This app is currently in BETA, and I need your help to make it better! If you have any suggestions or bugs to report, please let me know by sending me an email. I rarely check feedback so leaving negative reviews does not help me.
- Search by title or find by page number
- Pinch to zoom in or out
- Swipe left or right to browse through the songs
- View with musical notation or just as text
- Listen to the song, with or without voice accompaniment
- More features are on the way
This app requires two permissions for music playback; it requires internet permissions to stream the music from lds.org, and it needs the READ_PHONE_STATE permission to pause/resume music in event of a phone call.
Gives instruction on how to perform LDS Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings. The source of this information comes from Handbook 2: Administering the Church and can be found on www.LDS.org.
The following ordinances are covered:
1. Anointing with Oil
2. Sealing the Anointing
3. Consecrating Oil
4. Conferring the Priesthood and Ordaining to an Office
5. Setting Apart Officers and Teachers
6. Father’s Blessings and Other Blessings of Comfort and Counsel
7. Naming and Blessing Children
11. Dedicating Homes
12. Dedicating Graves
Added Google Analytics to increase performance.
Using Google Analytics and user feedback, made the following improvements. Crash associated with Share button press corrected. Gave users more flexibility to Share with Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Scripture references actively linked with LDS.org.
Significantly updated wording of application to reflect changes shown in Handbook 2: Administering the Church. Added instruction for dedicating a house. This app has now be translated into Spanish, special thanks to Brother Leebert.
Minor modifications to language to more closely match LDS.org. Added section for blessing (general instructions) and a section on setting apart officers/teachers.
Allow users to long-click an Ordinance to move it up or down.
Allow users to re-size ordinance text and other minor updates.
Quotes from your favorite Apostles on topics including:
- And many more.
- Save your favorite quotes for easy access!
- Submit a inspirational message, we'll review it and feed it back down to the app.
- Re sizable widgets (available for devices with Android 3.0+)
- Lock screen widget (available for devices with Android 4.2+)
- Ability to share quotes with Friends,
- Save your favorite quotes for easy access!
- Submit an inspirational message, we'll review it and feed it back down to the app.
- Select from a great selection of beautiful Temple wallpapers!
**NOTE do to Facebook restrictions with their API the sharing feature to Facebook does not currently function properly.
When you download the app and login to your DeseretBook.com account, you will instantly receive 8 free classic LDS titles for your library as well as a copy of the Standard Works. Free titles include: Jesus the Christ,Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Discourses of Brigham Young, Lectures on Faith, History of Joseph Smith by His Mother, The Miracle of Forgiveness, Gospel Doctrine, Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt.
The free titles plus the Standard Works require a one-time download after the app is installed. After you register or log in using your DeseretBook.com account, the free books should automatically start synchronizing with your device.
LDSScriptures.com continues to be the leading innovator in Scripture study tools. Thanks to everyone for making this the highest rated, most favorite, most recommended, most innovative, and best LDS Scriptures app!
Tons of content, including 30+ years of General Conference talks back to 1971, Hymns & Manuals!
Install on your device or an SD Card (make sure you have 200 MB available and that it is writable).
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES NO OTHER SCRIPTURES APP HAS:
✔ Citations feature to discover talks, manuals, resources referencing a verse
✔ Multiple pages (switch between multiple places in the Scriptures quickly)
✔ Automated Syncing and Backup
✔ Export/Download your Markings anytime
✔ Listen to Scriptures (streaming)
✔ Listen to General Conference (streaming)
✔ Gospel Art Kit
✔ Custom Cross References
✔ Syncs with Desktop Scriptures app for Windows and Mac! (See LDSScriptures.com for details)
✔ Church Handbook 2 included with links between sections!
✔ PDF Library
✔ Lifetime Money-back guarantee!
✔ Highlighting - phrase/word highlighting in 8 colors!
✔ Bookmark Folders (using Tags)
✔ Notes (show in-line, auto linked references)
✔ Footnotes, Cross-References
✔ Night Reading Mode
✔ My Content - add your own content!
✔ Yanceyware book support - upload or download from 100s of titles!
Complete Standard Works (ch. headings, footnotes, & streaming audio!):
✔ Old and New Testament
✔ Book of Mormon
✔ Doctrine and Covenants
✔ Pearl of Great Price
✔ Joseph Smith Translation
✔ Bible Dictionary
✔ Topical Guide
✔ Guide to the Scriptures
✔ Triple Comb. Index
✔ Hymns (Includes notes!)
