A complete City Guide for Glasgow providing the perfect cultural companion for visitors to the city.
Detailing over 50 visitor attractions.
This app includes text in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Written and designed entirely in Glasgow.
* City guide with 50 things to see and do
* Over 100 large images from around the city
This app may ask permission to use your current location.
This app does not require an internet connection to view the content.
OUR CITY GUIDES ARE DIFFERENT:
✓ Curated by Glasgow locals, selected by us
✓ Glasgow insider tips, not "highlights"
✓ 100% offline - not Internet required
✓ Always up-to-date and up-to-season
✓ New tips regularly - free updates "for life"!
✓ Detailed offline full city maps
✓ Regular updates & new Glasgow tips
✓ Save & show favorite spots on the map
For a list of up tips currently included, please check our Glasgow online city guide.
"A useful series of locally written travel guides”
"Authentically local, on-the-ground advice”
"To put it simply: awesome"
"Local tips rarely found in the guidebook"
"The inside track from city loving locals"
Features of Triposo’s guide to Glasgow:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Day trip section
* An offline map of the city
The Future City demonstrator is looking at active travel in Glasgow - walking and cycling. Active travel can deliver substantial health benefits as well as helping tackle some of our environmental issues such as emissions and congestion. To really drive change in the city we have developed this app to highlight walks in your community steeped in history.
By using the power of the phone in your pocket we can deliver up to date walks around some of the cities most amazing attractions that are hidden in plain sight. By giving visibility to some of these hidden gems we hope to encourage the citizens of the city to get out and see them first hand.
To get you started - did you know there’s a wooden Elephant in Queens Park?
• Walks all around Glasgow stored on your phone
• Once views, photos get stored offline so you can take them with you
• Automatically receive new walks and amendments over the air.
• A handy wee compass to help you navigate the city
• Suggested walking path on map
• Beautiful photo galleries with high res photography
• Share your walks
Uses Glasgow Taxis existing and successful Web Booker database.
Book your taxi directly into our dispatch system & jumps the telephone queue when booking your Taxi.
You will also be able to see how far away your taxi is with our LIVE Tracking feature plus access to a number of automatic "on approach" notifications.
Automatically dial our Call Centre in Glasgow if required.
Book a taxi using the iHail function, which uses the Android Device's built in GPS to determine your pickup point and if required you may further fine tune the map pin location using the map on the screen of your Android Device.
Find ranks close to you by using our "Find a Rank" function.
The Glasgow Taxis Android application delivers a faster booking alternative for our customers.
• Choose the best places to visit from our curated list of more than 100.000 attractions, covering 150+ countries - never miss out on the best sightseeing again
• Plan your travel itinerary in just a few minutes - spend your time on travel, not on planning
• Get weather forecast - what is the best day to schedule that river cruise for?
• Use time & distance estimates - is the way from the station to your hotel worth taking a taxi?
• Sync the itinerary across all your devices - you’ll always have your dream trip close at hand
• Find a hotel in your destination and save it to your itinerary - always find a way back to your hotel
• Enjoy detailed and walking-friendly maps - explore the city in the best way possible, on foot
• See subway lines on the map in popular cities - quickly get around town like a local
• Download offline maps and use the app offline (available as in-app purchase) - no more roaming fees
• Download and print out a PDF guide - don’t worry about battery power.
• Guardian’s Android App of the Week
• Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
• Outside Magazine: The Best City Guide App for your Phone
• Also featured in BBC, The Telegraph, PC Magazine, TNW, ProductHunt and others
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Check out our web planner: http://www.tripomatic.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tripomatic_com
Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TripomaticCom
Contact our support team: email@example.com
To access 1000+ destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Now with a referendum on an independent Scotland coming up this year now included an Independence? Button. And including all the functions of the old paid for app.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Places of Worship (9 sights)
* Top Nightspots in Glasgow (10 sights)
* Best Shopping Destinations (7 sights)
* Glaswegian Museums (10 sights)
* Specialty Shops (8 sights)
* Popular Art Galleries (10 sights)
* Landmarks Of Glasgow (12 sights)
* Other Landmarks in Glasgow (8 sights)
* Family Fun in Glasgow (12 sights)
* Famous Architecture (10 sights)
* Daily Life in Glasgow (10 sights)
* Sauchiehall Street (11 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
To top it off, you can also win great Subway prizes by checking in and competing with other passengers to become each station’s ‘Top Shoogler’ as well as taking part in the Glasgow Subway’s popular #shooglingwinsprizes competitions!
Stations – find out information about the stations you visit from interesting facts to photos from our archives.
My Sub - create your own Subway experience on your own Shoogle page! Access your total number of station check-ins, enter competitions.
Shoogle Guide – use it to explore what is near the station you are at with our Shoogle search!
Competitions - #Shooglingwinsprizes, this is where you will find our competitions, giving you the chance to win some great Subway goodies! Check into the stations you visit to compete against other passengers to become our Top Shoogler in that station. You need to be logged into Facebook to access these.
Satellite/Road Map – get your bearings by pin pointing where the station you are at is in the city.
- Dashboard summary for uptime & response times
- View overall downtime
- Compare total number of outages
- Custom date ranges
- Start/Stop monitors
- Review basic monitor settings
- Free website monitoring account available
To use the MonitorHub app you need to have a MonitorHub account. You can register for a free uptime & performance monitoring account at http://www.monitorhub.com
In this version, all of the functions of the full version are available but the number of Exhibits, Galleries and Tour Steps are limited.
Buy the full version of this Guided Tour and you can use it again and again if you plan to visit the Museum more than once - or just buy it to have a 'virtual' tour wherever you happen to be in the world. The App will be continually updated with new exhibitions and changes in the collection.
In this version, the Tour contains the first few steps from the ‘Full Tour’ (in the paid app) which contains over 50 guided steps around the various Galleries that make up the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, each covering several exhibits - while the ‘Highlights’ tour contains seventeen steps showcasing the ‘must see’ exhibits.
If you want to explore the Gallery at your leisure, then the 'Explore' option is for you - like an interactive guidebook, you will be fascinated by the additional information on the Galleries, the exhibits and the artists who created them.
Whether you choose to visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum or download the App for personal use, you can be assured that you are supporting the work of Glasgow Museums as a percentage of every sale made goes directly to them.