Come hang around the Rock. Download the Visit Hanging Rock NC app to explore all there is to do and see. Our mountain, river, and more at your fingertips.
- Information about Hanging Rock State Park, Dan River, and Tourist Attractions in Stokes County, NC
- Find Activities and Things To Do
- Conveniently save events to your calendar
- Find Places To Stay & Camp
- Make Reservations to Stay, Eat, Play easily at the tap of a button
- Information for Visitors & Residents
- Instantly find things around you to see or do wherever you are
- Easily Connect with Local Businesses
Stokes County is the Piedmont's Playground. It is the perfect place for those who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking and horseback riding. Our counties tourism destination is anchored by two well known landmarks, Hanging Rock State Park and the Dan River. Both destinations receive thousands of visits a year, from people wanting to get out relax and enjoy the great outdoors. The county is quiet and largely untouched, making it ideal for both relaxing getaways to take in the beauty (both natural and man-made at the hands of local artists) and adventurous vacations full of rock climbing, zip-lining and relaxation during a drift down the Dan River by tube, canoe, or kayak.