$40 is slightly higher than most peoples’ co-pays, even lower in many cases, and a video visit is much faster and more convenient than going into a doctor’s office. Think of the time you’ll save not having to take time off work, drive to the office, wait in the waiting room, etc.
Here are some common reasons to use Doctor On Demand:
-Cold, flu, cough, fever, allergies
-Short term-prescriptions & prescription refills
-Urinary Tract Infection
-Pediatric fever, advice or other issues
-Rashes / bites / skin problems
-Sports Injuries, athlete’s Foot
-General medical question, “Should I go in for this or not?”
An important note about prescriptions: There are some medications that are just not appropriate (or legal in some cases) to prescribe over video chat. They include: controlled substances, such as narcotics/opioids, certain sedatives or muscle relaxants, medications that require administration by a healthcare professional or training for first-time use, medications that require regular monitoring by a healthcare professional, some psychiatric medications and oncology drugs.
This service is also not available in all states - we are available where state law permits.
Rebuilt from the ground up for Android, you can now rapidly access valuable information to help you manage the most common nighttime situations.
Please make sure this app fits your needs before buying; it is designed primarily for junior residents, interns and medical students.
"If you have ever needed a quick reference to learn on the fly or been stumped by a late night call while cross-covering and you are willing to spend a few dollars to avoid that feeling, you should consider this app."
“It has all those handy little things that drug guides and medical references just don’t capture concisely.”
“I would pay at least double the cost for this handy little reference.”
Dr Jessica Otte, drottematic blog
In medical school, we learn a lot about diseases and the basis for their management. However, we are traditionally less exposed to apparently easy problems like pain, nausea or hypokalemia. Quite often, those issues are brought to the attention of the nursing staff in the evening. At that time, the treating team is away and you're on call, running all over the hospital.
MD on Call gives you tips on how to QUICKLY assess and manage (acutely) common problems so you can go on assessing the next patient, or to your room to get some well deserved sleep. -- it is NOT meant to replace a textbook --
✦ Issues ✦ 26 frequent on call situations (including management of some specific conditions)
Acute Coronary Syndrome
Agitation / Violence
Dysuria / UTI
Nausea / Vomiting
✦ Labs ✦ Common electrolytes abnormalities (including management)
Hypo Ca, K, Mg, Na, PO4, glycemia
Hyper Ca, K, Na, glycemia
✦ ECG ✦ Normal and abnormal ECG values, with examples
✦ Misc ✦ Suggestions on how to write orders for admission, "comfort measures only", "on call" notes, OR and procedure notes.
Transfusions: general information and common reactions
Misc: CSF values, opioid conversion...
✦ Lines and Tubes ✦ How to manage common problems, such as a blocked NG tube.
✦ Search ✦ Search using acronyms or keywords
Feedback is more than welcome : visit the website for more details
This publication (application) is to be used as a guide only. It is intended only for use by licensed medical practitioners and medical students. Every doctor (or prescriber) is responsible for their actions. This guide is not meant to replace clinical judgment.
The authors of MD on call make no claims regarding the accuracy of the information contained herein. The authors of this application and its content shall not be liable for any injury and/or damage to persons or property arising from the use of this application.
It is the responsible of the licensed prescriber to verify the indications, contraindications and dosage of the medication (and actions) they prescribe.
1. Add Patient to database. Balance due is automatically calculated for you once you enter the Amount Due and Amount Paid. Say goodbye to the calculators. Schedule appointments. Search Patient by entering partial data.
- Color Themes available for skin or background and buttons.
- Securely Export or transfer Patient files by connecting device to your PC.
- - Create your own custom templates for commonly used scenarios. UNLIMITED templates can be created. Just ONE tap to select template, chart
2. Securely Export or transfer patient files by connecting device to your PC.
3. Export-Import to share data with existing applications by uploading and downloading CSV files. Its perfect for bulk or mass data upload to/from your existing system. If you are a hospital, you can use this feature to send/receive the files to/from other apps.
4.Schedule appointments and view them by day, week, month or year. Remind patients via SMS, email or phone call with just a click of a button. We even pre-fill the message for you that you can customize as you please. Supports Google calendar sync.
5. Backup your data so you can store it safely or transfer it to the other mobile device or PC. Backup file is created each time you press Backup. You may copy the old file to different folder on SD Card or to your PC or to any other device including a different SD Card. You can navigate using File App that's already installed on most devices.
6. Add multiple photos, images, voice (for medical transcripts ), files and video attachments to Patient Visits to capture various needs such pictures before and after treatment. You can also scan or take a picture of lab reports, x-rays etc. Use Update Visit Menu to view previous attachments.
7. Update patient and appointments.
8. Print or Save HTML or Text formatted data from the app to email or to SD Card so you can Print it or Transfer to your PC or other devices.
9. History - View the historical record of the visits and account balance.
10. Add Visit
11. Bills/Collection - View Daily Collection of Amount Paid. Balance Due Report - Allows you in just one click to text, call or email your patients who have balance due. Pre-fills the text message and email with the default friendly message that you can change as you please. We also pre-fill the number to call and to text to the patient. You can change the number or email if you need to right on the same screen.
12. Update/Delete Visit - Press and Hold the visit on History page to see the menu
13. Detailed HELP.
14. Contact Us - We value your opinion and seek your advice for implementing future features. Email us especially before leaving negative feedback. Thanks!
Like us at
- FREE for LIMITED TIME / TRIAL
Just as a reference so you can decide, here is the list of some of the professionals the app is useful for or is being used by:
Dentist, Nurse, Midwife, Health Specialist, Therapist, Clinician, Eye Clinic, Pathology labs, Physician's assistant, School nurse, Pediatrician, Homeopath, TCM, Ayurveda, Surgeons, MD, MS, MBBS, OPD, BAMS, Paramedic, EMT, Optometrist, Patient Manager, Gynecologist, Cardiologist, Orthopedist, Orthodontist, Dermatologist, sports physio, hypnotherapist, Medical CRM and student and school as well as interns, EMR, EHR. Hospital can use the app as patient registration system. Useful for quick and easy patient intakes, first-aid or records by disaster volunteers, fire fighters or similar organizations and emergency responders during calamities such as fire, earthquake, war-zones, storms, tornado, hurricanes etc
This app does not provide medical advice.It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on this tool. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial your country emergency number.
***This is a fully functional trial!***
* Effectively manage calls in the hospital with coverage of topics such as Approach to Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems; Documentation; Assessment and Management of Volume Status; and AIDS, HBV, HCV, Influenza, and the House Officer.
* Access key information on the most common on-call problems and approaches with consistent, templated coverage of what to do from the initial phone call, ''Elevator Thoughts,'' how to immediately identify major threats to life, and what to do at the bedside.
* Learn the questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation, and master the ideal approach to diagnose and manage patients, communicate with colleagues and families, and avoid common mistakes for every call.
* Understand the major threats to life you must consider before arriving at bedside.
* Find information quickly with an easy-to-read format, color highlighting of medications and other critical information, and a unique layout designed for fast reference.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections