Scan paper documents with the camera and recognize text. Listen using built-in text-to-speech. Save and export. Unlimited use: no subscriptions or additional charges.
State-of-the-art A.I. for OCR and text recognition: Fast and accurate, even in poor lighting conditions. Works entirely on device: No need for internet and your data stays private.
ScanTone, a sound that represents the amount of recognizable text in the camera's field of view in real time. It uses artificial intelligence to analyze the live feed from the camera for text, angle, rotation, and document edges.
Export scans as plain text or PDF with embedded text to another app, or save them on your local device, iCloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Works with Legere Reader, our full-featured text-to-speech reader. After downloading this app, you will be able access the scanner directly from Reader. In addition, you'll be able to read scanned PDF documents in Reader.
Detailed Feature List
- Live edges/crop detection
- Batch mode for scanning multiple pages quickly
- Intelligent auto capture
- Automatic edge detection for stretching and cropping
- Manually cropping
- Automatic orientation detection and rotation
- Manual image rotation
- Automatic image enhancement
- Fast: a couple of seconds on the modern phones
- Offline: does not require Internet connection
- Private: image and text stay on device
- Automatic language detection
- Option to see image or recognized text
Text To Speech
- Premium voices in Legere Reader available
- Change speech rate
- Option to start reading as soon as OCR is complete
- Spoken word is highlighted in the text or the image
Import and Export
- Load from Photo Library
- Share extension for sending images to Scanner from another app
- Export plain text
- Export PDF with text layer under the image so that it's accessible, searchable and selectable
- Export to Legere Reader as PDF
- Only languages using Latin alphabets are supported. It works all language supported by Legere Reader except: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
- Sometimes reads multi-column text layout out of sequence.