Practice all rudiments on your smartphone
With the Rudiment app you always have all 40 snare drum rudiments in your pocket, allowing you to practice them and bring them to perfection. The app features a playback mode to play the rudiments and has a built-in metronome with which you can learn to control and improve your timing from 40 to 200 bpm.
Rudiment, the new utility by rhythmtoolsfactory offers you:
- all 40 essential rudiments from The Percussive Arts Society's Essential Snare Drum Rudiments
- stepless adjustment of beats-per-minute
- full playback mode - let the phone play the drums
- pattern switching through shaking or flinging
* Show notation of all 40 official rudiments, with name and order according to PAS.
* Visually indicate where you are in the pattern, synchronized with the built-in metronome.
* Keep the tempo using the most accurate metronome engine available on Android.
* Allow tempo adjustments between 20 and 240 BPM.
* Navigate quickly and intuitively between rudiments and tempos, with support for most input methods (including media buttons, remote controls and screen swipes).
* Link to textual descriptions and instructional videos showing all the patterns individually, on pad and examples applied to drum set. Professional performances with a single click. (The videos and examples are published at rude.skrivarna.com.)
What it doesn't do:
* It does not attempt to play the rudiments with the built-in midi sounds. No offense, but in this case your phone sucks.
If you want the play-along feature, please check out the Rude Practice Pad app. Rather than trying to program a midi sequence to faithfully reproduce a buzz roll or flam, the new sound engine uses real sampled drum sounds. The Rude Practice Pad also contain 100 hybrid rudiments, exercises, social sharing etc.
I really appreciate comments on how this small app behaves, looks and performs on different Android versions and hardware models. If you mail me at software (at) skrivarna.com I can get back with updated versions or questions and answers if needed.
Of course, any suggestions on additional features, improvements and corrections of the actual contents are very welcome. Use the software (at) skrivarna.com mail for this as well. This is also true for the examples at rude.skrivarna.com, please send me a mail with any comments.
And yes, I am aware that some of the rudiments, official or not, have different possible interpretations in how they are played and notated. In most cases I have used the most common form (as far as I understand), but there is also a trade-off in making the notation viewable on a small screen and making the underlying code somewhat maintainable. If you have a strong opinion on this and think I have made the wrong choice, don't hesitate to contact me. I will do my best to be as correct as possible.
RowDrum is the drum practice 'play along' app that plays drum rudiments for you using real drum recordings. You don't need to know how to read the notes just play along with the app. Learn and play drums and master the drumset. Just set the tempo and you're done, RowDrum will loop the drums for you.
Learn the 40 drum rudiments - Practice your drum skills while you drum along with the app.
• Real drum recordings.
• Learn all 40 Percussive Arts Society Drum Rudiments
• Loop beats forever, even with the screen off.
• Change tempos from 60 bpm to 250 bpm.
• Steady click tracks (metronome)
• Apply rests between bars so you can reach higher drumming speeds.
keywords: drums, rudiments, drumming, drumkit, drumset, drum practice, drum set, drum kit, learn drums, practice drums, drum rudiments, drum teacher, drum metronome, drum pads.
the size is small when browsing stickings, so if you are on a small screen, it might be a lttle hard to navigate.
On smaller devices set the number of beats per bar and how you’d like the beat subdivided on the Settings screen. When you start the metronome it switches to the Practice screen, with its useful beat indicators. The practice screen has controls for easily increasing and decreasing the tempo in small increments, so you can start slow and build up your speed with one touch of the screen. On larger devices all of these features can be reached on one handy screen using the new Tablet layout.
- Separate layout for larger devices
- Select any tempo from 1 to 300 beats per minute.
- Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
- Displays Italian tempo markings – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
- Subdivide the beat with up to 16 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
- Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Visual beat indication - mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
- The metronome automatically stops playing when there is an incoming call.
- Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
- Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
Check out Metronome Beats Pro for even more features, including a “live” mode where you can create and play set lists.
Metronome Beats is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
For more help with using Metronome Beats, see our blog posts:
For the beginning drummer this app provides exercises and basic beats in all styles. Instant drum lessons. Daily inspiration and new ideas in an easy, fun format. Practice makes perfect -- and this is the perfect practice metronome.
The seasoned pro will appreciate having Rude Rhythm as a reliable rhythm reference. Good grooves, always in the pocket.
So, the chart calls for a mambo? Check!
Need a fresh variation of latin funk? Got it!
Find an original sounding afropop? Consider it done!
As a drum machine the Rude Rhythm app has presets galore -- ideal for trying out song ideas, experimenting with different styles and flavors. The high quality sounds allow it to be used as a backing track and for demo recordings as well. And when practicing this app is much more fun than any metronome!
Rude Rhythm contains 500 different drum set beats in all styles, from metal to polka. Hundreds of magazines from several decades has been used to find classic examples of all styles, the best websites has provided up to date ideas and more are added all the time. This is an ever expanding encyclopedia of rhythms.
But there are also hundreds of signature grooves from legendary drummers like
...and the list goes on and on. Got suggestions for styles or drummers that are missing? Send a mail and we will do our best to add it quickly!
The playback engine is custom made for this app, and based on the most accurate metronome on the market. Slow down a tricky rhythm while practicing. Speed it up as you learn. This drum coach goes from 20 to 240 BPM with perfect audio quality.
And it's no simple midi drum machine, but a real sample player. All drums and cymbals are professionally recorded, providing a wide variety of sounds. Three different, great sounding, complete kits are included.
Rude Rhythm is easy to use, with crisp and clear graphics in all resolutions. Search and browse, flip quickly between rhythms also while playing. The app works equally well on phones and tablets. Still it is small (only about 4 MB including all images and sounds!), requires no strange permissions or Internet access.
Go get it. And then go play!
The free version is packed with features like the newly designed time signature interface – customized it any way you want. 13 time-keeping styles let you choose beat sounds that work for you – even a counting voice.. With RTP (Real-Time Playback) technology, it's more precise than a traditional mechanical metronome.
Pro Metronome is all about customization – change beat sounds, accents, and even choose from 4 different beat volume levels ("f", "mf", "p" and "mute.") With the Pro Version, access subdivisions, polyrhythm settings, and create complex patterns with triplets, dotted notes, and non-standard time signatures.
The app supports several ways to experience beats. All versions have sound, but upgrading to Pro enables Visual, Flash and Vibrate. Visual and Vibrate Modes are great when you're playing loud instruments or when you need to FEEL the beat. Flash Mode uses the device's camera flash to help your whole band sync up easily.
But Pro Metronome doesn't just help you keep time, it also helps you train. Many musicians, especially drummers, are looking for some way to help themselves keep a steadier beat. So Pro Metronome built the Rhythm Trainer - it plays one bar of beats, then mutes the next, letting you check how steady your timing really is. Increase mute time as you get better and soon you'll be closer to having perfect timing. It's a simple idea not found in any other app, one that lots of people have requested to increase their stamina and precision.
Pro Metronome supports many other features: polyrhythm mode to help drummers hear and visualize complex, interlocking beat patterns; background play mode; in-app volume adjust; even saving playlists that you can share with friends, no matter which system they are using(Android/iOS). It's a powerful, elegant app that is easy for anyone to get started with, and useful for any musician. So pick it up and sync to your own beat today!
We know that Pro Metronome for Android is far from perfect right now. However, we'll keep improving it in the next update and finally provide the same experiences as on iOS devices.
Free Version Features:
+Extremely easy to use and AD FREE (We hate banner ads as much as you do)!
+Dynamic time signature settings
+13 different time-keeping styles, including a counting voice
+Dynamic accent settings, including f, mf, p, and mute indicators
+Calculate BPM by tapping in real time
+Color Mode – see the beats
+Pendulum Mode, for visual feedback
+Power-Saving/Background Modes – works in lock screen, home, or in another app
+In-app volume adjustment
+Timer to help you remember to practice and how long you did it for
+Universal app – supported on phones and tablets
Upgrade to Pro Version to enable Pro Features:
+LED/Screen Flash Mode *
+Vibrate Mode, makes you FEEL the beats *
+Subdivisions, including Triplet, Dot note, and many other patterns.
+Polyrhythms – play two rhythm tracks at once
+Favorite Mode – save and load your favorite settings
+Rhythm Trainer – helps to develop your steady beats
+Wirelessly share presets and playlists(cross platform between Android and iOS systems)
* LED Flash Mode only available for LED-Enabled devices
* Vibrate Mode only available for phones
=== About EUMLab ===
EUMLab helps you unleash your musical talent! With magic technology, EUMLab creates products that get you learning and playing music fast.
Find out more about us: EUMLab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook: @EUMLab
Questions? Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Pro Metronome on Apple Store: eum.io/prometronome
Thanks, everyone. We will keep making the best music apps for you.
A must have for every musician with a mobile phone or a tablet!
★ Volumes and Samples for Accent, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, Triplets
★ 24 High Quality Samples
★ Edit Length, Pitch, Decay, Attack
★ Custom Samples (WAV Mono)
★ A Huge Optonome
★ Tempo: 10-280 Beats Per Minute
★ Measures: 2/4 3/4 4/4 5/4 6/4 7/4 8/4 (1/8ths Triols and 16/ths by Volumes)
★ Silence measures
★ Flashlight Beats Per Minute
★ Light and Dark theme (Android 4+)
★ Optimized for tablets
Feel like donating?
Send a Bitcoin or two :-)
Find Accounts on device: to verify promo codes
This app is ad-supported (internet permission)
Wake Lock: to keep the metronome running
Vibrate: for vibration...
Camera: for the flashlight beat
Billing: you can remove the ads for the price of a beer or a coffee !
Use Audacity to convert your samples from every format to Mono WAV 16-bit PCM.
Beta updates from the Playstore!
Join this group:
Halloween pumpkin picture:
20BPM - In response to a wide range of tempo of 300BPM, body color you can also select the color you want.
You can beat engraving can select vibration or sound, beat out a rhythm he wanted with intuitive operation.
It will be to them help you in every scene if a man you involved in music.
List of features:
- Fine tempo tuning from 10 to 230 BPM
- Tap tempo
- Load and save presets
- Adjustable tempo signature for simple, compound and complex meters.
- From 2 to 20 beats per measure
- Beat subdivision as quarter, eighth, triplet, sixteenth, quintuplet and sextuplet notes
- Beat emphasis
- 4 soundpacks
- Adjustable volume
- Visual beat counter
- Italian tempo markings
- Automatically turns off when there´s an incoming call
- Runs in background
- Settings are saved automatically on exit
- INTERNET and ACCESS NETWORK STATE are required for ad-support only;
- ACCESS COARSE LOCATION helps displaying advertisement which is relevant in your location;
- READ PHONE STATE allows Mobile Metronome to stop automaticaly when there's an incoming call.
- WAKE LOCK garantees the metronome won't stop after screen goes off
-HTC wildfire: misplacement of toggle buttons on the screen
Also remember to check Mobile Metronome Pro on Android Market!
This application teaches you polyrhythms. You can hear what they sound like and the application provides a score based on how well you perform them.
The polyrhythm is visualised using the beat circle shown at the centre of the screen. This circle contains two types of beats. The beats are represented by coloured shapes placed along the circle's circumference, and are colour coded green or blue. When the green beat is heard you tap the screen where indicated, and likewise when the blue beat is heard, tap the screen where indicated. When you are happy you understand the polyrhythm you just stop tapping and the application will tell you how well you did.
This application uses Adobe Air.
★★★ Main features ★★★
✔ Real pendulum animation
✔ Ergonomic touch interface
✔ All popular time signatures
✔ 10 different sound sets
✔ High accuracy
Please send your feedback and suggestions at MetronomeApp@gmail.com
Even train the sense of rhythm alone is good, it is also good to instead of drummer in the session,
Can be used anytime, anywhere, definitive edition of the Android app "MetroDrum" appeared!
· 40 can be selected or more patterns!
- All you have to do is! Just press the Play to select the pattern!
· BPM corresponds to a range of 60-300!
· BPM other up and down buttons of one, can be changed in the three types of direct input, tap!
· ON / OFF of the pre-count function can be selected!
And stop when the fill-in can also be selected!
MetroDrum / Metro drum / drum / Metronome / Drum / Metronome
• Play / Stop the metronome with flash / vibration / visual
• Turn on tuner
• Record your play
• Select rhythm pattern
With NO touch, you can:
• Stop the metronome in battery-saving mode (by cover the proximity sensor).
Novel ideas are implemented by a heavy metronome and tuner user.
★ A tuner that listens your sound, and a pitch fork that sounds the exact pitch ★
★ Customizable A4 frequency (440Hz by default) ★
★ A real metronome shouldn't lag beats ★
and Soundcorset metronome never lag it.
★ Integrated recorder in one-touch ★
★ Flash metronome
If you can't hear the sound of the metronome, due to the speaker volume limit, use flash metronome instead. You can easily see the beats. Project the flashlight to the wall, then the entire wall will guide you to get the beats.
★ Large start button
to easily touch with your busy fingers
* Can be used with guitar ukulele mandolin violin cello viola bass drum flute harmonica clarinet trumpet
* Precise BPM control
* Intuitive volume control
* BPM Counter
* Accurate tuner
* Visual metronome using flash light of the camera
* Tuning fork, pitch pipe
* Free guitar tuner