(frequency magnitude and waterfall plot)!
You can browse through the frequency spectrum just by using scroll and zoom touch gestures. Additional features as of today are:
- select FFT size
- activate optional averaging and peak holding
- select color schema for the waterfall plot
- select drawing types for the FFT: line or bars
- read samples from a file (generated by Michael Ossmann's hackrf_transfer tool or by rtl_sdr)
- AM/FM/SSB audio demodulation
- adjust squelch and channel width
- RTL-SDR support
- Record to a raw IQ file compatible with hackrf_transfer, GNU Radio, ...
This app is in active development and I'm currently working on the following features:
- Optimizing the signal processing to lower CPU usage and increase filter performance
- Scanner (scan a specific range for the strongest signal)
I also try to keep the app stable and as bug-free as possible. Bug
reports are always welcome and I promise to work hard to resolve every one of them! Note that there is a logging
feature in the settings which helps a lot with trouble shooting any errors.
This app uses the INTERNET permission only to connect to the local rtl_tcp instance used by the RTL2832U driver. The WRITE_EXTERNAL STORAGE permission is only used to write log files to the SD card (disabled by default).
WHAT YOU NEED:
In order to use this app you will need:
- A HackRF or an RTL-SDR dongle (this is obvious xD)
- An Android device that either supports USB OTG (please google if your device supports OTG!) or has an USB host port
- An USB OTG cable (costs about 3$) to connect the HackRF/RTL-SDR to your Android device (not needed if your device has a full size USB host port)
- Only for RTL-SDR: The free RTL2832U driver from Martin Marinov (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=marto.rtl_tcp_andro)
The HackRF/RTL-SDR is powered by the Android phone/tablet. Some phones or tablets might not deliver enough power on their USB port to power the HackRF/RTL-SDR. Also notice that doing the necessary digital signal processing is very CPU intensive and though I did my best to optimize the algorithms the app still needs a
decent device (I recommend 2 CPU cores or more) to run fluently. Please use the 2-hour refund period provided for every
Google Play app to test functionality and refund the app if it does not work for your device!
Here is a list of already tested and working devices (may be incomplete):
- Nexus 7 2012
- Nexus 7 2013
- Nexus 5
- Moto G
- Moto G 4G
- Acer A500
- Samsung S3 LTE
- Samsung S4
- Samsung S4 LTE
- Samsung S5
- Samsung Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Tap S 8.4 & 10.5
- HTC M8
- LG G2
- LG G3
- Motorola Xoom M601
- Dragon Touch A1X
If the app is working for you and your device is not in this list, please include your phone type in a short rating
and share the good news with other users ;)
Here is a list of devices that were reported NOT to work with this app (may be incomplete):
- Sony Xperia Pro + HackRF (because USB output power is too low -.-)
- Nexus 4 (works only with Y cable and custom ROM to enable OTG support)
- Nexus 9 (Not a power issue, I am still investigating on this)
This application is released under the GNU General Public License v2. It is free software and the source code is
available on GitHub: https://github.com/demantz/RFAnalyzer
You might wonder why you have to pay for a free app: You don't have to! The APK package is also available in the
git repository and you can download and install it from there. But keep in mind: by buying the app you will get automatic
updates and you will support my work!
Please note that I am not responsible for any legal issues caused by the usage of this application. Be responsible and comply with your local law!
- Spectrum Analyser - See 1 MHz of the spectrum real time on your screen. Identify potential signals of interest visually.
- Audio Recording - Record your favourite tunes in STEREO straight from the radio or tape that random chatter you randomly came across on the HAM band - it's up to you!
How does it work:
You need to have SDR Touch already installed on your Android powered device. Purchase and install SDR Touch Key. Next time you start SDR Touch you will be able to use the pro tools and the "DEMO MODE" will have disappeared!
If you have not tried SDR Touch yet, I highly recommend installing it first to check whether it is compatible with your USB dongle, phone or tablet.
Please don't purchase if your Android device or USB dongle is not compatible with SDR Touch!
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that SDR Touch is under development and it could be unstable. Also make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions in SDR Touch and fully understand that it might against the law to listen to some non-standard radio frequencies in some countries. I am not liable for any damages caused by improper usage of SDR Touch and SDR Touch Key!
Uses Generic RTL2832U with Rafael Micro R820T tunner.
Android Tablet with support OTG usb interface and OTG cable
DVB-T dongles based on the Realtek RTL2832U can be used as a cheap SDR, since the chip allows transferring the raw I/Q samples to the host, which is officially used for DAB/DAB+/FM demodulation. more info here http://www.rf-connect.com/
low cost hardware and cables can be purchased here http://www.adsb-in.com/
RTL SDR Hardware http://stores.ebay.com/rfconnect/
OTG Cable http://stores.ebay.com/rfconnect/
The list of the smartphones and tablets that are known have USB OTG working includes:
Acer Iconia Tab A200 & A500
Samsung Galaxy S 2/3/4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
LG OPtimus G
Google Nexus 7
Motorola Droid RAZR
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Notion Ink Adam
Toshiba Excite 10
Sony Tablet S
Huawei Ascend D/D1
LG Optimus G
Pantech Vega R3
Samsung Ativ Tab
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Asus VivoTab RT
Huawei MediaPad Lite 7
Toshiba Excite 10
TrekStor SurfTab Xiron 7.0 HD ST70408-1
There may be others check the specs of you device
The spectrum of the signal is determined using FFT.
The sound picked up from the mic of the terminal is analyzed with the frequency.It has a basic function though it is a simple type. I hope it works on your device.
The performance depends for the terminal hard and strongly.I tested on zenithink ZT-180 and worked fine.Touch parameter then can change.
If menu is out of display,please flip it.
This app is released under GPL2+ as a derivative work of rtl_tcp. The source code can be found at https://github.com/martinmarinov/rtl_tcp_andro-
This driver could be used by third party applications to implement Software Defined Radio (like SDR Touch)
It does not require root for Android 3.1 and above.
Keep in mind that this application on its own may not be very useful as it is just a driver. It is able to stream rtl_tcp over the network.
- Any Generic RTL2832U
- DigitalNow Quad DVB-T PCI-E card
- Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle mini D
- Genius TVGo DVB-T03 USB dongle (Ver. B)
- Terratec Cinergy T Stick Black (rev 1)
- Terratec NOXON DAB/DAB+ USB dongle (rev 1)
- Terratec Deutschlandradio DAB Stick
- Terratec NOXON DAB Stick - Radio Energy
- Terratec Media Broadcast DAB Stick
- Terratec BR DAB Stick
- Terratec WDR DAB Stick
- Terratec MuellerVerlag DAB Stick
- Terratec Fraunhofer DAB Stick
- Terratec Cinergy T Stick RC (Rev.3)
- Terratec T Stick PLUS
- Terratec NOXON DAB/DAB+ USB dongle (rev 2)
- PixelView PV-DT235U(RN)
- Astrometa DVB-T/DVB-T2
- Compro Videomate U620F
- Compro Videomate U650F
- Compro Videomate U680F
- GIGABYTE GT-U7300
- DIKOM USB-DVBT HD
- Peak 102569AGPK
- KWorld KW-UB450-T USB DVB-T Pico TV
- Zaapa ZT-MINDVBZP
- SVEON STV20 DVB-T USB & FM
- Twintech UT-40
- ASUS U3100MINI_PLUS_V2
- SVEON STV27 DVB-T USB & FM
- SVEON STV21 DVB-T USB & FM
- Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle (Logilink VG0002A)
- Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle (MSI DigiVox mini II V3.0)
- Dexatek Technology Ltd. DK 5217 DVB-T Dongle
- MSI DigiVox Micro HD
- Sweex DVB-T USB
- GTek T803
- Lifeview LV5TDeluxe
- MyGica TD312
- PROlectrix DV107669
This app enables your device to display live ADSB data (1090ES) from surrounding airborne aircraft. All you need is a supported USB dongle and an OTG cable, both available from various sources on the internet for less than $20.-.
Visit http://hiz.ch/index.php/home/adsb-receiver for more details!
The received data can also be used to display live air traffic in Avare:
This test version is fully functional but comes with a package limit. Please consider buying the "Pro" version to support the development of this app. Thanks!!
Attach a supported USB dongle to your Android device using an OnTheGo (OTG) cable. (Make sure your device supports OTG!) This app will automatically start once a device has been detected. Answer `yes` if you are asked to auto-open the app, it will immediately try to receive ADSB data. You should see packages flowing in quickly, depending on your location.
If you`re using Avare:
Simply start the Avare External I/O Plugin app, select `WIFI` and activate listening on port 43211. You will start to see other airplane on the Avare sectional map, once enough data has been gathered. Please make sure to enable the related option `Show ADSB Traffic` in Avare.
Avare External I/O Plugin:
List of supported tuners:
• Rafael Micro R820T (recommended!)
• Rafael Micro R820T2
• Elonics E4000
• Fitipower FC0013 (low performance)
FC0013 is supported, but often has limits close to 1090 MHz, which can reduce the performance to receive ADSB data.
NooElec NESDR Nano (R820T) (recommended!)
NooElec NESDR XTR (E4000)
NooElec NESDR Mini 2 (R820T2)
Example OTG cables:
OTG plus charging, requires power source
Micro USB Host OTG Y-Cable with Micro USB Power Charging for Samsung Phones
Micro USB to USB2.0 A Female OTG Data Host Cable for Nexus 7, Galaxy S3/S4
HIZ LLC, Michael Hammer
Copyright (C) 2014-2015, all rights reserved
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
You agree to the following by using the map provided by this app:
• It is not guaranteed that this app will always use a `Google Map`. The map implementation may change at any time.
