● Familiar street level A-Z map of Glasgow.
● Colourful, clear, custom drawn, geographically accurate mapping.
● Once installed no internet connection is required, no data roaming charges.
● GPS location and tracking.
● Streets, postcodes, places of interest, junction names, national rail and underground stations, hospitals and districts covered by this map are built into the application.
A "MUST HAVE" if you are visiting the 2014 Commonwealth Games. The familiar look of this map makes it by far the easiest Glasgow map to use. The map is drawn by real cartographers with the detailed care and human touch of emphasis that A-Z are famous for.
The map covers an area of Glasgow down to street level, extending to:
● Uddingston (part)
The map index lists streets, postcodes, places of interest, junction names, national rail and underground stations, hospitals, and districts that are within this area.
All can be located on this high quality map within a few seconds using the search feature or by browsing the index.
With this map installed on your device there is never any need for an internet connection enabling you to access the map anywhere and at anytime.
You can use your device’s inbuilt location services to show your current location on the map or follow your movements as you travel.
♦ ANNOTATING THE MAP
You can now add places of interest, routes and even areas to the map. This is a very simple yet powerful feature that allows the user to quickly and easily customise their map. This is also a great benefit to anyone planning routes as it instantly displays the distance for the complete route. These annotations can be stored and retrieved instantly on the device.
The mobile street maps are for you! All the map data is loaded on your phone before you leave your home, so can you be on the streets, offline, and still know everything about the area you are in, and locate yourself or any street in the city. You don't need any network connection at all once the application is installed on your phone - no WiFi, no 3G, no GPRS!
This is a complete street level map for your phone. The entire map is stored on your phone, so it works where you have no access to the Internet - it works where Google Maps is inaccessible. This prevents expensive data roaming charges by loading all the map data to your phone before you leave home. You can turn off all network functions and still be able to find your way around. Lets you find all streets, and many useful locations such as ATM's, parkings, museums, and many others.
Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Glasgow:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Day trip section
* An offline map of the city
• Choose the best places to visit from our curated list of more than 100.000 attractions, covering 150+ countries - never miss out on the best sightseeing again
• Plan your travel itinerary in just a few minutes - spend your time on travel, not on planning
• Get weather forecast - what is the best day to schedule that river cruise for?
• Use time & distance estimates - is the way from the station to your hotel worth taking a taxi?
• Sync the itinerary across all your devices - you’ll always have your dream trip close at hand
• Find a hotel in your destination and save it to your itinerary - always find a way back to your hotel
• Enjoy detailed and walking-friendly maps - explore the city in the best way possible, on foot
• See subway lines on the map in popular cities - quickly get around town like a local
• Download offline maps and use the app offline (available as in-app purchase) - no more roaming fees
• Download and print out a PDF guide - don’t worry about battery power.
• Guardian’s Android App of the Week
• Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
• Outside Magazine: The Best City Guide App for your Phone
• Also featured in BBC, The Telegraph, PC Magazine, TNW, ProductHunt and others
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Check out our web planner: http://www.tripomatic.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tripomatic_com
Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TripomaticCom
Contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access 1000+ destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
• 3 days worth of arrivals and departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Detailed map showing your current location within the airport, location of restaurants, bars, banks, toilets, shops etc.
• General airport information (from Wikipedia) and airport news (from Twitter)
• Facility to locate and book hotels nearby
• 5 Day local weather forecast
The Future City demonstrator is looking at active travel in Glasgow - walking and cycling. Active travel can deliver substantial health benefits as well as helping tackle some of our environmental issues such as emissions and congestion. To really drive change in the city we have developed this app to highlight walks in your community steeped in history.
By using the power of the phone in your pocket we can deliver up to date walks around some of the cities most amazing attractions that are hidden in plain sight. By giving visibility to some of these hidden gems we hope to encourage the citizens of the city to get out and see them first hand.
To get you started - did you know there’s a wooden Elephant in Queens Park?
• Walks all around Glasgow stored on your phone
• Once views, photos get stored offline so you can take them with you
• Automatically receive new walks and amendments over the air.
• A handy wee compass to help you navigate the city
• Suggested walking path on map
• Beautiful photo galleries with high res photography
• Share your walks
For Glasgow and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Google Flights and Google Hotel Finder results displayed
+Food and restaurants
Glasgow International Airport (GLA) is the second largest airport in Scotland. It has three terminals. Terminal West serves international flights. Terminal Central serves domestic flights and Terminal East serves low cost, Scotish Islands and Ireland. This app provides complete information for Glasgow Airport including parking, food and restaurants, arrival and departure boards, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information --useful information you need.
Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Glasgow. We include Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Leeds, Edinburgh, Norwich, East Midlands, Southampton, Belfast, Aberdeen, and all the airports of the world.
Uses Glasgow Taxis existing and successful Web Booker database.
Book your taxi directly into our dispatch system & jumps the telephone queue when booking your Taxi.
