Want to read breaking news during driving, cooking or doing some things else?
Want to save your eyes from reading news on tiny mobile phone's screen?
You are blind or visually impaired person and don't want to miss any news from the world?
NewsBack is MADE FOR YOU!
NewsBack is a tiny, but feature-rich RSS reader that can save a lot of your time to get instantly breaking news.
NewsBack provides a new, quick and convenient way to read the news from your favorite online newspapers.
NewsBacks connects to thousands of news sources and provides latest breaking news from all corners in the world.
NewsBack has simplified UI that allows to read articles from various news websites by most comfortable way: Just click and listen!
By supporting media buttons of peripheral device, NewsBack can be safely used by drivers for listening the breaking news during long and tired roads.
Also, UI is specially optimized to work with screen reader, such as TalkBack or Shine Plus and it's incredibly suitable for blind and visually impaired people.
1."Click and listen" feature helps to get news being read aloud. Just relax and listen!
2. Over 70 Google News Editions are available by default.
3. Users can add their own favorite news sources e.g. their local newspapers.
4. Unique, powerful tool allows adding RSS feeds by quick and convenient way.
5. Import/export OPML files supported.
6. Auto updates the news from news sources regularly that you never miss any news from your favorite sources (see ATTENTION).
7. Auto reading all news by single click.
8. Supports multiple news sources in single interface.
9. Organizes news by topics & by sources.
10. Provides list of news from various news sources in a clean, easily accessible form.
11. Individual news can be shared, saved for offline reading or opened in web browser
12. Functional buttons are easily accessible.
13. Supports hardware media buttons. Reading can be controlled by single button of headset.
14. Supports auto language detection for multilingual news.
Supports full navigation by single headset button:
- Single click: move next item on main list.
- Double click: select current item.
- Triple click or long click (1-second click): move up (news list -> topic list > newspaper list)
b>How to use?
There is an user guide embedded within app. Read it before using!
You have to provide few permissions to NewsBack to get it work.
1. INTERNET: Of course, it is necessary.
2. READ_PHONE_STATE: This allows NewsBack to stop reading when incoming call is established.
3. RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED, WAKE_LOCK: NewsBack needs these for registering news auto update service.
4. ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: This is related to News auto update option: WIFI or Mobile Data.
5.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: required for import/export OPML files.
For Marshmallow and later Android OS, system suspends auto update news feature in doze mode (battery optimization mode) by default.
To switch this feature on, you have to disable battery optimization for NewsBack:
- Open Settings > Battery > Battery optimization
- Select NewsBack and choose Don't optimize.
This free beta version will work without any limitations till beta tests ends.