This app serves as an Android client for the decentralized cloud storage platform Sia. With it, you can send and receive Siacoin with a wallet that you control, and store your files on the Sia network.
So why use Sia?
• Completely Private - Sia encrypts and distributes your files across a decentralized network. You control your private encryption keys and you own your data. No outside company or third party can access or control your files, unlike traditional cloud storage providers.
• Far More Affordable - On average, Sia's decentralized cloud storage costs 80% less than incumbent cloud storage providers. Storing 1TB of files on Sia costs about $2 per month, compared with $10 on Google Drive.
• Highly Redundant - Sia distributes and stores redundant file segments on nodes across the globe, eliminating any single point of failure and ensuring uptime that rivals traditional cloud storage providers.
• Open Source - Sia’s software is completely open source, with contributions from leading software engineers and a thriving community of developers building innovative applications on the Sia API.
• Marketplace On Blockchain - Using the Sia blockchain, Sia creates a decentralized storage marketplace in which hosts compete for your business, which leads to the lowest possible prices. Renters pay using Siacoin, which can also be mined and traded.
Source code: https://github.com/NickvanDyke/Sia-Android
Sia for Android is developed independently by me, and is not affiliated with Nebulous Labs.