Imagine if you could watch videos and write emails at the same time using your tablet! Or compare two web pages side by side, or take notes alongside a web page. Well, you can do all of that and more!
Split Browser is two browsers in one, working side by side. It lets you browse two web pages independent of each other. You can open links from one half into the other half. It also includes a notepad that allows you to take notes from a web page. You can open multiple tabs and swap them between two halves. You can also resize the two halves to suit your needs. Simply put, it is a powerful tool for multitasking.
Best suited for tablets and "phablets".
- - - - -
Requires Google Play services (4.2 or above) to be enabled. Look under Android Settings > Applications. Not all videos can be cast (Flash videos, YouTube, live streams, etc). Low resolution videos might not look the same on your HD TV as they look in a small screen. Play videos in full view to cast.
Android KitKat (4.4) devices may be slow in loading webpages when connected to Chromecast. We'll fix this in a future release. Until then load the web page first and then connect to Chromecast. Thank you for your patience.
Steps to cast videos: https://sites.google.com/site/appestry/sb#cast
See the main demo video for detailed casting instructions: http://youtu.be/fnKnVt6oY4A
- - - - -
Here's a quick rundown of its important features:
• Resize the two browser halves by dragging the yellow divider line.
• Rotate yellow divider (vertical/horizontal) independent of the screen orientation.
• Watch videos in full view within each half.
• Cast videos to Chromecast using the remote.
• Start new tabs and switch them between the two halves.
• Copy the current page over to the other half.
• Open links and bookmarks in the other half and/or in a new tab.
• Autocomplete address input from bookmarks and history.
• Press and hold back/forward arrows to view history and jump to a page in the list.
• Manage history across all tabs in one place, sorted reverse chronologically showing the time of last visit.
• Search for text in the web page in either halves separately.
• Separate clipboard option to paste the last 10 items copied.
• Open notepads in either halves to take notes and save/share them.
• Select text to copy and paste between two halves and notepads.
• Links to useful tools like calculator, translator, converters... etc.
• Remember form data and passwords.
• Clear cache, history, cookies, form data and passwords.
• View pages in desktop mode.
• Works in dual view in Samsung devices that support multi-window mode.
• Works in both cascade and dual views in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets.
Additional features only in full version:
• Option to restore previously open web pages and tabs upon restart.
• Import bookmarks from HTML files generated by Split Browser, Chrome or Firefox.
• Export bookmarks to HTML file for backup and sync with other devices.
• Option to view bookmarks from the device - if shared by the default browser or Chrome.
• When using Chromecast it displays the video playback status on TV screens.
Be sure to check out the trial version to make sure it works in your device before buying this full version.
Video review by @howtomen: http://youtu.be/bm5uoVhghh0
A quick look at multi-window support: http://youtu.be/1Czhk8OXAnM
You might experience text input issues with SwiftKey keyboard in some websites. We are currently working to resolve this issue. More details in this SwiftKey forum thread: http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3749006-nothing-is-written
Keywords: split-view, multi-view, dual-view, split-window, multi-window, dual-window, split-screen, multi-screen, dual-screen, dual browser, double browser.
Ever wished you could always open a particular web site, on a particular web browser only, regardless of whichever app /widget you clicked the link?
What if your phone had the ability to automatically choose one web browser when connected to mobile network data and another one on WiFi?
How many times have you been pushed to the mobile version of a site, despite clicking the link to the desktop version?
Wouldn't it be great to always visit the desktop version of a particular site of your choice while allowing other sites to take you to the mobile version?
Introducing Browser Swap, the intelligent companion app for your web browsers.
Browser Swap is not designed to replace your favorite web browser. Instead it will work with all your browsers & give complete control over all your web browsing sessions. It offers the following features:
1. Network Swap (GSM & CDMA supported)
This feature allows you to set one default web browser while you are on 2G connection, a different one while on 3G/4G and a third one for WiFi as well. For example:
WiFi - Dolphin Browser HD (great browser with addons, suitable for high speed connection)
3G/4G - Android Browser (default browser, works fine for most users)
2G - Opera Mini (best for low speed connections or when you need to save bandwidth, loads pages much faster using it's Turbo mode, but sometimes page rendering looks bad)
Sure you can just open any browser you want and simply start browsing. But what about those links you click on your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other generic widgets? Those links take you straight to your default web browser, regardless of your connection type and speed. With Browser Swap, you can now configure which browser should handle all those clicks, under what connection type (2G/3G/WiFi).
2. Domain Swap
With Domain Swap you can select which web browser should load a particular website. For example:
google.com - Miren Browser
news.google.com - Dolphin Browser Mini
facebook.com - Opera Mobile
It even finds full links that have been converted to short urls like bit.ly, t.co, fb.me, tinyurl.com and more (over 130 url shortening services supported)
3. Browser Jump
Using Browser Jump you can move a website from one web browser to another, without all the usual copy-pasting of links. Use Share menu in the web browser and select Browser Jump from the list. Now you can see a list of all installed web browsers, from which you can select which browser you want to jump to with the currently opened website. As simple as that. No more copy/pasting and opening/closing.
4. Browser Launcher
When you install Browser Swap, you will find 2 apps in your app drawer - Browser Swap and Browser Launcher. Browser Swap will open the main configuring app that will let you control all the browser settings. What Browser Launcher will do is load your favorite browser based on the Network Swap setting you configured. For example if you are on WiFi and have configured Network Swap to open Opera Mobile when on WiFi, clicking on Browser Launcher will open Opera Mobile, ready to start browsing.
So basically you get 4 apps for the price of one. Set Browser Swap as the default web browser, configure it to your needs and you can simply forget about choosing the right browser, on the right connection, for the right website.
If you want to test the features of Browser Swap in detail before buying, please install the free Browser Swap Lite which is also available at Android Market. It is a full featured Browser Swap app that offers free trial for 15 days and has absolutely NO ADVERTISEMENTS inside.
Browser Swap has been tested with the web browsers given below. Even if your favorite web browser is not in this list, it will most certainly work fine. If not, please let us know.
* Easy to use
* Simple 2 step process to save unread websites to your online Reading List on 'Read It later'. Option to save to Reading List available from browsers 'Share page' menu
* Login once to verify your credentials, the system will not ask you to login again while saving links
* For the default Android browser, long press the address bar to directly access the 'Share page' menu
* Supports saving of URL from some Facebook and Twitter clients with the 'Share option'
Note that you will need to setup an account at http://readitlaterlist.com in order to use this service.
Tested on HTC Wildfire Android 2.1(Eclair) & 2.2 (Froyo)
* Please email for specific hardware support and any other bugs/comments/feature-requests
ReadItLater, Client, Links, Share, readitlaterlist.com, Bookmark, Send, Browser, Social, Twitter, Facebook