You will also be able to see how far away your taxi is with our LIVE Tracking feature plus access to a number of automatic "on approach" notifications.
Automatically dial our Call Centre in Glasgow if required.
Book a taxi using the iHail function, which uses the Android Device's built in GPS to determine your pickup point and if required you may further fine tune the map pin location using the map on the screen of your Android Device.
Find ranks close to you by using our "Find a Rank" function.
The Glasgow Taxis Android application delivers a faster booking alternative for our customers.
Now with a referendum on an independent Scotland coming up this year now included an Independence? Button. And including all the functions of the old paid for app.
Explore the history, heritage, wildlife and artworks of the Forth & Clyde Canal as it winds through the City of Glasgow. On foot, on a bike or from the comfort of your own home, this app unlocks the story of Glasgow's Canals and their rich and still developing history.
Explore the Towpath lets you view your current location of a variety of different canal maps - from a stunning new illustrated map created by Kerry Hyndman, to exclusive rare archive maps from the 1790s, as well as modern satellite views.
The new illustrated map features over 100 different points of interest to explore - tap on any point to find out more. You can also search for places of interest (e.g. 'Locks' or 'Cafe'), and even sort the list of places by how close you are, or how recently the information has been updated.
Some locations even let you See Through Time with a unique 'augmented reality' mode that overlays the archive images with the current camera view when you're standing in the right spot.
More information, including sound and video clips, more photos and points of interest will be added all the time - if we've missed your favourite place, or you have any old photos or a story to tell, please let us know by using the Tell Us Your Story feature, and we'll try and include them in the next update!
For best results, try and be on a WiFi network when you first launch the app - this will make downloading any updates and new images and media much quicker! Once they are downloaded, you can then use the App along the canal even if you don't have a mobile signal, as everything will then be stored locally on your device.
Development of this App was funded as part of the Unlocking the Story project, thanks to the Heritage Lottery Fund, Glasgow City Council, and Glasgow City Heritage Trust.
Unlocking the Story project partners include The Scottish Waterways Trust, Scottish Canals, Glasgow Life/Glasgow Museums, Glasgow Sculpture Studios, Lambhill Stables, Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust, and the National Theatre of Scotland.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Places of Worship (9 sights)
* Top Nightspots in Glasgow (10 sights)
* Best Shopping Destinations (7 sights)
* Glaswegian Museums (10 sights)
* Specialty Shops (8 sights)
* Popular Art Galleries (10 sights)
* Landmarks Of Glasgow (12 sights)
* Other Landmarks in Glasgow (8 sights)
* Family Fun in Glasgow (12 sights)
* Famous Architecture (10 sights)
* Daily Life in Glasgow (10 sights)
* Sauchiehall Street (11 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
We offer a fast, friendly and reliable service in the North of Glasgow and surrounding areas, including the City Centre. We also offer great value fares to all of Scotland's airports and Stations and we have 4, 5 and 6 seater vehicles working around the clock, 365 days a year.
With this app you can order your taxi in seconds and track in real-time from being allocated all the way to your pickup point.
Buy this Guided Tour and you can use it again and again if you plan to visit the House more than once - or just buy it to have a 'virtual' tour wherever you happen to be in the world. The App will be continually updated with new exhibitions and changes in the collection.
The ‘Full Tour’ contains over 40 guided steps around the various Rooms that make up the House, each covering several exhibits.
If you want to explore the House at your leisure, then the 'Explore' option is for you - like an interactive guidebook, you will be fascinated by the additional information on the Rooms, the exhibits and the artists who created them.
Whether you choose to visit the Traquair House or download the App for personal use, you can be assured that you are supporting the work of the family in the upkeep of the house as a percentage of every sale made goes directly to them.
Keep up to date with the latest exhibits at Traquair through the What's On section
- Dashboard summary for uptime & response times
- View overall downtime
- Compare total number of outages
- Custom date ranges
- Start/Stop monitors
- Review basic monitor settings
- Free website monitoring account available
To use the MonitorHub app you need to have a MonitorHub account. You can register for a free uptime & performance monitoring account at http://www.monitorhub.com
In this version, all of the functions of the full version are available but the number of Exhibits, Galleries and Tour Steps are limited.
Buy the full version of this Guided Tour and you can use it again and again if you plan to visit the Museum more than once - or just buy it to have a 'virtual' tour wherever you happen to be in the world. The App will be continually updated with new exhibitions and changes in the collection.
In this version, the Tour contains the first few steps from the ‘Full Tour’ (in the paid app) which contains over 50 guided steps around the various Galleries that make up the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, each covering several exhibits - while the ‘Highlights’ tour contains seventeen steps showcasing the ‘must see’ exhibits.
If you want to explore the Gallery at your leisure, then the 'Explore' option is for you - like an interactive guidebook, you will be fascinated by the additional information on the Galleries, the exhibits and the artists who created them.
Whether you choose to visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum or download the App for personal use, you can be assured that you are supporting the work of Glasgow Museums as a percentage of every sale made goes directly to them.