This Bible’s proven, common-sense approach to studying the Scriptures appeals to high school students and college readers. Its thoughtful, carefully researched features will help overcome common obstacles to reading and understanding the Bible. Written and edited by award-winning authors Philip Yancey and Tim Stafford.
* Complete NIV text
* Book introductions and overviews
* Insights provide background information on key passages
* Guided Tours offer a bird’s-eye view of the Bible
* Highlights present short commentary on specific verses
* 100 People You Should Know
* Indexes, glossaries, and study helps
* Subject guide
Passages that once puzzled you become clear as you explore God’s Word and uncover the meaning of Scripture using the insights extracted from the Zondervan New International Version Quest Study Bible.
Includes the complete New International Version of the Bible and over 7000 Questions & Answers from the Bible.
* Browse through an ever-changing variety of compelling, and often difficult, questions about the Bible.
“Is it OK to question God?”
“Why do material things make me feel good?”
“Why does God allow bad things to happen?”
“Are people just pawns in God’s chess game?”
“How involved should Christians be in caring for the earth?”
* Connect with Facebook to share your answers and see what others think.
* Discover solid answers to Bible questions that will unlock over time.
“Does God have a specific plan for my life?”
“How can we handle guilt and regret over our past decisions?”
“What are angels and how do they interact with the world today?”
Like no other, this unique app addresses the common, uncommon, and perplexing questions people ask about Scripture. See for yourself!
"A great Bible. In a nutshell, it will help you make sense out of what is going on and how a message fits into your modern-day life."
"People always seem surprised when I tell them my favorite book is the Life Application Study Bible. I just love everything about this book."
The LASB App is filled with features that you love, including:
• Nearly 10,000 Life Application notes and features that help explain God’s Word and challenge you to apply its truth to your life today.
• Profiles from the life experiences of the best-loved and most-despised figures in the Bible.
• A deeper understanding of God’s Word through vital statistics, overviews, and timelines.
• Major themes outlined in short studies at the beginning of each book.
• Over 200 maps and more than 260 charts along with the text.
• Additional translations available for purchase via the In-App Store.
• Highlighting allows you to easily emphasize passages.
• Copy-and-paste multiple verses quickly and easily.
• Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies.
• Powerful folder system allows you to organize notes and bookmarks.
• Easily email notes to yourself, family and friends.
• Share on Twitter and Facebook.
• Optional red letter Words of Christ.
• Adjustable font sizing.
• Universal app optimized for Android Tablets and Phones. Buy once and use on both devices.
"TYNDALE", "New Living Translation", "NLT", the New Living Translation logo, and "Life Application" are registered trademarks of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. "Life App" and the Life App logo are trademarks of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
- the words of Jesus, Matthew 18:20
Life is a journey. It can add perplexing questions that sometimes do not seem to have answers. However, we can find all answers through the study of the Bible. BSWM is a platform designed to discover the answers pertaining to the everlasting love of Jesus Christ, His second coming, heaven, death, prophecy and how does all of this pertain to us. Choose a topic from our growing selection of lessons to study with another or alone. Our goal is that all will come to a better understanding of the character of God and help others in the same way. At any point in a study, if you would like help with a difficult passage or a different perspective on the subject, the 'Ask for Help' feature will send your request to people that are ready to help.
- Study the Bible alone, with a friend, or let BibleStudyWithMe find you a study partner.
- Lesson author's comments are automatically injected into the study at the appropriate times.
- Share a study question and it's comments with your friends.
- At any time during the study, ask for help and a knowledgable Bible guide will join you to help answer your questions.
Guidelines let you take your Bible study with you wherever you go. The week-by-week structure inspires thought, prayer and action and supports both daily and intense bursts of reading and reflection. Try before you buy with our sample readings then decide on which length of subscription you'd like to the Guideline service.
This unique Bible reading resource offers in-depth study, drawing on the insights of current scholarship. It is written by a global pool of leading scholars and represents a stimulating and thought provoking breadth of Christian tradition. This new Guidelines app means that you can build your own personal reference library to keep on your device.
The weekly readings or Guidelines are broken into six separate sections, with an introduction giving context to the passage and a final section providing points for thought and prayer. Fit your readings around your work or home routine, and read as many or few sections as you wish on any given day. Each contributor makes suggestions of books for further study.
- Click on the weekly sub-section to see your readings for that week
- Build up your own personal reference library of Guidelines commentary – all downloads are permanently stored on your app
-Readings displayed in book page format, so no need to scroll down and lose your place
- Book format lets you swipe onto the next reading effortlessly
- Browse by contributor, date or bible book
- Use alongside your own bible or use the links to the Bible Gateway online resource
- Downloads are all stored within the app so you can access all readings without an internet connection
The Guidelines app comes with two Guidelines worth of free readings, that you can keep and use on your device forever. Subscriptions for 1 or 12 month periods for future readings are available for purchase within the app.
Guidelines is commissioned by Canon Dr Jeremy Duff and edited by Lisa Cherrett.
Guidelines is a publication of BRF. For more about BRF visit http://www.brfonline.org.uk/iphoneapps
Originally written in 1706, Matthew Henry's six volume Complete Commentary provides an exhaustive look at every verse in the Bible.
Matthew Henry's well-known six-volume Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708–1710) or Complete Commentary, provides an exhaustive verse by verse study of the Bible. covering the whole of the Old Testament, and the Gospels and Acts in the New Testament. After the author's death, the work was finished (Romans through Revelation) by thirteen other nonconformist ministers, partly based upon notes taken by Henry's hearers, and edited by George Burder and John Hughes in 1811.
Henry's commentaries are primarily exegetical, dealing with the scripture text as presented, with his prime intention being explanation, for practical and devotional purposes. While not being a work of textual research, for which Henry recommended Matthew Poole's Synopsis Criticorum, Henry's Exposition gives the result of a critical account of the original as of his time, with practical application. It was considered sensible and stylish, a commentary for devotional purposes.
Famous evangelical Protestant preachers such as George Whitefield and Charles Spurgeon used and heartily commended the work, with Whitefield reading it through four times - the last time on his knees. Spurgeon stated, "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths.
1. Import bible. You can get bibles from http://drupalbible.org , or make your own;
2. Read bible off-line;
3. One-click swtich bible version, if you've imported multi-bible versions;
4. Search bible context;
5. Bible commentray import;
6. Bible version management, remove versions you don't need;
7. Copy verse into clip-board;
8. Verse text size setting;
9. Desktop widget.
This App is free-imported any bible version which is in correct format. You may offer any issue on http://drupalbible.org.
The title of this Bible Study can only be true if you help us out. Avoid the items that don't work for you. Continue to use the items that speak to you. The bible studies are done quickly with the hope of inspiring you to be able to replicate anything you see here and find new and interesting ways to talk about the ways God is in our lives. And most of all, we hope this project will remind you that no matter how many times people have lied to you about it, God does in fact love you. Just as you are and all that you will become.