrate on the important things. You will never be in a situation again where you forgot to write down your off-block time and you can use your resources for aviating instead of looking down and writing down times.
Try the free version today - unlike other apps it contains absolutely no ads and no data will ever leave your phone without your permission.
If you like the app consider buying the PRO version, which contains the features listed above; all the money will be used for paying my ATPL training. (And if you are not happy with the paid version, you get a full refund, no question asked!)
If you have any questions, feel free to email me!
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads! Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Long-press to set Destination.
•GPS distance, track, & Time.
•Nearest Airports, touch to select.
•Basic flight leg planning.
•Runway extension option.
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Basic functions include:
- Count down timer in seconds.
- Count down in degrees ("S.Rt.") for Standard Rate turns, useful in making a 180 degree turn for example.
- One minute punch in for hold patterns.
- Option to use any phone button to start/stop.
- Vibration alert.
- Tone alert.
- Maximum time out of 100 minutes.
More from developer
Disclaimer: Gambling Laws are different depending on the area. It is up the user to determine the legality of the games being participated in.
Keywords: Sports, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, PullTab, Pull Tab, Sports Boards, Super Bowl, March Madness, World Series, Bet