This is a fully functional time limited demo of FlightMap. Each launch of the application will get 5 minutes of server updates and then stop updating airplane location and gauge information. To close out of the application and get another five minutes hit the Android back button and not the home button then relaunch.
FlightMap is a second screen navigation utility for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (P3D). Use FlightMap to plot your simulated location and flight plans on Google Maps in real time.
FlightMap uses a free server component called FlightConnect which runs on the same computer as the Flight Simulator. FlightConnect must be installed and running before FlightMap will function. FlightConnect is available for free from my website at:
FlightMap offers the following features:
- Designed for tablets with a screen size 7 inches and larger
- Maps simulated aircraft position in real time on top of Google Maps.
- Supports Standard, Satellite, Hybrid Satellite, and Terrain map types.
- Over 25 selectable aircraft to use as the aircraft display icon.
- Compass rose overlaid on the map view for easier navigation and orientation.
- "TRK" Toggle: Ability to switch between north up and plane heading up in the map view.
- Database of over 500 major airports throughout the entire world that can be shown on the map
- Support for ad-hoc flight plans via the built in plan mode.
- Shows distance to waypoint and estimated time to waypoint based off current airspeed in Adhoc flight mode.
- Full FSX and P3D active flight plan support in the FlightMap "GPS" mode.
- Compatible with most 3rd party flight plan tools. Just load the flight plan in FSX or P3D and it shows in FlightMap
- Display next waypoint information including ID, Distance, Altitude, ETE, CTS, and DTK in FSX/P3D Flight Plan mode
- Supports FSX/P3D airport approach modes. Next approach waypoint will be plotted when active
- Simulated gauges for Air Speed, Altitude, Heading, and Fuel Levels.
- Automatic Gauge Selection for Airspeed Indicators: 100, 200, 360, 450, 540, 900 knot Gauges supported
- Gauge support for smaller tablets via a sliding window from the top. Tap or pull down the shade to show the gauges.
- Simple network setup. Just run FlightConnect on the pc and hit launch in FlightMap to connect