Our England (United Kingdom) offline road map (route map) primarily displays roads and transport links rather than natural geographical information. Offline (United Kingdom) road map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and more detailed area around the cities: London, Southampton, Porsmuth, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinbourgh, Glasgow
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, parkings, restaurants, gas stations)
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the United Kingdom or the UK) is a constitutional monarchy comprising much of the British Isles.
This Union is more than 300 years old and comprises four constituent nations: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It occupies all of the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern portion of the island of Ireland and most of the remaining British Isles.
It's important to remember that the Republic of Ireland is a completely separate state from the United Kingdom, seceding from the Union and gaining its independence in 1922. The Isle of Man and the various Channel Islands are "crown dependencies", possessing their own legislative bodies for domestic legislation with the assent of the Crown. They are not part of the United Kingdom, nor of the EU, but are not sovereign states in their own right either. The UK has Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands as its nearest neighbours.
The 'Great' in Great Britain (Britannia Major in Roman times; Grande-Bretagne in French) is to distinguish it from the other, smaller "Britain": Brittany (Britannia Minor; Bretagne) in northwestern France.
The UK today is a diverse patchwork of native and immigrant cultures, possessing a fascinating history and dynamic modern culture, both of which remain hugely influential in the wider world. Although Britannia no longer rules the waves, the UK is still a popular destination for many travellers. The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom is London.
We’d love to hear your opinion, so please leave a review and tell us what you think.
● Sunday Times “App of the week”
● "...much more than just a travel guide..." - appmodo.com
● "...the best option for exploring and discovering the UK ..." - thesmartphoneappreview.com
● offline content helps you save money on roaming, city maps with free wi-fi spots
● direct booking and best deals for over 11,000 hotels in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, you can also find and book low cost flight, rent-a-car, or get a taxi
● travel guides for 38 UK destinations including: Belfast, Birmingham, Blackpool, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Cornwall, The Cotswolds, Devon, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Windsor …
● London tours, excursions, musicals and theatre booking
● guide to UK restaurants, shopping, pubs, clubs
● share your GREAT Britain experience on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and TripAdvisor
● local travel tips and phrasebook
● shopping tips and special offers
● weather forecasts for 38 cities in UK
... and much more.
mX Great Britain can help you discover many reasons why Britain is GREAT.
Talk to us on:
Published by: Mobiexplore
tags: UK, London, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
But if you are traveling to the United Kingdom Here are some Gems that are well worth a visit and are a little less known than the run of the mill place's.
If you are visiting the United Kingdom, try to visit one of these Gems i am sure you will be impressed.
To make that decision a little easier, we’ve created this app with our selection of the best places to visit to find history, mystery, fine architecture and spectacular views. Included in our selection is every kind of heritage site from ancient stone circles, Roman fortifications and Anglo-Saxon abbeys, to sports stadiums, historic houses and royal palaces.
This app has been brought to you by the team behind Discover Britain, Britain’s leading historic travel magazine, which is packed with news and features on our finest heritage sites, practical guides to our cities, coast and countryside and ideas and inspiration for days out and weekends away. With stunning photography and the best travel and history writers around, Discover Britain has everything you need to plan a holiday at home or learn about the events that have helped to shape our island nation. To find out more, visit our website at www.discoverbritainmag.com, or to subscribe at great prices visit www.subscriptionsave.co.uk.
We hope that our app will offer plenty of inspiration for your travels for the best that Britain has to offer, from Lands End and the western tip of Wales to the Highlands and islands of Scotland and everywhere in between.
1:125000(Roadmap),1:50000, and 1:10000 (Streetmap) maps
Compatibility with tablets
Full pinch to zoom and pan cababilites
No adverts or limitations
More detailed maps of the UK than Google Maps!
N.B. While we make use of the OS or Ordnance Survey maps API, we are in no way connected to them.
Please contact me with any issues you have before leaving a bad review, I appreciate knowing what is wrong with the app so I can fix it.
