Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won't need cell coverage for navigation. Use storage memory for maps.
New: Android Wear support to see navigation at a glance on wrist
Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM, MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. Some additional content available as an in app purchase:
-Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
-Digital Globe Subscription allows offline storage of high res satellite imagery for much of the world.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
-GMU boundaries in some states
-Lake Contours in several states.
-Content from US TrailMaps including:
-ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps
See the menu under More-> "Purchasing AddOns". They can be shown on top of topo maps.
You may try the DEMO version to make sure you like the maps in your country.
About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server. Built in sources include:
OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
USGS Color Aerial photography
Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
Topo maps of New Zealand
Japan GSI maps.
Many of the above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS navigation in the backcountry.
Use as a geocaching navigator by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or the way back to camp with GPS.
Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
Doing recon for a hunt or as your hunting GPS
Fishing: make it your fishing GPS.
Search and Rescue (SAR).
Trekking the Pacific Crest trail or other long term hiking.
Kayak and canoe treks on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests for navigation on trails with the GPS in your rucksack or backpack.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for the outdoors.
BackCountry Navigator has been on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun. Create a memory with maps.
For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Many have found the Android GPS in a phone or tablet to substitute for a Garmin GPS or Magellan GPS, such as the Garmin GPS units Montana, Etrex, or Oregon. Android can be your handheld GPS.
- Campsite overview with Google Maps, Mapquest OSM or OpenCycleMaps (online)
- Campsite overview with Mapsforge OSM (offline)
- Campsite category (Camping Cheque, Camping Card, Best Deal, Other Campsites)
- Phone number (direct call from App possible)
- Selection of naturist campsites
- Selection of campsites near Highway
- Selection of small campsites
- Search for campsites by name
- Search for any location on earth by name
- Maintain list of favourite campsites
- List nearby campsites
- Show distance and bearing in campsite lists
- Show altitude at any place by long press on map
- Integrated Google campsite search
- Route planning to a campsite with Navigon, Google Maps or Sygic
- Opening period for many campsites
- Create your own POIs
Keywords: campground, campgrounds, camp, tent, rv, camper, navigon, sygic, camper, campsite, pitch, camping guide, waypoint, POI, touring
Our Android app automatically detects your location and shows you the best prices nearby in your neighborhood, along your commute, or on a weekend road trip.
- Find the cheapest gas price in your area
- Prices frequently updated
- Sort gas stations based on lowest price or distance from you
- Add stations as Favorites, and check which one has the lowest price in an instant!
- Supports many fuel types: Regular, Mid-Grade, Premium, Diesel, and even E-85
- Launch the MapQuest Navigation app to get voice-guided directions to a station
Stay on top of pricing swings and make your fuel dollars go further with MapQuest Gas Prices!
> Voice Navigation says: "Where would you like to go"
> You say: "Macdonald's in New York"
> Voice Navigation: "Did you say Macdonald's in New York"
> You say: "Yes"
- Voice navigation via driving, walking, biking and busing
- All voice operated app, in fact keyboard has been completely removed
- Auto save your destination
- Import and export destinations into and from Trip Planner Navigation
Use this app to get locations, directions and street view on your android devices. Switch between Google, Bing, Mapquest and OpenLayers (OpenStreetMap).
- App will start at your location if you have location services turned on.
- Search for a town, city or place using Google, Bing, Mapquest or OpenStreetMap.
- Get directions between two locations with Google maps
- Use Bing maps to get a birds eye view of a location*
- View street view for search locations*
- To get a location's street view. First use location search and then tap on the street view tab.
- While using directions you can tap on the directions panel to the top of the screen to get a list of directions and distances. If you tap on any of the locations on the list then close the panel you will be taken to that part of the directions.
- You can pinch the screen to zoom in and out of map views (except for MapQuest maps).
- Tap on the setting tab to select a different map provider.
- While using Bing maps go to maximum zoom to see a birds eye view of the area*.
For best results with this app please turn on wifi and location services.
*** Please first try the free edition of this app to see if it is compatible with your device. ***
* Not all countries and regions have Street View or birds eye view available. This app only provides Street View for the regions where it is available. Please enter a full zip/post code and make sure the pin is near a road to maximize street view performance.
+ Please note Bing and MapQuest are only available in the paid edition.
You can find gas prices using mobile phone's GPS or other location services. Also search for cheap gas prices near a zip code, address or city.
Why paying those extra bucks when you have Cheap Gas for Android?
Gas prices only available in USA.
Instantly see a Google Street View of any supported location.
Main features and tips:
- random Street View
- add places to favorites (yellow star in left corner)
- drag and drop marker (long click on map to move marker)
- long click favorite star to show favorites list
- share panorama
- move Street View camera by volume keys (forward - volume up, backward - volume down)
This app won't run without Google Play services. Make sure you have the latest version:
Only shows your location at the time you send your location to friend(s) - Does NOT automatically update location
Turn on the GPS to send your exact position or the Network Locator will provide a close proximity of your location
Has Aerial or Street View mode to help friends find you - Aerial mode is great for off-road activities including atv usage, hiking, etc.
Shares your speed, altitude, longitude, and latitude
Great for emergencies, if you are lost, or cannot give directions for someone to meet with you
APP is only as accurate as the performance of your hardware
If you are having problems with this App, please email us and give us a chance to fix the problem.
If you like this App, please rate us.
APP only requires Internet Access to send your location via email and GOOGLE mapping
Fine and Coarse Location - to calculate your location
• Enter some basic information about your commute and we’ll notify you 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with our informative notifications.
• If you’re commuting outside of your scheduled times or want to get a read on your route, you can check current conditions anytime by simply opening the app. It’s that easy!
• When your commute forecast looks grim or you have extra stops to make, Commute links directly to the MapQuest app for a more robust navigation experience. The MapQuest navigation app will help you find alternate routes, get voice-guided directions, or simply find a coffee shop along the way.
Download the simplest app for your daily commute!
Have feedback for our development team? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Current location is displayed automatically
* Option to copy the current location coordinates with address
* Ad free application
* Track your position as you move
My places helps you save, SHARE, filter and display on a map all places you've liked with the categories you've created.
Display your friends' places on the map if you need more ideas.
Long click on a location gives you access Edit, Delete or Get Directions menu.
The app only displays available data so there is nothing I can do if it is out of date or incorrect.
Complain to your local police force who supply the data if you believe the data to be wrong.
See the level of crime in the UK areas of your choosing.
Note: App abandoned due to lack of interest so I will not be improving it or adding features.
Map displays approx 1 mile of data at a time. Zoom in to "drill down"
Bonus: The ads do not appear if you have "Password Safe Pro License" installed.
@Mike. It would have had more features but it was abandoned because nobody was interested in the app when I asked for feedback.
Keywords: Police, Crime, Local, Drugs, Weapons, Burglary, ASBO