EnglishUp is a multiple choice game to learn vocabulary of other languages. Most used words in English ordered by use. For each one you get right, your score will add one. Search, play, listen to words to know their pronunciation and pass all levels. EnglishUp is not a dictionary. EnglishUp is not a translator.
The app also includes level with 169 irregular verbs and level with 803 phrasal verbs 803 .
It also includes button to suggest better translations or point out errors in the database . We are grateful that the database improves. Each 100 changes it will be updated.
The database includes translations in :
The speech synthesizer is available at:
*In most devices, speech works correctly, but if it does not work on your phone, just go to "voice input and output" in your phone settings and set the wanted speech motor.
*Dont hesitate to coment any problem or suggestion!
* EnglishUp not be used in isolation. It is simply to learn and review vocabulary. For a good learning be reconciled with other resources such as books or television series. The study of grammar is important to learn the language well. For this there are other applications that can help you with as you babbel or busuu. After this, a very useful and entertaining to assimilate the language is to see series that you like or even that you already know. But do not forget, whenever you want to expand your vocabulary, here will be EnglishUp. Best of luck!
*If you have a english academy or similar and you are interested on develop a level to promote your academy or for a specific theme or kind of words, just contact to email@example.com
* EnglishUp is officially on sale for any business application development or investor. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: learn, english, vocabulary, trivial, spanish, french, game
More than 70000+ words English to English dictionary.
Daily exercise for building vocabulary...
-Daily Word reminder
-Holiday functionality .
-Simple User Interface OR GUI.
This Functionality is useful for setting one day as a Holiday in week.
If you Set Holiday as "SUNDAY"
Then the application is stop working on Sunday only, and it will be running on other weekdays.
If you want to run Application Everyday then You Must set holiday as "No Holiday"
Translate word or meaning to any of the following language.
English - AFRIKAANS
English - ALBANIAN
English - ARABIC
English - ARMENIAN
English - AZERBAIJANI
English - BASQUE
English - BELARUSIAN
English - BENGALI
English - BULGARIAN
English - CATALAN
English - CHINESE_SIMPLIFIED
English - CHINESE_TRADITIONAL
English - CROATIAN
English - CZECH
English - DANISH
English - DUTCH
English - ENGLISH
English - ESPERANTO
English - ESTONIAN
English - FILIPINO
English - FINNISH
English - FRENCH
English - GALICIAN
English - GEORGIAN
English - GERMAN
English - GREEK
English - GUARANI
English - GUJARATI
English - HEBREW
English - HINDI
English - HUNGARIAN
English - ICELANDIC
English - INDONESIAN
English - IRISH
English - ITALIAN
English - JAPANESE
English - KANNADA
English - KOREAN
English - LAOTHIAN
English - LATVIAN
English - LITHUANIAN
English - MACEDONIAN
English - MALAY
English - MALTESE
English - MARATHI
English - NORWEGIAN
English - PERSIAN
English - POLISH
English - PORTUGUESE
English - ROMANIAN
English - RUSSIAN
English - SERBIAN
English - SLOVAK
English - SLOVENIAN
English - SPANISH
English - SWAHILI
English - SWEDISH
English - TAMIL
English - TELUGU
English - THAI
English - UKRANIAN
English - URDU
English - VIETNAMESE
English - WELSH
English - YIDDISH
Useful for GRE, CAT, CMAT, XAT, SAT, GMAT, ILETS exam also.
Thanks to Google Translator Version. for multiple language translation use.
Application require at least 55MB size on Phone memory for successful installation.
For Text To Speech TTS Engine need to be installed on your handset.
Thanks to this application to learn English, learn it as a game. This application is valid for adults and children with different levels also are updated the screens so you always have to learn new words.
This application serves to improve educational and learning advanced English vocabulary
This application is free and provides education to adults and children of all countries learn English: russia, north korea, south korea, germany, portugal, france, Spain, China, Denmark and any other country in the world speaks not English who want to learn the English language. It is valid for anyone, even adults because the vocabulary is varied, can use this tool toddlers to teenagers, even adults or the elderly. With this game you will learn vocabulary in a fun way like a mobile game.
