MediaMonkey is a lightweight yet powerful music player that lets you manage and keep large music collections in sync across your devices. Key features:
❖ Sync wirelessly with MediaMonkey for Windows *
-> Keep playlists, tracks and videos in sync.
-> Keep file info, ratings, lyrics, play history, etc. in sync.
❖ Simple UI for managing Music, Classical music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video.
-> Navigate by Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Playlist, etc.
-> Search entire library or find related tracks
-> Edit file info (e.g. Artist, Album, Composer, rating, etc.) with support for multiple attributes (e.g. Genre=Rock;Alternative).
-> Lookup Album Art and Lyrics.
-> Edit multiple files at once.
❖ Manage Playlists
-> Set up hierarchical playlists
-> Add/remove/re-order tracks
-> Sync playlists with MediaMonkey for Windows
❖ Intuitive player and queue manager
-> Play content at a steady volume (using replay gain) to avoid fidgeting with the volume
-> Tune audio with a 5-band equalizer
-> Relax with a Sleep timer
-> Share your play history with third-party scrobblers (Simple Last.fm, Last.fm)
-> Cast to Google chrome cast or UPnP/DLNA devices ** †
-> Bookmark large files (e.g. Audiobooks, videos)
❖ Android Auto support
❖ Access and download media from UPnP/DLNA servers **
❖ Player widgets for home screen or lock screen
❖ Set tracks as ringtones
❖ Share tracks
* Time-limited trial--can be unlocked with MediaMonkey Pro. USB Sync is unrestricted.
** Time-limited trial--can be unlocked with MediaMonkey Pro. Note that MediaMonkey is Ad-free and as development is supported by sales of MediaMonkey Pro.
Privacy, Safety and Security Information
Ventis Media, Inc. is committed to your privacy and to transparency in our data handling practices. This app doesn't collect, use, or share any of your data unless required for the functionality or service being provided.
The following explains our disclosures in the Google Play Store regarding data safety:
o Email address and device identifier is only 'collected' if you explicitly 'Submit a debug log' (encrypted in transit, deleted after 2 weeks) so that we can get in touch with you.
o Videos, Audio Files are only 'collected' and transmitted when you explicitly:
- Sync media content with MediaMonkey for Windows (files and file metadata are transmitted from MediaMonkey for Android to MediaMonkey for Windows--they are not shared with us).
- Cast media content to a Chromecast or UPnP Server (files and file metadata are streamed encrypted, from MediaMonkey for Android to your cast device--they are not shared with us).
- Give Android Auto access to MediaMonkey content (files and file metadata are shared encrypted, from MediaMonkey for Android to your Android Auto device--they are not shared with us).
- Enable 'scrobbling' to share play history with others (metadata of played files is shared through your scrobbling client with last.fm--the data is not shared with us).
o Media file metadata is only shared with 3rd parties if you enable track information to be looked up (file metadata [Artist, Album, Title] is shared with 3rd parties in order to look up additional related track information--the data is not shared with us).
Application Permissions Atypical of a Player
o CAMERA: To scan QR codes to get configuration data to facilitate connections to MediaMonkey Servers
o WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To write to 'shared' media folders such as /Music or /Playlists
o WRITE_CONTACTS: To assign a track to a contact as a ringtone
o WRITE_SETTINGS: To change some system settings (e.g. disable touch sounds, set up ringtones/alarms)
o ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, CHANGE_WIFI_STATE, CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE, INTERNET: For Wi-Fi Sync, UPnP, Casting
o REQUEST_IGNORE_BATTERY_OPTIMIZATIONS, WAKE_LOCK: To prevent shutdown during extended operations (e.g. Sync)
o INSTALL_SHORTCUT: To install custom shortcuts to Playlists