- Zoomable map with selectable event icons
- Winter road conditions
- Traffic incidents
- Roadwork and construction
- Current traffic speeds
- Roadside camera images
Learn about Nebraska's Law on wireless communication devices in vehicles at http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=60-6,179.01
This FREE all-inclusive outdoor guide was created in a collaborative effort between the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and ParksByNature Network®, and the next generation of the app is better than ever.
Powered by Pocket Ranger® technology, the app gives outdoor enthusiasts an environmentally friendly way to enjoy the parks. It contains everything you need to plan a trip to the state parks, navigate them once you get there, and share your experiences afterward.
Newly added features:
•New user interface (UI) with a sleek, more photo-centric home screen design.
•Photo galleries on each park description page.
•A new Explore feature to optimize search capabilities, allowing a 4-in-1 search by location, activities, category, and site name, making it easier to find the perfect recreational destination.
The app still has rich GPS features, such as:
•Advanced GPS Maps, complete with an accuracy and distance indicator, which allow you to access trail data, record tracks from hikes, runs, or bike rides, and view elapsed time and distance traveled.
•Easy-to-cache GPS Terrain Map tiles, which ensure that navigation remains possible in the event of lost mobile reception.
•Photo waypoint feature allowing you to snap a photo and mark and record the coordinates of plant life, animal species or landscape views. Post or share these remarkable finds with family and friends with the click of a button.
•Friend Finder feature that tracks friends and family around the parks.
•Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
Other standard features make exploring the great outdoors a breeze:
•Thorough information on all state parks including general policy, contact information, activities, trails, park maps and much more.
•Detailed, cacheable maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds.
•Up-to-date news, park advisories and weather information.
•Sharing features for sharing current positions, waypoints and recorded tracks via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
•A real-time Calendar of Events.
•Access to online reservations that make it easy to secure overnight visits.
•Plus so much more!
With the Pocket Ranger® in hand, prepare to bask in the vast natural wonders of Nebraska Game & Parks!
•The enhanced pro features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception; however, some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.
•Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Selection Quickly Takes You to the Nebraska County in Google Maps
• Great Experience for the Geographically Curious in Nebraska
• App Launches Quickly beating a Web Search Anytime
• List of Nebraska Counties Swipes Rapidly
Nebraska's vehicle license registration system uses a numeric code number to indicate the county of a vehicle's registration on the license plate tag. The county number is displayed as the prefix on the license plate.
The “Nebraska County Code Tool” list is sorted numerically by county code number with the accompanying county name associated. Selecting the county code number of interest will return a Google Maps search of that county name.
You'll know exactly the Nebraska county that car is registered in!
Find more information at
Connectivity required for the Google Maps search.
Gain access to useful information in the palm of your hand. This innovative outdoor guide, powered by Pocket Ranger® technology, brings the outdoors to your fingertips and helps you plan the perfect backcountry adventure. You will be able to locate Nebraska’s many fishing, hunting and wilderness sites and gain immediate access to on-the-spot species profiles, rules and regulations, and important permits and licensing details.
Advanced GPS technology enhances any trek through the woods, allowing you to record trails and use waypoints and photo waypoints to mark traps and keep track of wildlife sightings. With the app’s “Nearest Me” feature, uncover which wildlife resource management areas or public fishing areas are closest to you, so you can embark on your adventure right away. With the NE Fishing, Hunting & Wildlife Guide in your pocket, you’ll be able to spend more time hunting, fishing and wildlife viewing and less time trying to recall details from memory.
Pocket Ranger® provides plenty of other standard features and advanced GPS technology to maximize any backcountry excursion:
• Places to hunt and fish
• Species profiles
• Rules and regulations
• License and permit information
• Safety communication tool
• Advanced GPS mapping features
• Cache map tiles for offline use
• Record tracks, distance and time
• Mark waypoints and photo waypoints
• Recall, post or share saved data
• Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family along the way.
• Built-in compass to help users navigate.
• Trophy Case, a community of anglers and hunters!
• Real-time calendar of events
• News and advisories
• Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users’ GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.
• SECURITY ASSURANCE: THE POCKET RANGER® PLATFORM DOES NOT AND CANNOT MINE FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PHOTOS OR CONTACTS.
With essential fishing, hunting and wildlife viewing information at your fingertips, prepare to experience Nebraska’s great outdoors like never before.
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/pocketranger
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/pocketranger
• The enhanced features on the app are designed to function in areas with little to no mobile reception; however, some of the features require mobile data reception in order to function properly.
• Obviously, if you choose to call, text or email through the application, you understand that you are responsible to your service provider for any charges that may apply to communications sent from your device. POCKET RANGER DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO OR CONTROL OF THESE COMMUNICATIONS.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Date Range
- Type of Event
View information, history, and photos of the event. Also view a schedule for the event with the ability to add reminders for individual activities or the entire event. Reminders can use your phones notification bar or calendars. Mark favorites for quick access when searching for events.
Share app with friends on Facebook. Post to your wall and add events to your Facebook calendar.
Display interactive map and driving directions to the event.
Phone and Email shortcuts for your phone.
Links to additional information from Websites, Facebook, and Twitter.
The Pocket Catholic App is a very lightweight app that allows you to carry with you a searchable list of common Catholic prayers that can be said during the Holy Mass, Reconciliation, Lent or while in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. By clicking the buttons along the top of the app, you have the ability to:
- Find Catholic Churches near you based on your gps location.
- Read the Daily Readings
- Listen live to the Catholic Radio Station EWTN, and stream it while you navigate to other apps.
- Write down names, thoughts, etc. which are saved in the Note Pad area.
We will continue to implement new features, translations and prayers in future updates and encourage any feedback you may have. This app is made available for free and all I ask in return is that you keep my family in your prayers :) Thanks for the positive reviews everyone!