Please note that each chaser's video stream depends on network conditions in the field which vary dramatically during a chase. Streams will disconnect when the chaser loses wireless data coverage.
The app is still considered a beta release but we wanted to get out something your hands early so you could enjoy it this storm season. Follow @TVNweather on Twitter for updates.
StormEye is free, without ads!
StormEye functions by downloading data from the National Weather Service for the selected WSR-88D weather radar. The radar closest to your current location is automatically chosen; however, you can quickly switch to any of the 156 NWS WSR-88D radars across the United States. The downloaded data is then used to construct a weather radar with markers and tracks for every detected storm.
• weather radar and storm tracks overlayed on Google Maps
• radar animation
• use gestures to zoom, pan, tilt, and rotate the map
• quickly switch to any of the 156 NWS WSR-88D radars across the U.S.
• tap a storm marker for details about a storm, including:
- estimated time of arrival (ETA)
- distance and direction from your location
- heading direction and speed
- max dBZ and rain rate
- probability of hail and several hail
- max hail size
• view a list of all of the storms at the selected radar
• average storm heading arrow in the top right corner
• your choice of Google Map type to display:
• multiple weather radar types, including:
- Base Reflectivity
- Composite Reflectivity
- Base Velocity
- Storm Relative Velocity
- Storm Total Precipitation
• toggleable layers to choose what is displayed
• action bar for quick access to layers and options
• automatically finds your location using GPS or network
• manually enter your location with an address/zip code
• customize the color of the storm tracks
• customize the length of the storm tracks
• range rings around your location
• rotate the map using the compass sensor
• display warning polygons:
- Tornado Warning
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Flash Flood Warning
- Flood Warning
• reflectivity strength (dBZ) legend
• warnings legend
• supports all 50 U.S. states, Puerto Rico, and Guam
To learn more, review StormEye's internal help guide, accessible via Help on the menu.
StormEye only supports the United States because the National Weather Service is the source of the weather radar and storm data.
Please consider emailing me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contacting me on Twitter (@SmithCodyD) with your issue or question before giving StormEye a 1 star rating. A good portion of the time I will be able to help you!
Press on any image to go the SPC webpage for more details.
Settings include options to update every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, every hour, twice a day or once a day. Hit the Refresh button on the widget at anytime to see an instant update of the most current information. Play a sound at every update (veteran chasers will recognize this sound!) or uncheck sounds.
Instructions for install:
1) Go to your apps button (On KitKat and greater after long press on the homescreen you'll see widgets at the bottom of the screen.)
2) Select the Widgets tab. Long press on the SPC Widget (light blue background).
3) Drag to the area you want it on your homescreen.
4) See the config screen and choose your settings for update frequency and sounds.
5) Save and then see it on the screen.
6) Long press again to resize.
7) Long press and move to trash can to delete.
8) Repeat 1) - 6) to add again.
To get back to the config screen you have to delete your widget from the screen by dragging it to the trashcan then install a new one. Then you will see the config screen again and can set a new update time or disable the sound on the new one.
(c)2014 Apexice All Rights Reserved
-Pics, videos, and descriptions of the clues you can watch for when a tornado is imminent.
-Complete cloud chart, w/ pictures and Latin names
-Detailed explanations and descriptions
-Interactive Supercell Storm Diagram
-Live Storm/Tornado Tracking
-US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, and more!
-Live storm reports from across the US
-SPC hourly tornado forecasts
Be your own storm chasing meteorologist!
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
• User controllable alerts - Allow the selection of all alerts or just critical alerts
• Single activity scrolling menu
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Most other apps and sources still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
* Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
* "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
Additional features include:
* Get NOAA alerts no matter where you are in the United States.
* See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks from the National Weather Service (NWC).
* See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching between map overlays.
* Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
* Voice alerts can wake you in the middle of the night or give you information when you can't stop to look at your phone.
* School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
* Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in Scripps TV markets, listed below. Due to compatibility issues in older version of the Android OS, Live Video is only available for Android 4.0 and above.)
* Current Conditions, 7-Day Forecast, and Hourly Forecasts
* View weather photos and submit your own weather photos (available for Scripps television and newspaper markets).
* Share a view of your map screen to let friends and family know where severe weather is happening, especially if it affects their location.
* Storm Shield is designed to make a negligible impact on your battery.
* Turn off Location Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
* You can throttle up or down Storm Shield's Location Tracking to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo.
Get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Visit our support page for FAQs.
**On of the "Best New Android Apps From The Last 3 Weeks" (2/23/13 - 3/12/13)**
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Copyright © 2013-2014 The American National Red Cross
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone's tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane's eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial NEXRAD weather radar on your Android smartphone or tablet.
