Barcelona Vintage City is not a traditional guide. What makes it different, novel and original is that it allows you to follow the physical and historical evolution of the most emblematic sites and buildings of Barcelona, directly down on the streets or just from home, through more than 1000 geolocalised photographs ranging from 1860 to 1940.
The travel, photography, architecture and history lovers, or simply the old times lovers, will enjoy discovering how looked one hundred years ago more than 250 streets, squares, buildings and commercial establishments of this city, and how they have been transformed over time. You also will be able to visit the gorgeous interiors of a golden period which have survived thanks to the early photographic techniques.
The pictures are accompanied by a short historical and architectural description of the most remarkable sites and buildings.
The Barcelona City Council provides one of the biggest free public WIFI network in Europe.
- Interactive map with over 250 interest points
- Option to enable GPS
- Adjustable location radius for the interest points
- Alarm and/or vibration signal for proximity to the interest points
- Alphabetical interactive list of the interest points
- More than 1000 pictures arranged chronologically
- Tactile enlargement of the pictures
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan texts
- Link to the current interest point with Google Street View
The app is regularly being updated with new photographs and new points of interest.
Set up the location radius and the alarm signal... and start discovering the city!
For any questions, remarks, contributions or proposals, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com