This smartphone app is designed for anyone who needs to attend a government inland border facility to move goods into and out of the UK from 1 January 2021.
The service allows hauliers, freight agents or drivers to tell HMRC in advance that they’re attending an inland border facility because your goods:
* are moving to a government office of departure or office of destination
* are covered by an ATA Carnet
* require a CITES permit
If there is another reason you need to attend an inland border facility, you shouldn’t use this service. You should tell the onsite marshals the reason when you arrive.
You can also use this service to find out if a site is closed to help you plan your journey.
You can get update messages by:
* allowing push notification on your Smartphone app
* checking the user’s submission summary on the web service
* choosing to send a text message to the driver’s mobile phone or email
We’d like to encourage as many hauliers and drivers as possible to use this service. This will make sure you’re able to complete the processes you need on site as quickly as possible.
Use of this app whilst driving is illegal – it should only be used before commencing your journey or once parked up at an inland border facility.