RadarScope displays tornado, severe thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings issued by the National Weather Service. When warnings are in effect, you can tap the warning button in the upper right corner to browse the list of active warnings, select a warning to view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out on the map. Drag your finger to scroll around. Use the Options menu to select one of the 156 different radar sites, or to plot your current location. Tap the play button to download and animate over the last six radar images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Drag your finger over the color legend to see the data value associated with each color. Use a long press on a warning to read the release from the National Weather Service, or on a radar site to get detailed status information. Take screenshots directly from your device and send them via GMail or SMS. With the installation of other third-party applications, you can share your images via Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and more.
You can display Level 3 radar data from NOAA's public access web site or from your AllisonHouse subscriber account. Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
RadarScope has been tested on the following phones: Casio Commando; HTC Desire HD/Droid Incredible/Droid Incredible 2/EVO 4G/Inspire/myTouch 4G/Sensation/Thunderbolt; LG Genesis/P999/Thrill 4G/Thrive; Motorola Admiral/Atrix 4G/Droid/Droid Bionic/Droid RAZR/Droid X/Droid X2; Nexus One/S; Samsung Captivate/Droid Charge/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Galaxy S/Galaxy Nexus/Infuse 4G; ZTE Warp.
It has also been tested on the following tablets: Acer Iconia A500; Samsung Galaxy Tab; Toshiba Thrive; Motorola Xoom.
Please visit our web site for more information
Plus bookmark unlimited locations on the map to quickly do a radar + forecast check for all your important places.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Sharp images
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
✓ Hurricane and Tropical Storm Forecast Tracks with detailed information
✓ Severe weather warning boxes on the map with full detail
✓ Lightning strikes on the map within a few minutes of the actual strike!
✓ Storm Track arrows with detailed storm information including hail probability.
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
✓ Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
✓ Select opacity of radar images to your taste
✓ Portrait/Landscape/Full Screen
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
✓ This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar for news and updates.
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Beta Channel (for newest features)
The App delivers personally hand written weather forecasts and videos to QLD and Northern NSW with plans to further expand in the future. Our Geo targeted push notifications of warnings and forecasts a key feature which are sent directly to your phone before and during significant weather events.
Other features include direct access to our Facebook, Website, YouTube Channel,Share Photos, Report Storm, Weather Education, Weather Safety, Giveaway competitions and more...
Quick link access to Radars, Official Warnings, Rain forecasts and more with ongoing content being sourced and added.
Weather is our passion, community safety is our priority so help support the HSC team today by purchasing our App. Reviews, suggestions and requests welcome. “
Use RadarNow! to quickly see an animated radar image and current conditions! No digging through menus to see if a storm is on the way!
RadarNow! provides National Weather Service (NWS) Enhanced Radar "Base" (N0R) images from the NOAA WSR-88D NEXRAD Radar sites located around the US. Radar images are downloaded directly from NWS servers so are always the most current available. When you start the app, the radar images are from the site closest to your location.
Now on iTunes! Get RadarNow! for your iPad and iPhone.
NWS Alerts included with the free mode starting in v4.0. Only alerts issued to the your current county are sent and the alerts can be filtered so only the ones that interest you are used.
RadarNow! is a free download with access to Premium features. Use the FREE Standard version to monitor your local radar and receive NWS Alerts or choose to upgrade through the app to Premium if you want to activate the enhanced features. You may try the premium features with our free 5 day trial or purchase premium access for $5.99 for a "RadarNow! Lifetime" pass.
The 5 day free trial gives you free access to the premium features. Once the 5 day trial has passed, the app reverts back to the free "standard" mode. You will not be charged to use the free trial under any circumstances.
RadarNow! is designed to be fast, efficient and have great free options. If you want a full featured weather app that shows things like ski conditions or tide reports, we suggest using WeatherBug or Weather Channel. RadarNow! Standard (Free) provides animated radar, local conditions and NWS Alerts centered on your current location. Radar Now! Premium provides more zoom levels, range rings, selectable locations and a pannable map of the continental US with a looping weather radar.
RadarNow! uses US radars only, therefore is active for entire U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and areas of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean that border the U.S.
Please use the "Contact us" form inside RadarNow! (menu-setting-contact us) if you encounter a problem or have a suggestion for improvement.
We value your input! It was suggestions and constructive critiques from users just like you that led to the new, improved RadarNow!.
This new version of RadarNow! was created by USNaviguide in cooperation with Mighty Pocket.
Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States and Canada by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar, cloud cover, precipitation & pressure imagery over Google Maps
-Map measuring tool to measure distance and elevation
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Light and dark Material themes
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With severe weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 100,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio