The Swiss army knife of encrypted communications and encrypted local note files.
This app allow people to communicate in private without using a 3rd party servers or services.
Use public sites such as twitter and facebook to paste your encrypted messages.
Has feature such as GPS share where you can insert your current GPS location and share it encrypted, the receiving party will receive a URL to Google maps showing the location. Built in canned messages as well.
We welcome feature suggestions for upcoming versions.
The only limitation of this trial version is that it allows you to send 50 messages.
BE SECURE. REMAIN PRIVATE. KEEP THEM CONFUSED.
**** WHY USE BABEL: ****
• CROSS-PLATFORM: Unlike some other message encryption apps, you can use BABEL to exchange messages with users on other platforms
• PRIVATE: Thanks to End-to-End encryption, no third party or central server is involved in transmissions – you don’t need to trust anyone but your counterpart (contact).
• SECURE: NSA-grade encryption powers. Besides message encryption over the air, they are encrypted also in the device itself, in case your phone is lost or stolen - your messages and privacy remains safe and untouched.
• ENCRYPTED: BABEL uses proven and standard algorithms for strong cryptography - AES for end-to-end message encryption and Diffie-Hellman for cryptographic keys agreement
• SIMPLE: No data connection is required, BABEL uses standard messaging service (SMS).
• EASY: Easy to use and intuitive user interface – once keys between you and your contact are exchanged, you are able to instantly send and receive encrypted messages (takes about a minute to get started)
**** TECHNICAL DETAILS: ****
• No data connection is required, encrypted messages are sent through standard SMS (text service).
• Diffie-Hellman algorithm is used for the initial key exchange between the two parties.
• Outgoing messages are encrypted using AES symmetric cipher with a key length of 128 bits.
• Each message is encrypted with a different random key.
• End-to-end encryption - message is encrypted at its starting point and decrypted it at its destination.
Messages are encrypted not only during transmission but also in the phone memory. Secret keys are never sent from the device in plain text, which means that all communication, including key agreement, can be intercepted without any fear or risk of potential decryption. BABEL users don't have to remember any new one-time-passwords, keys, or buy and use digital certificates. BABEL is simple and intuitive.
Your feedback is much appreciated! Please, if you have any questions, concerns or ideas how to make our app better, get in touch with us via:
or follow us on twitter:
* more secure random number
* fix multi-select in recipient list
NOTE: Internet permissions are ONLY used for key server queries. I didn't like the idea of APG requesting those permissions either, but it is open source and the code shows that it doesn't use those permissions for anything else.
* manage secret/public keys (eg. GPG/PGP)
* encrypt/sign/decrypt/verify emails and files
* some integration into GMail accounts on the phone
* integration with K9
* HKP Keyserver support
* basic key creation and editing possible (beta)
* Intent API for other apps
Note: Internet permission is now needed because of the key server support.
Please rate it and suggest features you want.
Currently it is limited to standard english characters. The next version is set to include non-English characters.
Please check my website for updates, and/or other apps. There is also a desktop version of this app, available on the website.
WANT ACCESS TO LATEST BETA's? JOIN OUR G+ COMMUNITY HERE:
Free unlimited, encrypted and private messaging with your friends over Google Talk/Hangouts, Facebook Chat, Dukgo, Jabber & more! Works with Android, iPhone, Mac, Linux or PC.
ATTN FACEBOOK USERS: Please choose XMPP account type and use your Facebook "Email Address" as your username.
PC Mag “100 Best Android Apps of 2013.”
★ UNBEATABLE PRIVACY: We keep your messages 100% private using state of the art Off-The-Record (OTR) encryption. Your conversations cannot be logged or intercepted by anyone. NOTE: These security measures only apply when your friend also uses ChatSecure, or uses a compatible OTR client like Xabber, Jitsi, Adium or Pidgin.
★ NO SNOOPING: Your connection is encrypted so nobody can spy on your conversation. And the messages aren't even kept in system memory for any prying apps to find.
★ FULL LOCAL ENCRYPTION: All contacts, messages and account data are fully encrypted on your device, and protected by an optional password.
★ COMPLETELY FREE, UNLIMITED MESSAGING: No charges, ever. Chat all day with your friends across the street or across the ocean.
★ CHAT WITH ANYONE, ANYWHERE: Chat with your friends on Google Chat (GChat), Facebook Chat, VKontakte, Yandex, Hyves, Odnoklassniki, StudiVZ, Livejournal, Jabber, and more!
★ WORKS ON EVERY PLATFORM: Android with ChatSecure, iPhone with ChatSecure, Mac with Adium, Linux with Jitsi, Windows with Pidgin, and more!
★ FUN BUILT-IN: Multiple themes are included and you can create your own custom wallpapers. Your friends get cute personal icons too!
★ CHAT THAT CAN’T BE BLOCKED: Use ChatSecure with our privacy plugin Orbot to bypass almost all firewalls, network restrictions and blacklists. Get the Orbot plugin, powered by Tor: http://goo.gl/lpnda
★ CHAT ON ANY SCREEN: ChatSecure is designed to be beautiful on any Android phone, tablet, or phablet.
★ AD-FREE: We want your love, not your money.
★ EASY TUTORIAL: ChatSecure is easy to use. Click here for a quick, interactive walkthrough: https://guardianproject.info/howto/chatsecurely
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE: ChatSecure is available for friends who speak:
Arabic (العربية), Chinese (中文简体), Czech (Čeština), Danish (Dansk), Dutch (Nederlands), English, Esperanto, Farsi (فارسی), French (Français), German (Deutsch), Greek (Ελληνικά), Hungarian (Magyar Nyelv), Italian (Italiano), Japanese (日本語) Korean (조선말), Norwegian (Norsk), Portuguese (Português), Russian (Русский), Spanish (Español), Slovak (Slovenčina), Swedish (Svensk), Tibetan (བོད་སྐད།), Turkish (Türkçe), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).
Don’t see your language? Join us and help translate the app: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gibberbot
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow.
★ OUR WEBSITE: GuardianProject.info
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject
★ OPEN-SOURCE: ChatSecure is free software. You can take a look at our source code, or join the community to help make ChatSecure even better: https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot
★ MESSAGE US: Are we missing your favorite feature? Found an annoying bug? Please tell us! We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guardian Project makes apps that are designed to protect your security and anonymity. The protocols that we use are widely regarded as the state of the art in security technology. While we are constantly upgrading our software to combat the latest threats and eliminate bugs, no technology is 100% foolproof. For maximum security and anonymity users must utilize best practices to keep themselves safe. You can find a good introductory guide to these topics at https://securityinabox.org
Remember to read the help text, as it contains instructions for usage. Please contact the developer if you have any requests or encounter a bug.
jCryptor is a module for manually data encryption and decryption. Application implements the idea of the Symmetric-key cryptography.
WARNING: This is experimental software. Use it at your own risk.
Users must exchange their public keys (export identity: using QR code or URL) before communication.
Uses RSA and EC public key cryptography to initialize communication between two parties. After initialization, cascade cipher (Serpent, AES, Twofish) is used to encrypt messages. ECDH derived keys are used to enable forward secrecy.
Each user sends 4 SMS to initialize session keys. Next messages are approximatelly twice the size of plaintext (random padding). Each message is split in up to 9 SMS.
Source code is available at https://github.com/mihapirnat/gentiandroid - please help test and improve this product.
Uses SpongyCastle, ZXing.
Key Features of mySecureMail Free
- No banner ads,
- Automatic setup for the most popular email accounts (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc)
- Supported mail protocols: SMTP, POP3, IMAP and Exchange ActiveSync (30 days trial period)
- Instant notification for incoming email through push mail (IMAP IDLE) for servers that support it (eg, Gmail, GMX, etc.)
- Folders synchronization: Draft, Sent, Trash and user-created folders (IMAP)
- Full support for attachments (send, receive, open, save on the SD card)
- Email search – locally on the phone (off-line) and remotely on the mail server (on-line)
- Security: TLS and SSL support
- Modern and intuitive interface
- Many settings available to customize the client and the individual mail accounts for your own needs and preferences
- Widgets (shortcuts to email accounts)
- Great performance
- Extensive help and tutorials are available in the application
- And much more
mySecureMail with cryptographic features enabled
Once a license Is purchased, additional cryptographic features responsible for encryption and digital signature of emails (based on S/MIME, PKI [Public-Key Infrastructure] and PKCS standards) become available. This allows you to send secure messages and uniquely identify and verify both the sender and the recipient of signed messages sent.
E-mails encrypted by the sender can be read only by the addressee because only he has a unique private key, a certificate, and a password needed to decrypt them.
my Secure Mail is integrated with one of the world's widely recognized Certification Authority (CA). As a result, X.509 certificates used to verify the message signature or to encrypt email messages can be generated directly from the application in a few clicks.
mySecureMail can protect your privacy against PRISM! Note: PRISM is a large-scale, top-secret, electronic surveillance program run by the NSA, which monitors and collects e-mails, phone calls, messages, etc.
Key Features of mySecureMail with cryptographic features enabled
- Encryption of sent emails (3DES, AES)
- Email signing using electronic signature (SHA, RSA)
- Ability to import existing third-party user certificates
- Verification of certificates performed on-line by the OCSP
- Easy exchange of certificates between users via a dedicated repository
- Compatible with other SMIME clients (Thunderbird, Outlook etc)
- Certificates are extracted automatically from e-mails (.cer, .p12, .pfx etc)
- Signing, encryption and decryption of emails is protected by a password
English, Polish, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French
If you have questions or problems, please contact us by mail: email@example.com