-Pics, videos, and descriptions of the clues you can watch for when a tornado is imminent.
-Complete cloud chart, w/ pictures and Latin names
-Detailed explanations and descriptions
-Interactive Supercell Storm Diagram
-Live Storm/Tornado Tracking
-US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, and more!
-Live storm reports from across the US
-SPC hourly tornado forecasts
Be your own storm chasing meteorologist!
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.
Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.
Instructions for install:
1) Go to your apps button
2) Select the Widgets tab. Long press on the SPC Widget (light blue background).
3) Drag to the area you want it on your homescreen.
4) See the config screen and choose your settings for update frequency and sounds.
5) Save and then see it on the screen.
6) Long press again to resize.
7) Long press and move to trash can to delete.
8) Repeat 1) - 6) to add again.
To get back to the config screen you have to delete your widget from the screen by dragging it to the trashcan then install a new one. Then you will see the config screen again and can set a new update time or disable the sound on the new one.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
Higgins Storm Chasing App, is everything relating to weather, all rolled
We provide live Forecasts, Warnings and Observations... With Storm Chasing
being our passion, a strong team of 14 Administrators, will bring you
incredible photos, videos, streaming and live updates from the field.
With advanced community awareness, leading to better preparation and
understanding of weather, as your safety is our number one priority.
*Receive HSC, Official BOM and EMQ Geo targeted push notifications during
Severe Weather or Disaster events.
* Fast easy access to our live Facebook, Twitter and Website.
* View our Photo Gallery and Online Store.
* Direct Share your photos to us
* Quick link to BOM and Weatherzone weather radar and warnings.
* Direct Access to a wide range of Weather forecast tools.
Also includes a button to launch the SpotterNetwork Reports page in your cell phone browser. Authenticate once and save your cookies in the browser and it will launch into the Reports page with your GPS coordinates already filled in.
In Settings add your SpotterNetwork Spotter ID to the setting menu. Be sure to add your encoded number/characters, not your Name or Callsign.
Be sure to also get Rapid Report for Storm Chasers. The first app to provide a simple mobile interface to the new SpotterNetwork reports API. Chaser Location is the official Android client app for SpotterNetwork.
2014 All Rights Reserved - Apexice
• Maps showing real-time watches and warnings, Doppler, radar, satellite, rainfall
• Tornado alerts by county
• Live updates from Live Wire, Facebook, and Twitter
• Tornado Videos and coverage from KOCO
• Checklists, Info, and Videos to help you be prepared and stay safe
• Slideshows of compelling images and tips
• Share your storm photos, videos with u local - they may be shown on TV
It currently focuses on the area of the United States typically called Tornado Alley which currently includes Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri.
Depending on whose map you look at other states like Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, and South Dakota could claim that not so distinct honor of being part of tornado alley. Look for the addition of those states at a later date.
Features included in the App:
-Storm Spotters comments and storm photo upload
-NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
-Tornado Photos and Videos
-Photo upload to send us storm photos for our gallery
-Weather alert feeds
*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
This is the first App in the world with a Hi-Def Radar Widget, Weather Map Widget and an Earthquakes Map Widget.
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
Storms and severe weather affect everyone at some point in time around Australia.
Download and install our app to keep track of all our updates, Bureau of Meteorology warnings, photos, videos plus much more with ease all from the one place!
- Full Facebook integration to get access to our posts quickly and easily.
- Full Twitter integration to get access to our tweets quickly and easily.
- Complete warning feed from the Bureau of Meteorology. All land and marine based warning can be viewed. RSS feeds will be coming in future updates.
- Live streaming. One click that will take you to our website to see us chasing storms live for everyone to see.
- View our most recent and past photos from our chases.
- Watch videos of our past storm chases.
- Upload your own photos directly to the app and let everyone see what you captured.
Any information you get from this app are chaser opinion only (excluding warning feeds). We are in no way endorsed by the Bureau of Meteorology or any other official agencies and will not be held liable for any decisions you may make.