Please note that each chaser's video stream depends on network conditions in the field which vary dramatically during a chase. Streams will disconnect when the chaser loses wireless data coverage.
The app is still considered a beta release but we wanted to get out something your hands early so you could enjoy it this storm season. Follow @TVNweather on Twitter for updates.
-Pics, videos, and descriptions of the clues you can watch for when a tornado is imminent.
-Complete cloud chart, w/ pictures and Latin names
-Detailed explanations and descriptions
-Interactive Supercell Storm Diagram
-Live Storm/Tornado Tracking
-US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, and more!
-Live storm reports from across the US
-SPC hourly tornado forecasts
Be your own storm chasing meteorologist!
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.
Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.
Instructions for install:
1) Go to your apps button (On KitKat and greater after long press on the homescreen you'll see widgets at the bottom of the screen.)
2) Select the Widgets tab. Long press on the SPC Widget (light blue background).
3) Drag to the area you want it on your homescreen.
4) See the config screen and choose your settings for update frequency and sounds.
5) Save and then see it on the screen.
6) Long press again to resize.
7) Long press and move to trash can to delete.
8) Repeat 1) - 6) to add again.
To get back to the config screen you have to delete your widget from the screen by dragging it to the trashcan then install a new one. Then you will see the config screen again and can set a new update time or disable the sound on the new one.
(c)2014 Apexice All Rights Reserved
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
Higgins Storm Chasing App, is everything relating to weather, all rolled
We provide live Forecasts, Warnings and Observations... With Storm Chasing
being our passion, a strong team of 14 Administrators, will bring you
incredible photos, videos, streaming and live updates from the field.
With advanced community awareness, leading to better preparation and
understanding of weather, as your safety is our number one priority.
*Receive HSC, Official BOM and EMQ Geo targeted push notifications during
Severe Weather or Disaster events.
* Fast easy access to our live Facebook, Twitter and Website.
* View our Photo Gallery and Online Store.
* Direct Share your photos to us
* Quick link to BOM and Weatherzone weather radar and warnings.
* Direct Access to a wide range of Weather forecast tools.
StormEye is free, without ads!
StormEye functions by downloading data from the National Weather Service for the selected WSR-88D weather radar. The radar closest to your current location is automatically chosen; however, you can quickly switch to any of the 156 NWS WSR-88D radars across the United States. The downloaded data is then used to construct a weather radar with markers and tracks for every detected storm.
• weather radar and storm tracks overlayed on Google Maps
• radar animation
• use gestures to zoom, pan, tilt, and rotate the map
• quickly switch to any of the 156 NWS WSR-88D radars across the U.S.
• tap a storm marker for details about a storm, including:
- estimated time of arrival (ETA)
- distance and direction from your location
- heading direction and speed
- max dBZ and rain rate
- probability of hail and several hail
- max hail size
• view a list of all of the storms at the selected radar
• average storm heading arrow in the top right corner
• your choice of Google Map type to display:
• multiple weather radar types, including:
- Base Reflectivity
- Composite Reflectivity
- Base Velocity
- Storm Relative Velocity
- Storm Total Precipitation
• toggleable layers to choose what is displayed
• action bar for quick access to layers and options
• automatically finds your location using GPS or network
• manually enter your location with an address/zip code
• customize the color of the storm tracks
• customize the length of the storm tracks
• range rings around your location
• rotate the map using the compass sensor
• display warning polygons:
- Tornado Warning
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Flash Flood Warning
- Flood Warning
• reflectivity strength (dBZ) legend
• warnings legend
• supports all 50 U.S. states, Puerto Rico, and Guam
To learn more, review StormEye's internal help guide, accessible via Help on the menu.
StormEye only supports the United States because the National Weather Service is the source of the weather radar and storm data.
Please consider emailing me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contacting me on Twitter (@SmithCodyD) with your issue or question before giving StormEye a 1 star rating. A good portion of the time I will be able to help you!
**On of the "Best New Android Apps From The Last 3 Weeks" (2/23/13 - 3/12/13)**
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Copyright © 2013-2014 The American National Red Cross
Radar Alive! is suitable for storm chasers, professional meteorologists, emergency personnel, SKYWARN spotters and weather enthusiasts. It has a wide selection of US radar products (image types). NWS severe weather warnings are displayed along with a customizable low clutter map with cities, roads, counties and states. The display is suitable for both phones and tablets.