• Shuffle through Europe: Discover scenic panoramas in 30 areas around Europe
• Nearby Wikipedia articles: Find Wikipedia articles about the area around a street view
• Find An Address: Find a street view by typing in an address
• Find A Contact: Find a street view for an address in your Contacts
• Current Location: Show a street view of your current location
• Share: Share a street view via email, Twitter or Facebook
• History: See a history of street views you've previously discovered
• Favourites: Mark a street view as a favourite so you can find it again easily
• Zoom: Zoom by pinching the screen with two fingers
Europe, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belfast, Berlin, Bern, Brussels, Bucharest, Cardiff, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Geneva, Helsinki, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Monaco, Munich, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Riga, Rome, Stockholm, Tallinn, Warsaw and Zagreb.
Thank you to everyone who bought this app! If you have any issues or feature suggestions, you can contact me in the Settings section of the app.
The photo used in the feature image is courtesy of Flickr user Tom Mooring (the_tangible_t). The image is used in accordance with the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) license.
Read Your Contacts - Needed to show addresses in the Find A Contact mode
Full Network Access - Used to fetch new Street Views and to get articles from Wikipedia
Precise Location - Needed to display a Street View for your current location in Find An Address mode
With over 350 000 articles (rated 0-5 stars), it's just like having a universal travel guide always in your pocket. You will discover places, monuments and museums everywhere, even next to your home! Just select any of them to open the article on Wikipedia with pictures and detailed explanations.
You can also use 'World Explorer 360 Tour Guide' to prepare a trip wherever you go: each location is rated and can be easily localized on a map.
"World Explorer 360 Tour Guide" is incredible everywhere in the world. Want a travel guide for USA? "World Explorer 360 Tour Guide" will guide you in all US states, from Texas to Florida, Illinois or Ohio. Get lost in a US city: from New York to Los Angeles by Chicago, Washington or Houston, just ask to your universal travel guide ! You live in UK, Scotland or Ireland? Discover London, Birmingham, Dublin or Leeds like never before! Any travel to Canada? Just ask your worldwide travel guide for more info about Toronto, Montréal, Calgary or Ottawa! The same in Australia, should you be in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane! A travel to Europe ? From Paris in France to Roma in Italia, or Madrid in Spain, no monument will have any more secrets for you!
+ Over 350 000 rated points of interest to discover in English,
+ Geolocation for instant info on what's nearby,
+ Convenient search for almost everything in the World,
+ Units: miles and kilometers,
+ ... and much more to discover!
On the whole planet: America, Africa, Asia (China or Thailand...), from north to south, "World Explorer - Travel Guide" is the ultimate travel guide!
Guide optimized for your phone and TABLET: Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4, Ace, Tab 2, HTC M7, One, Desire, Sony Xperia, Nexus 4 and 7, LG ...
Why keep dreaming of that trip to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Just do it! If you could see the UK and Ireland for less than the price of a cup of coffee, why wouldn’t you?
Want to visit Westminster Abbey in London? It’s now only a click away. Walk around the abbey to view it from all sides, or zoom in on its architecture to get a close up view of its architectural style. Step inside Stonehenge and walk around to see what it’s actually like. Visit Piccadilly Circus and continue on to walk virtually anywhere through the streets of London while comfortably sitting on your couch.
If you're curious about the history behind the places you'll be visiting, we've got you covered. Each location has a link to its corresponding Wikipedia entry so you'll never be left wondering.
The Banqueting House
National Gallery (Inside)
National Gallery (Outside)
The British Museum
Royal Courts of Justice
St. Paul's Cathedral
Manchester Town Hall
Royal Liver Building
Clifton Suspension Bridge
The Eden Project
Gateshead Millennium Bridge
The Sage Gateshead
Angel of the North Statue
St. Patrick's Cathedral
The top 10 British heritage cities, outside London, are covered by this app:
1) Bath in Somerset
2) Cambridge in East Anglia
3) Carlisle in Cumbria
4) Chester in Cheshire
6) Edinburgh in Scotland
7) Lincoln in Lincolnshire
8) Oxford in Oxfordshire
9) Stratford upon Avon in Warwickshire
10) York in Yorkshire
The app includes an offline map of the UK, showing the location of each city.
Each heritage city is introduced using AUDIO COMMENTARY as well as text/photo's and a list of the top heritage sights you can discover there.
You will also find a complete OFFLINE STREET MAP of each city, showing the location of all the major places, as well as other useful information. Track your location on the maps (for devices with GPS).
Why not visit the heritage cities for yourself? You can choose and book hotels directly from the app.
THE APP RUNS OFFLINE (with the exception of hotel searches) - IDEAL FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS.
Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands are not covered by this application.
Application provides a regional view of the landscape which is similar in content and appearance to a typical road-atlas.
On the map you can browse:
- Cities, towns, villages, centres of population,
- Motorways and junction numbers, A and B roads,
- Some woodland features and wind farms location.
The app is ideal for route planning and geographic context. You can show/follow your current location and calculate distance between points using 'tap' action.
With this app you do not need the paper atlas any more. You will get same level of details - popular OS 1:250K scale and you will be able to check alternative routes just in few seconds.
The application provides support for geographic and British National Grids coordinates - set your default format in settings.
You always know where you are and how to get to your destination.
UK Map Atlas contains 1:50 000 Scale Gazetteer which is a GB reference tool and location finder containing 250,000 distinctive place and feature names.
Contains Ordnance Survey Open Data © Crown copyright and database right 2014.
England Travel is a application introduce the most beautiful places in England(London capital, Manchester, Liverpool,...). It also tells when and where tradition festival and events show.
If you are planning to travel to England. England Travel app must be useful for you. You can plan your trip right in the England Travel app. You can bookmark places you want to see, festival events to join, food to taste, beverage to enjoy.
England Travel app uses Google Map to direct to the places you want to see.
England Travel app is being developed and will have more information. If you have any comment or opinion please comment right in Google Play.
Thank you and have a good trip!
EXPLORE cities, museums, tourist and cultural attractions effortlessly. Be inspired by local stories in audio guides.
Seamless social media sharing means the story of your holiday can be easily shared with friends.
Enjoy the freedom of turning your vacation into an easy discovery experience - in a growing number of places in the world such as The Netherlands, England, Scotland. Find your personal guidebooks for cities such as Amsterdam, Florence, Istanbul, Barcelona, Prague, London, Munich, Rome, Stockholm and more.
ENJOY SUPERPOWERED SIGHTSEEING:
• Tap automatically into guided storytelling tours - thanks to location services (GPS).
• Share unique facts and special stories with your friends.
• Test your knowledge with entertaining quizzes.
• Avoid roaming costs before you arrive thanks to easy-to-download content.
• Quickly access localised stories with QR code reader & numeric numpad.
Easy travel with izi.TRAVEL!
Get all relevant, up to date information for 1326 tourist destinations, find the best accomodations,restaurants, bars, travel agencies, tourism information centers, sights and attractions witch is close to you. Its FREE and easy to use.
Main features of the Tourist Informator app:
- Up to date information, actualised by owners and tourist information centres
- Multilingual (romanian, hungarian, german, english)
- Over 17.500 Points of Interrest, with addresses, contact details, opening times, general information and reviews
- Integrated map for easier navigation
- All popular tourist destination
- InfoLive – List of all Tourist Information Centres from Romania
- Online or offline communication
Tourist Informator use an innovative multi channel marketing distribution and content management technology, that enables you to get up to date tourist information on infoterminals, websites (www.tourist-informator.info, www.trips-in.eu), iPads and smartphones and help interact with owners.
Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Edinburgh (i/ˈɛdɪnbʌrə/ ed-in-burr-ə; Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Èideann) is the capital of Scotland and seat of the Scottish Parliament and Government.
Located in the south-east of Scotland, on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, its population of 448,624 (in 2001) makes it the country's the second largest city.
The historical character of much of the city centre, comprising the Old Town and New Town, has led to its recognition as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city hosts several annual festivals including the Edinburgh International Festival, the Edinburgh Fringe and the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Other annual events include the Hogmanay Street Party and the Beltane Fire Festival.
Edinburgh attracts over 1 million overseas visitors a year, making it the second most visited tourist destination in the United Kingdom after London.