Download the free Belfast Go Explore app and immerse yourself in an incredible virtual reality journey through Belfast.
The app is viewable with or without a Google Cardboard or other virtual reality viewer. It's compatible with a range of smartphones but we recommend using a Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S7 or Alpha for the best viewing experience.
Experience a 360 virtual tour around the city’s top attractions including:
- Titanic Belfast - the world’s largest Titanic visitor experience.
- Crumlin Road Gaol - 19th century prison which has witnessed 150 years of imprisonment, conflict and executions.
- Belfast City Hall - A centrepiece on Belfast’s skyline with a fascinating history and stunning architecture.
- Murals - From political themes to local heroes, these colourful wall murals are an integral part of Belfast’s modern history.
- Giant’s Causeway - A magnificent and mysterious geological formation, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- St George’s Market – One of the top indoor markets in the UK and Ireland, selling a range of fresh food, quality local arts, quirky crafts and unique antiques.
- Botanic Gardens - The beautiful gardens are home to Belfast’s Victorian Palm House and Tropical Ravine.
Explore a CGI world through various ‘hotspots’ in the app and learn more about Belfast:
- The Troubles Belfast’s famous peace walls separate the city’s nationalist and loyalist communities where they come within touching distance of each other. The walls were necessary lines of defence during the conflict known as The Troubles. Northern Ireland has moved on since then and is now an internationally respected example of how lasting peace and reconciliation are possible.
- Titanic The world’s most famous ship, RMS Titanic was built in Belfast over 100 years ago and, at the time of her launch, she was the largest man-made object on the planet.
- Game of Thrones The world-renowned HBO Game of Thrones TV series is filmed in Belfast’s Titanic Studios and if you head south out of the city, you’ll discover the filming locations for Winterfell, Robb Starck’s Camp and The Haunted Forest. Journey north and you can explore The King’s Road or perhaps even experience a cliff-edge drama on The Iron Islands.
- Belfast’s People It’s the ordinary people of Belfast that give the city its unique character. These are the witty, chatty and friendly locals, each keen to share their story.