✔ Children's Song Book (Text)
✔ Gospel Principles (Latest version)
✔ Book of Mormon Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ New Testament Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ Old Testament Teacher's Manual & Member Study Guide
✔ Preparing for Exaltation
✔ Preach My Gospel
✔ Aaronic Priesthood Manuals
✔ Duty to God
✔ YW Manuals
✔ Marriage & Family Relations Manuals
✔ Temple Prep Manual
✔ Addiction Recovery Manual
✔ D&C, BofM Student & Teacher Manuals
✔ Our Heritage
✔ Church Handbook 2
✔ General Conference Talks (from 1997-present) with streaming audio!
✔ Scripture Mastery
✔ Priesthood Ordinances
✔ True to the Faith
✔ Quotes, 100+ Topics
✔ Lectures on Faith
✔ Family Proclamation, Living Christ
✔ For the Strength of Youth
✔ US Constitution, Decl. of Independence (Exclusive!)
✔ 100s of Yanceyware titles or upload your own!
Content is copyright Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
● ENGLISH TEXT
● ENGLISH VOICE OUTPUT
The standard works of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) are the four books that currently constitute its open scriptural canon, due to the LDS belief in continuous revelation.
● The Holy Bible (King James version)
● The Book of Mormon, subtitled since 1981"Another Testament of Jesus Christ"
● The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
● The Pearl of Great Price (containing the Book of Moses, the Book of Abraham, Joseph Smith-Matthew and Joseph Smith-History)
+ The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
The standard works are printed and distributed by the LDS Church in a single binding called a quadruple combination and as a set of two books, with the Bible in one binding, and the other three books in a second binding called a triple combination. Current editions of the standard works include a Bible dictionary, photographs, maps and gazetteer, topical guide, index, footnotes, cross references, excerpts from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible (JST), and other study aids.
Under the LDS Church's doctrine of continuing revelation, Latter-day Saints believe literally in the principle of revelation from God to his children. Individual members are entitled to divine revelation for confirmation of truths, gaining knowledge or wisdom, meeting personal challenges, and so forth. Parents are entitled to revelation for raising their families.
Divine revelation for the direction of the entire church comes from God to the President of the Church, who is viewed by Latter-day Saints as a prophet in the same sense as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Peter, and other biblical leaders. When prophets and general authorities of the church speak as "moved upon by the Holy Ghost", it "shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation." Members are encouraged to ponder these revelations and pray to determine for themselves the truthfulness of doctrine.
Themes: joseph smith translation of the holy bible, jst, religion, joseph smith jr., mormonism, mormons, mormon, the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints, latter day saints, lds scriptures, lds scripts, church, temple, doctrine and covenants, d&c, standard works
This app is available as a FREE and a PRO version. The FREE edition includes ads which finance the development while the PRO edition is completely ad-free. Apart from that both versions are equal. You can first check out the FREE edition without any risk in order to to see if you like the app. If the ads annoy you or you just want to support this app's development, you can easily upgrade to the PRO edition.
Standalone software - no need for an eBook reader like Aldiko, Kindle, RepliGo, BeamReader, Laputa, Moon+, FBReader, iSilo etc.
Just install it and enjoy reading or listening.
● Daylight & nighttime colors
● Voice output (text to speech, TextToSpeech)
● Move to SD card
● Clickable table of contents
● English and German program language
● Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
● Fullscreen images on/off by long click
● Options menu
+ Help page
+ Settings page
- Text color
- Background color
- Text size
- Text padding
+ Link to all iwpSoftware apps in Android Market
+ Go to bookmark
+ Set bookmark
+ Set current image as wallpaper
+ Link to image/item/description
Do you like this app?
Please rate it!
Your feedback via e-mail is welcome!
If you meet problems or feel the need of some features you consider important, please contact us via e-mail before leaving a bad review.
All 2012 Manuals and Apr. 2012 General Conference now included! LDS Scriptures app contains the most comprehensive scripture library ever made available on a mobile device. It contains the entire scriptures, all manuals, hymns, resources and study guides - you can even download thousands of additional items into the app. 100% money-back guarantee!
This app contains many features not found in other apps such as: TrueTabs (real tabs, not limited multi-page versions like in other apps), fast navigation, multi-scrolling text, hierarchical bookmarks, inline notes, custom footnotes and cross-references, exact location histories, shareable content, and much more!
Content includes the entire LDS Standard Works, all core-curriculum manuals, and manuals for optional courses, leaders, and the family. Song books (hymns and children's), study resources, and other guides are also included. And for your convenience, every scriptural reference is already linked.
Thousands of additional resources can be downloaded from LDSScripturesApp.com.
• NEW! TrueTabs - Open as many tabs as you want!
• Audio/Video support for scriptures, hymns, and General Conference talks
• Handbook 2, New Testament manuals, Duty to God, Personal Progress
• Money-back guarantee
• ePub format support
• Automatically download magazine issues each month
• Load virtually any of your own content into the app
• Very fast verse locator
• Verse tagging (assign unlimited number of tags to each verse/paragraph - Faith, Lesson 5, etc.)
• Auto-scrolling text
• Advanced highlighting (24 total colors, underline, bold, italic; words, phrases, and entire verses)
• Advanced bookmarks (organize into subfolders, update, rename, copy, paste)
• Advanced notes (see notes in-line while reading, icon)
• Advanced history (restores you to the exact location in a chapter)
• Fast Search that takes you to the exact verse
• Advanced footnotes and cross-references (create your own!)
• Drill-down through as many layers of verses and cross-references as you want
• Backup/restore personal data
• Landscape reading mode
• Customize colors, font, margins and alignment
Entire Standard Works (all content, footnotes, etc.):
• Old Testament
• New Testament
• Book of Mormon
• Doctrine & Covenants
• Pearl of Great Price
• Joseph Smith Translation
• Bible Dictionary
• Topical Guide
• Guide to the Scriptures
• Index to the Triple Combination
• Hymns (sort by name or number, text only)
• Children's Songbook (sort by name or page, text only)
Manuals & Guides:
• Gospel Principles (2012, w/ page #s)
• Preach My Gospel
• Young Women (w/resource guide)
• Aaronic Priesthood (w/resource guide)
• Presidents of the Church
• Teacher's Manuals (OT, NT, BM, D&C)
• Study Guides (OT, NT, BM, D&C)
• Preparing for Exaltation
• Our Heritage
• Teachings: Joseph Smith
• Preparing for Exaltation
• Gospel Principles
• Gospel Fundamentals
• Marriage and Family Relations (w/study guide)
• Temple Preparation (w/guide)
• The LDS Woman A&B
• Duties of the Priesthood A&B
• Duty To God (Deacon, Teacher, Priest)
• Young Women Personal Progress
• Church Handbook 2
• General Conference for 2009 - 2012
• LDS Gems, Inspiration Quotes (over 150 topics)
• Faith in God (Girls & Boys)
• Aaronic Priesthood (Deacon, Teacher & Priest)
• Young Women Personal Progress
• For the Strength of Youth
• True to the Faith
• Guidebook for Parents and Leaders of Youth
• Priesthood and Auxiliary Leaders' Guidebook
• Family Guidebook
• Strengthening Marriage
• Strengthening the Family
• Addiction Recovery Program
• Teaching, No Greater Call
• Family Proclamation
• The Living Christ
• Lectures on Faith
LDS Gospel Library, Deseret Bookshelf, LDS Tools, LDS Apps, LDS Hymns
The Living Christ
The Family: A Proclamation to the World
The Articles of Faith
Upon request, more things can be added.
Keywords: LDS, Mormon, Jesus Chris
Includes tunes for each hymn, lyrics search, and number entry taking you straight to the hymn you are looking for.
ONLINE and other versions:
BUG REPORTS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve.
I cannot fix them if I do not know they exist!
- 465 hymns
- approximately 600 audio tunes (Internet access required)
- Lyrics search (case and punctuation insensitive, search terms highlighted)
- Search by meter
- Zoom functionality
- Night mode display option
- Easy number entry
- Alphabetical index of first lines
- Listing by number
- Show hymns by category
- Browse all hymns
- No ads
- Installs to SD
- Bookmark songs
- History of viewed songs (for that session)
- Song starter notes and additional tune options
- Hymn authors and author search
- Add custom notes to each hymn
- Meter quick-list to get a tune in an emergency
INSTRUCTIONS are now found within the app (? button)
More from developer
*Maps are included in app no internet connection needed!
*App to SD is supported for Android 2.2 and above
*Crystal Clear PDF's optimized to fit your screen perfectly
*A PDF reader such as Adobe Reader is required to view the hymns.
*Support an aspiring LDS developer
If you need help please contact me for support. Leaving a bad review does not help me or you.
Non Android deviceswith custom roms such as the Nook Color or HP Touchpad are not supported at this time.