-Pics, videos, and descriptions of the clues you can watch for when a tornado is imminent.
-Complete cloud chart, w/ pictures and Latin names
-Detailed explanations and descriptions
-Interactive Supercell Storm Diagram
-Live Storm/Tornado Tracking
-US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, and more!
-Live storm reports from across the US
-SPC hourly tornado forecasts
Be your own storm chasing meteorologist!
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.
Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.
Instructions for install:
1) Go to your apps button
2) Select the Widgets tab. Long press on the SPC Widget (light blue background).
3) Drag to the area you want it on your homescreen.
4) See the config screen and choose your settings for update frequency and sounds.
5) Save and then see it on the screen.
6) Long press again to resize.
7) Long press and move to trash can to delete.
8) Repeat 1) - 6) to add again.
To get back to the config screen you have to delete your widget from the screen by dragging it to the trashcan then install a new one. Then you will see the config screen again and can set a new update time or disable the sound on the new one.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
Higgins Storm Chasing App, is everything relating to weather, all rolled
We provide live Forecasts, Warnings and Observations... With Storm Chasing
being our passion, a strong team of 14 Administrators, will bring you
incredible photos, videos, streaming and live updates from the field.
With advanced community awareness, leading to better preparation and
understanding of weather, as your safety is our number one priority.
*Receive HSC, Official BOM and EMQ Geo targeted push notifications during
Severe Weather or Disaster events.
* Fast easy access to our live Facebook, Twitter and Website.
* View our Photo Gallery and Online Store.
* Direct Share your photos to us
* Quick link to BOM and Weatherzone weather radar and warnings.
* Direct Access to a wide range of Weather forecast tools.
New features: Track Tornado and Severe Storms, as well as Wild Fire warnings and news.
Also features the latest reports on earthquakes and seismic activity from around the world.
Monitor a detailed 7-day forecast, current conditions & hazardous weather, tropical weather, marine/tide forecasts, satellite IR images, surface observations, watches, warnings, advisories, tornados, hurricanes, weather watch.
Weather and Radar provided for United States and surrounding regions:
District of Columbia
Alaska Marine Zones
Atlantic Marine Zones
Great Lakes Marine Zones
Gulf of Mexico Marine Zones
Pacific Marine Zones
Pacific Islands Marine Zones
Marine Zones (all)
*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
Alerts from news sources can take several minutes to appear, and if you lose power you may not have access to the news.
With Tornado Alert, any user who sees a tornado can send an alert to all other users of the app within 20 miles that there is a tornado near by.
Alerts are normally delivered to all users in less than 5 seconds.
In addition to this, users are notified whenever they are in a "Tornado Warning" or "Tornado Watch" area, within 1 minute of the alert being declared.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/TornadoAlertApp
If you have any questions or feedback, our twitter feed is manned throughout the day.
You can read more about the app at http://silverwraith.com/blog/2012/03/tornado-alert-app/
Download Tornado Alert today, report tornados, and help save a life!
While we do our best to filter out false reports of tornados, we depend on the community to help everyone get through the tornado season.
We cannot guarantee that every tornado will get an alert - as more users join and alert others on tornados, we hope to develop Tornado Alert into the fastest early warning system for tornados in the country.
• Maps showing real-time watches and warnings, Doppler, radar, satellite, rainfall
• Tornado alerts by county
• Live updates from Live Wire, Facebook, and Twitter
• Tornado Videos and coverage from KOCO
• Checklists, Info, and Videos to help you be prepared and stay safe
• Slideshows of compelling images and tips
• Share your storm photos, videos with u local - they may be shown on TV
It currently focuses on the area of the United States typically called Tornado Alley which currently includes Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri.
Depending on whose map you look at other states like Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, and South Dakota could claim that not so distinct honor of being part of tornado alley. Look for the addition of those states at a later date.
Features included in the App:
-Storm Spotters comments and storm photo upload
-NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
-Tornado Photos and Videos
-Photo upload to send us storm photos for our gallery
-Weather alert feeds