Choose from a complete menu of radar products at multiple tilt angles, including composite and base reflectivity, base and storm relative velocity, VIL, hydrometeor classification (type of precipitation) and others. Spot tornadoes with the velocity and base reflectivity plots; view warning boxes and warning text; dodge hail with the hydrometeor classification display.
Radar Alive!'s precision images are generated from NOAA's NEXRAD Level III binary data (NWS weather radar). Carefully simplified maps minimize clutter on the radar display.
With an AllisonHouse subscription, you get an alternate source of radar data, along with new products including lightning, watches, local storm reports, and SPC Day 1 convective outlook
The serious user will appreciate advanced features, such as smart GPS usage to conserve battery power; network bandwidth conservation; and, maps optimized for weather radars.
A full Spotter Network client is included. It can display the positions of active Spotter Network users. You can use it to automatically report your position to Spotter Network, and to make reports of weather events. When the main app is not in use, it can run in the background, where it can be controlled from an icon in the notification bar of the device.
Radar Alive! was written by a dedicated storm chaser for the serious meteorological user.
Extensive help is available within the app. If you experience problems, or to learn how to best use Radar Alive Pro, use the menu button to select the help pages or ask for advice or support on the supplied form.
Support is also available by email, and suggestions are welcome.
More information is available at the developer's web site at http://www.radaralive.com/">developer's web site.
★ The Most Live and Hourly Forecasts
Just Some of Our Top Features:
✓ AUTOMATIC Station Updates
✓ Huge Selection of NOAA Radio Stations
✓ 180+ Stations Being Broadcasted
✓ Background Playing Audio Support
✓ High-Res Retina Display Graphics
✓ Clean and Professional Design
✓ One Time Purchase for Life
Don't get caught without a weather radio. When severe weather strikes this information is priceless.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the NOAA brand or organization. This application should not be used in life or death situations. These streams can be delayed depending on network traffic and connection speed. In the event of a real emergency please use local TV stations or a local NOAA weather radio. Some city listings may use NOAA broadcasts that are from surrounding cities. Do not rely on the broadcasts from this application for life or death decisions.
No need to carry a ruler or other objects to photograph and record hail. Report accurately to the NWS and eliminates guessing. Use Rapid Report to photograph and upload your report to the NWS, Facebook and Twitter.
Sizes included in chart are:
0.25" (Pea) Size Hail
0.75" (Penny) Size Hail
0.88" (Nickel) Size Hail
1.00" (Quarter) Size Hail
1.25" (Half Dollar) Size Hail
1.50" (Walnut) Size Hail
1.75" (Golf Ball) Size Hail
2.00" (Hen Egg) Size Hail
2.50" (Tennis Ball) Size Hail
2.75" (Baseball) Size Hail
3.00" (Tea Cup) Size Hail
4.00" (Grapefruit) Size Hail
4.50" (Softball) Size Hail
Some users have reported inaccuracies in the ruler scales on the image.
To overcome this use the Calibrate Button in the upper left. Have a real ruler on hand for a one-time setup.
Your settings will be saved from each use so you don't have to redo the calibration each time.
If the ruler dimensions on the display are not matching up to a real ruler do the following:
1) Hold a ruler up to the scale and note if the image is larger or smaller than the ruler.
2) Press Calibrate
3) Pinch the image larger or smaller as needed.
4) Press Save
5) Check again with the ruler. If still off repeat steps 1 - 4
*****************STAY SAFE FOR JUST A BUCK!*****************
**Throw us a facebook like
•Access to FOX 5 content specifically for our mobile users.
•An interactive map optimized for both in-network (3G/4G/LTE) and WIFI performance
•250 meter radar, the highest resolution available.
•Future radar to see where severe weather is headed.
•Regional lightning data.
•High resolution satellite cloud imagery.
•Current weather updated multiple times per hour.
•Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models.
•Ability to add and save your favorite locations.
•A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness.
•Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service.
•Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather.