My Vadodara is a unique mobile app that includes basic features of a citizen-centric app (city information, complaints creation, property tax payment, etc.) and also focuses on interactive and live services that make the citizens feel responsible and empowered.
• Citizens can post complaints or concerns in My Vadodara app using GIS technology i.e. they can click a photograph of the concerned issue and post a complaint without providing any more specific details. The concerned officer of Mahanagar Palika receives the complaint with a red tag which converts into a green tag only after the issue has been resolved.
• A Panic button has been provided in the app for the safety of women and senior citizens. Upon pressing this button in an emergency, an SMS will be sent to the person’s family or friends so that help can reach them promptly.
• As part of the e-Governance activity, different taxes and facilities like fire, water, drainage etc. in addition to Property tax are also included.
• The app provides information about the location of public toilets, dustbins, garbage collection vans as well as routes of the city buses.
• Citizens can connect with various Social Media channels of Mahanagar Palika using this app to resolve their concerns, to get new information as well as provide suggestions and feedback to them.
• Citizens can get all the information about the time, date and location of public events such as cultural activities, exhibitions or plays scheduled in the city.
• Vadodara has many world-famous places of historical interest. The app uses beacon technology to give the users a live experience of these heritage places with live messages, photos, audio, video etc.
• Sayaji Baug is the oldest garden of Vadodara and is home to a wide variety of trees; among which, many are unique. These unique trees have been tagged with QR codes; when scanned, give all the botanical information about them including photographs. This information will be useful for students, botany enthusiasts as well as nature lovers. A similar approach has been taken in the zoo to provide information about the animals.
Botany Data Credits: Dr. Nagar, M.S. University