Please note that each chaser's video stream depends on network conditions in the field which vary dramatically during a chase. Streams will disconnect when the chaser loses wireless data coverage.
The app is still considered a beta release but we wanted to get out something your hands early so you could enjoy it this storm season. Follow @TVNweather on Twitter for updates.
-Pics, videos, and descriptions of the clues you can watch for when a tornado is imminent.
-Complete cloud chart, w/ pictures and Latin names
-Detailed explanations and descriptions
-Interactive Supercell Storm Diagram
-Live Storm/Tornado Tracking
-US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, and more!
-Live storm reports from across the US
-SPC hourly tornado forecasts
Be your own storm chasing meteorologist!
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
Higgins Storm Chasing App, is everything relating to weather, all rolled
We provide live Forecasts, Warnings and Observations... With Storm Chasing
being our passion, a strong team of 14 Administrators, will bring you
incredible photos, videos, streaming and live updates from the field.
With advanced community awareness, leading to better preparation and
understanding of weather, as your safety is our number one priority.
*Receive HSC, Official BOM and EMQ Geo targeted push notifications during
Severe Weather or Disaster events.
* Fast easy access to our live Facebook, Twitter and Website.
* View our Photo Gallery and Online Store.
* Direct Share your photos to us
* Quick link to BOM and Weatherzone weather radar and warnings.
* Direct Access to a wide range of Weather forecast tools.
If you do not want to watch commercials - disable it in the application settings.
Do you have suggestions as to the application? Write on e-mail, gladly will add new functionality.
If anyone wants to help with the translation into other languages, please contact me. It would be very nice.
To see results, scroll down the view like the website.
Thanks for translate to Russian for IDris a.k.a. MANsur, Ghost-Unit
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.
Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.
Instructions for install:
1) Go to your apps button (On KitKat and greater after long press on the homescreen you'll see widgets at the bottom of the screen.)
2) Select the Widgets tab. Long press on the SPC Widget (light blue background).
3) Drag to the area you want it on your homescreen.
4) See the config screen and choose your settings for update frequency and sounds.
5) Save and then see it on the screen.
6) Long press again to resize.
7) Long press and move to trash can to delete.
8) Repeat 1) - 6) to add again.
To get back to the config screen you have to delete your widget from the screen by dragging it to the trashcan then install a new one. Then you will see the config screen again and can set a new update time or disable the sound on the new one.
(c)2014 Apexice All Rights Reserved
*** NOT FOR THE PROTECTION OF LIFE OR PROPERTY ***
- Presets for 30 detectors across 10 countries so far
- Custom detector
- Strike age colour-coded
- Graph of strike rate
- Strikes and graph can be animated
Detector owners: see http://skywatcher.net.nz/android.htm to if you would like your detector added to the preset list.
StormEye is free, without ads!
StormEye functions by downloading data from the National Weather Service for the selected WSR-88D weather radar. The radar closest to your current location is automatically chosen; however, you can quickly switch to any of the 156 NWS WSR-88D radars across the United States. The downloaded data is then used to construct a weather radar with markers and tracks for every detected storm.
• weather radar and storm tracks overlayed on Google Maps
• radar animation
• use gestures to zoom, pan, tilt, and rotate the map
• quickly switch to any of the 156 NWS WSR-88D radars across the U.S.
• tap a storm marker for details about a storm, including:
- estimated time of arrival (ETA)
- distance and direction from your location
- heading direction and speed
- max dBZ and rain rate
- probability of hail and several hail
- max hail size
• view a list of all of the storms at the selected radar
• average storm heading arrow in the top right corner
• your choice of Google Map type to display:
• multiple weather radar types, including:
- Base Reflectivity
- Composite Reflectivity
- Base Velocity
- Storm Relative Velocity
- Storm Total Precipitation
• toggleable layers to choose what is displayed
• action bar for quick access to layers and options
• automatically finds your location using GPS or network
• manually enter your location with an address/zip code
• customize the color of the storm tracks
• customize the length of the storm tracks
• range rings around your location
• rotate the map using the compass sensor
• display warning polygons:
- Tornado Warning
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Flash Flood Warning
- Flood Warning
• reflectivity strength (dBZ) legend
• warnings legend
• supports all 50 U.S. states, Puerto Rico, and Guam
To learn more, review StormEye's internal help guide, accessible via Help on the menu.
StormEye only supports the United States because the National Weather Service is the source of the weather radar and storm data.
Please consider emailing me (email@example.com) or contacting me on Twitter (@SmithCodyD) with your issue or question before giving StormEye a 1 star rating. A good portion of the time I will be able to help you!
Storms and severe weather affect everyone at some point in time around Australia.
Download and install our app to keep track of all our updates, Bureau of Meteorology warnings, photos, videos plus much more with ease all from the one place!
- Full Facebook integration to get access to our posts quickly and easily.
- Full Twitter integration to get access to our tweets quickly and easily.
- Complete warning feed from the Bureau of Meteorology. All land and marine based warning can be viewed. RSS feeds will be coming in future updates.
- Live streaming. One click that will take you to our website to see us chasing storms live for everyone to see.
- View our most recent and past photos from our chases.
- Watch videos of our past storm chases.
- Upload your own photos directly to the app and let everyone see what you captured.
Any information you get from this app are chaser opinion only (excluding warning feeds). We are in no way endorsed by the Bureau of Meteorology or any other official agencies and will not be held liable for any decisions you may make.
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone's tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane's eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial NEXRAD weather radar on your Android smartphone or tablet.
RadarScope displays tornado, severe thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings issued by the National Weather Service. When warnings are in effect, you can tap the warning button in the upper right corner to browse the list of active warnings, select a warning to view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out on the map. Drag your finger to scroll around. Use the Options menu to select one of the 156 different radar sites, or to plot your current location. Tap the play button to download and animate over the last six radar images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Drag your finger over the color legend to see the data value associated with each color. Use a long press on a warning to read the release from the National Weather Service, or on a radar site to get detailed status information. Take screenshots directly from your device and send them via GMail or SMS. With the installation of other third-party applications, you can share your images via Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and more.
You can display Level 3 radar data from NOAA's public access web site or from your AllisonHouse subscriber account. Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
RadarScope has been tested on the following phones: Casio Commando; HTC Desire HD/Droid Incredible/Droid Incredible 2/EVO 4G/Inspire/myTouch 4G/Sensation/Thunderbolt; LG Genesis/P999/Thrill 4G/Thrive; Motorola Admiral/Atrix 4G/Droid/Droid Bionic/Droid RAZR/Droid X/Droid X2; Nexus One/S; Samsung Captivate/Droid Charge/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Galaxy S/Galaxy Nexus/Infuse 4G; ZTE Warp.
It has also been tested on the following tablets: Acer Iconia A500; Samsung Galaxy Tab; Toshiba Thrive; Motorola Xoom.
Please visit our web site for more information