• This app will not collect any personal data.
• Google Terms of Service: http://developers.google.com/terms/
** This app is intended for Android v1.6 (Donut) using GSM only. v2.x users need RF Signal Tracker (Eclair).
- Record, save & playback rssi data. See HO stats.
- Vibe & sound on Handoff.
- Show coverage bubbles of serving cells.
- Users can upload their own site locations.
The parameters collected by Mobile Analyzer application can be separeted in three groups:
- SIM Card: PLMN, Serial Number, SPN, IMSI, Voice Mail Number, SIM Card State.
- Mobile Phone: IMEI, IMEI-SV, MMS User Agent, MMS UA Profile URL, .
- Network information: Data State, Network Type, PLMN, Name of the Network, Call State, Roaming, Signal Power, LAC/TAC, GPS Position and Cell ID.
With Mobile Analyzer is possible to collect logs and save it on CSV Excel file.
Activate 'set DNS' in the settings screen, enter your DNS servers and reconnect. That's it! :-)
Features in a nutshell:
( ) ad-free
( ) simple, clean interface
( ) works with mobile data, WiFi/WLAN, Bluetooth/USB tethering
( ) IPv6 support (work in progress)
( ) optional notification, needs no root:
-- network type (3G, WiFi, etc.) and DNS setting at connect
-- when data net connectivity has been lost
( ) root/su permission checker
Please post a quick review on the free version page if DNSwitch works well!
This is the fan edition of DNSwitch. It is identical in function. It is here for those who ask about donating money or some way to display their appreciation of this effort. For further details and descriptions please visit the page for the free edition simply named 'DNS switch'.
Thank you for supporting the author's effort having the DNS switch Fan edition! As a bonus, a little secret is being revealed in the about text. :-)
*** OUTPUT ***
Visualization is done on real like device that shows:
- Audio level
- Noise Level
- Current frequency
- Frequency oscilloscope
- Time to Frequency chart
*** ACCURACY ***
Application is calibrated with real tone generator. Internal microphone limit is around 1800 Hz, but under this frequency accuracy is very respectable +/- 0.5 Hz.
*** NOISE LIMIT ***
You can easily set a limit that removes noise treshold with included trackbar.
*** EXPORT ***
You can export TTF chart to comma-separated file that you can later analyze with MS Excel or other table processor. Application has file directory browser with Save and Overwrite feature.
Please don't hesitate to write us for details or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Press [MENU] to configure automation so the selected DNS settings will stick throughout connectivity changes.
Select to only automate on 3G or WIFI connections.
DNS list updates on startup, if internet connectivity is available.
Note that some Internet Service Providers restrict access to certain resources via DNS requests. If unable to access said resources, please try turning off automation and reconnecting to 3G first.
IMPORTANT: REQUIRES SUPERUSER (ROOTED PHONES)
Internet access permission is required to download the latest list of DNS providers for quick selection via the dropdown list.
★ DNSet works both on Wi-Fi and 3G.
★ WARNING: the app may not work properly on Android 4.4.x(1,2,3) due to a known system bug which we are not responsible for. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
★This app work fine on Android 4.4.4This app works fine on Android 4.4.4★
DNSet sets Google's public DNS servers (188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206) on your device. In order to do this it creates a local VPN so you have to authorise the app once. The app quits after the VPN has been initialised, this saves space on your device's precious RAM memory.
Avoiding the ISP's DNS may help in:
* Bypassing restrictions on certain websites
* Speeding up your browsing experience
DNSet is able to start automatically at boot time. Enable the 'auto start' checkbox and a notification will appear every time you turn on your device. Just click on the notification, authorise the app et voilà, Google's DNS servers will be in use.
* Why using free DNS servers?
- Speed up internet browsing
- Be able to access to blocked websites
* Main features:
- Change IP address
- Change Gateway
- Change DNS
- Add/Update/Remove DNS: You can add a new DNS server to the DNS List. You can also update/remove the DNS that you added to the list.
* FAQ 1. How to change the DNS and use the static IP
Step 1: Turn on Wifi then launch this app.
Step 2: Choose any DNS then click on Apply button. That's all.
* FAQ 2. How to change back to the original DNS
In case you don't want to use custom DNS anymore, please check on "DHCP" then click on Apply button.
* FAQ 3. You are connected to the network but cannot access the internet, what's wrong?
Your IP device may conflict with another device in your network. In order to get a new IP, check on the "DHCP" then click on Apply button. After restarting the Wifi connection successfully, you will get the new IP address. At that time, you can change the DNS manually as shown in FAQ1.
- This app does NOT require root permission.
- This app only works on IPv4 Wifi networks.
- The DNS changes takes effect permanently even after reboot
- Each SSID gets it's own setting, so you can default to your home or work router's setting (which you've already set the way you want). Just remember to set it the first time you use a new access point.