Soon this application will be available for Android tablet with high-resolution images. Currently only applies to mobile and tablet. You do not need wifi to play the educational application.
It supports note and tablet samsung galaxy medium resolution and high resolution tablets.
With voices to learn American English vocabulary and English of Britain
Now, wordnik.com web dictionary integration provides you audio pronunciations and ways to further research important words at the tip of your finger!
~ Multiple word browsing methods for systematic learning.
~ Realistic test module.
~ Web resources integration for advanced learning.
~ Detailed test history to monitor progress.
~ Supports favorite/failed tags to help test preps.
~ Audio pronunciations for unfamiliar words.
~ Sleek and customizable UI with multiple themes.
NO nagging ads. Small ad bar only in main menu screen now to enhance your usage experience.
*** Your kind comments and ratings are highly appreciated to support our free development.
Are you preparing for TOEIC, TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, GRE, MCAT, PCAT or ASVAB exam?
If you want to score high, you need an extensive vocabulary. The dictionary in this app includes:
TOEIC (3420 words)
TOEFL (600 words)
GMAT (1400 words)
SAT (5000 words)
GRE (3750 words)
MCAT (1230 words)
PCAT (1190 words)
ASVAB (300 words)
For each word you will find a correct pronunciation (via your Android device) and translation to your mother language (via Google Translate - requires an internet connection, but only a little data).
This application will help you learn essential vocabulary. You can test and improve your knowledge in two ways: You can either match words with their meanings or meanings with their words. Every test contains 10 questions and each question has 4 answer options. You have to select the correct answer. In the end of each test you can check your answers.
During your study you can relax and still stay in touch with English language. Play some word games, like Anagram, CodeWord, Millionaire, Puzzle or Stop Word.
- 2000 most common TOEFL and TOIEC words and their audio pronunciations
- Three learning modes that help you memorize words faster and longer
- Hard word list which is automatically created during your learning process so that you can review them easily.
A version for iPhone/iPad is also available in Apple App store.
You can study anywhere with Vocabulary Notebook! In the bus, in the doctor's office, while watching football with your guy or while your girl is taking too long to get ready...
NOTE: This free app is limited to 10 words that allow you to try the app. There is an in-app purchase option to unlock this restriction for a very reduced price.
Check out the Pro Version with more functions than the free one.
- create a bunch of decks with your vocabularies in the appropriate language
- edit your decks and define auto-translation languages
- insert vocabularies to your decks
- import and export decks and lists
- edit or delete single vocabularies from your list (Long click on a item in the vocabulary list)
- learn with Leitner system, up to five boxes
- choose a box and learn flashcard words. To see the corresponding word perform a simple click on the card and it turns around
- change the language order to learn vise versa (Click menu button in Vocabulary Box tab)
- use the GoTo button to jump to a specific vocable number within a box
- learn in random mode
Create vocabulary flashcard lists on your pc or export some lists from your dictionary websites and import them into your decks.
Use www.dict.cc access in import/export section to download vocabulary lists. Export lists from the website on your SD card download folder and import the list into your app.
The app supports "Move App to SD Card" only available for Android version 2.2 or higher.
The app is free and supported by Google Ads.
Buy the Pro Version which is ad free.
The app was tested on:
Nexus S Android 4.1
HTC Desire S Android 2.3.6
Motorola Defy Android 2.1
Add Your own words and learn Your own way.
This English language learning widget can be great for those who learn English at school, language course or those learning by themselves. Every word has its english translation, and English phrase which will help You to learn. Application available with: German, French, Spanish, Italian and Polish translations...more versions soon
To add widget:
-go to phone's Home screen
-tap free space on screen and hold for a while
-than choose widget from list from pop-up menu
If You like my application - give it 5 stars, if not or You would improve something - write me an email, before giving bad note.
Children and young people can learn many words that will help them later in school having taken ease with the English vocabulary.
The vocabulary of English is very simple and is adapted to elementary children, including children and even secondary education that will help them learn the pronunciation of many words that they had on their English vocabulary.
This application will seem a game and will help them learn English effortlessly. Can play to view images of animals, numbers, colors, etc. while learning English. The management application is very easy, just have to click on a category of English words and then go see the photos from an animation and a voice that will indicate the pronunciation of all the words, so learn vocabulary English.
It is valid for children of all countries: Spain, France, China, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, Portugal, Japan, etc since the application has full English texts. Also applies to children who speak Spanish as children of Catalonia, Basque Country, Galicia, Valencia, the Balearic Islands and Asturias.
Very useful for children from Korea, China, Russia, Japan, Netherlands, Thailand, Germany, Czech Republic. All children Korean, Chinese, Dutch, German, Thai, Japanese, Russians and Czechs will love.
Soon we will have in this Android application:
- Section for painting, drawing and coloring.
- Section of puzzles and puzzle games with educational
- Section of music with songs in English
Applying English children's market is totally free download at no cost. We are preparing fully adapted version for tablet, android tablet version will have high resolution photos with effects more so that pictures are more colorful. This game is a little but not even a baby einstein einstein get your babies, children and teenagers to learn English as geniuses
The vocabulary ranges from basic to advanced level through an intermediate. Your baby and children can learn without being angry English language with many words and sounds.
This application is free and your vocabulary is basic level but also has more advanced words. There are many categories and frequently updated application.
No password is required to access or wifi this game.
- Sound play is available if your network is connected. It used google translate api as TTS engine.
- Vocabulary can be added to your favor list.
- You can remember your word in list mode or flash card mode.
- add example sentences with version 2.0, required network connection.
CATHIE (Camille around the house in English) contains something for everyone learning English thanks to the diversity of the app's functions.
The 50 videos in CATHIE were designed to enable any level of learner to understand the vocabulary in a clear context
- these videos contain over 400 words, including 120 irregular verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and more...
The three dictionary pages in CATHIE are unique
- the 1st dictionary contains the vocabulary used in the app and a simple click reveals a photograph of the word
- the 2nd dictionary is 120 irregular verbs, complete with sound file and examples
- the third dictionary is of the 36 actions from our videos.
CATHIE contains a games' page with four educational games designed to use the vocabulary and grammar in the app.
Our notes’ page allows users to store new vocabulary or other personal notes on their device.
About us and our teaching philosophy
Many foreign English speakers began their English studies at school, so after seven or eight years of hard studying. they should be able to speak and understand day-to-day English : we expect nothing less of our educational system. However, when the average student of English attempts to use the language outside a classroom and a notebook, they are unable to understand spoken English.
Why does our educational system focus so much on grammar and out-of-context vocabulary?
It is an interesting question and may be compared to learning how the engine of a car functions before we are allowed to get behind the wheel and drive. Schools still use a system from the 1800’s when students were required to drill Latin grammar and focus on translation and grammar rules entirely! This method of learning a second language has, of course, lost its extreme form and nowadays English teachers do incorporate listening, speaking and role plays in the English lessons. However, the very essence of English language teaching remains the same.
Students are instructed in English grammar, and regularly given new English words to memorize. After relentless English studies you’re expected to master the language by understanding how English grammar works and by being able to use vocabulary that’s acquired throughout years long memorization drills.
Our school, therefore, must cater for two different types of learners: those that would like to speak English and those that need to pass the exams imposed by the educational system.
While in many exact sciences you indeed can reap rewards by focusing on crunching numbers in your copybook, it just doesn’t work with languages! The only natural way to use the English language is to use it as means of communication, but if you go the path created by scholars, success is rare.
I have yet to meet a person that found the educational system interesting - for the most part they’re not so interesting at all because they focus on telling you everything about how the language is built. English syntax, grammar and vocabulary is scrutinized in detail and throughout your grades you’ll be required to learn more and more advanced English grammar rules, sentence structures, writing techniques and styles and so on and on.
I think that while the main focus in English learning needs to be put on acquiring natural speech patterns through speech, it’s still useful to know how the language is built. And occasionally doing grammar tests can give your English skills an edge, at least you can learn about differences between formal and conversational English that way.
Give your brain a workout!
-Word Of The day
-Synonyms and Antonyms test
-Get Instant Result
-Give exams infinite number of times with a new set of question each time.
-Review and learn from your mistakes.
-Complete Dictionary (offline also available)
No online connection required :)
Currently the following languages are supported:
Over 1000 words for each language pair suitable for primary school make it easy to get the basics of the language learned quickly. You can pair languages to learn as you like from the list above. Just click the flags :)
+ it's free
+ works offline
– the Vocabulary Trainer App that remembers the words you’ve looked up!
At last you can integrate the words you’ve looked up in the dictionary into your active vocabulary. Use your time on the move effectively - in a waiting room or at the bus stop, for example. With this app you can collect and practise the vocabulary you need wherever and whenever you wish!
Who is this app for?
It’s ideal for all learners of foreign languages who want to practise their vocabulary while on the move. With this app you can use the PONS Vocabulary Trainer on the road and at home. It’s simple: just transfer the vocabulary that you downloaded or practised while travelling, to your computer when you sign in at home.
What can this Vocabulary Trainer do?
• It collects the words you look up in the PONS.eu online dictionaries. So, you only learn the vocabulary that you need.
• You can add any vocabulary you like to the Vocabulary Trainer and thus tailor it to your individual requirements.
• With its methodological approach, the PONS Vocabulary Trainer adapts to your individual learning level so that you can successfully learn vocabulary.
• The Trainer teaches you new vocabulary step by step: five different types of exercise become gradually more challenging as you progress, so that you can master the fifth, most advanced exercise called LexiTest, where you translate a vocabulary item without any help.
• It can be used with all of the languages available at PONS.com: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
What can the app do?
• The following free vocabulary lists have already been prepared for you, so that you can get started right away: a German-English “Internet & Co.” vocabulary plus the most important words and expressions for travel, accommodation, eating and shopping in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Greek and Turkish.
• Look up words online in over 30 PONS dictionaries directly through the app. Then, simply tap on your looked-up item; it is then copied to your vocabulary trainer together with its translation. You don’t even need to use your mobile browser.
• You don’t have to be online to practise your vocabulary. The trainer retrieves your current entries and learning levels from your PONS user account, so you can use it for both mobile and stationary learning.
PONS, the “green” language-learning brand has over 30 years of experience in developing language learning materials and dictionaries for all walks of life, be it for school or study, for business, travel or for language lovers. More than 500 dictionaries and language courses from Chinese to Turkish meet your reference and language-learning needs, from beginning to advanced levels. Our diverse range of materials serve individual language-learning styles: tried and trusted dictionaries and grammar aids, audio and software language courses, apps and free online services, such as ww.pons.com. This is a free online-dictionary which covers 13 different languages, as well as a German Learner’s Dictionary and a German Spelling Dictionary, including all of the German spelling rules, which are of such importance in the learning of German as a Foreign Language.
PONS GmbH is an enterprise of the Klett Group, the largest educational publisher in Germany with 60 companies in 42 locations and 18 countries.
For more information about PONS, visit www.pons.com.
You can translate, collect & memorize words, phrases, idioms and other chunks of language.
Vocabla is like dictionary, that never forgets about your vocabulary.
It can help you learn 300+ English words/month.
How it works:
New English word? Add it to Vocabla. Memorize it.
It's like a game: collect words from your everyday life context or from your professional activities.
Have fun learning new vocab with interactive simple tests.
* You can learn English words using: Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Turkish, Portuguese, Polish. Other language? Learn using English definitions
* Different trainings: Flashcards, Multiple Choice Test
* Library with the best word lists ready to use
* Different levels of lists to learn from: for beginners, intermediate & advanced learners
* You can share lists with other learners
* Your progress stats
* Users ranking
* Custom word translations
* You can learn pronunciation with sound to practice your spoken English. Audio will improve your speaking skills (Go Pro Plan)
* You can synchronize between multiple devices (Go Pro Plan)
Also available on your computer: http://vocabla.com