▪ Search with Google, Bing, Yahoo, blekko, or DuckDuckGo
▪ Stop search engines and ISPs from tracking your searches
▪ Anonymize your IP address, browser cookies, and other personal info
Disconnect Search is developed by Disconnect, a Certified B Corp that creates award-winning, user-friendly privacy and security software. For more info and help, go to our website or follow us:
Askeroid is a mobile desktop search widget. We offer 300 different Web search engines in our online catalog, and the number keeps growing! Add Askeroid button or bar widget to your home screen, choose one or more buttons for your most used search engines, and enjoy the full power of vertical search. Add your own search engines in our online crouwdsourcing platform.
We search all vertical areas you may ever need:
- knowledge bases (Wikipedia, IMdB, HowStuffWorks, WolframAlpha)
- dictionaries (Dictionary.com, Thesaurus.com, Merriam-Webster, Canoonet)
- translation services (Google Translate, Lingvo, Multitran, Zargan, Dict.cc)
- files (4Shared, 2shared, HotFileSearch)
- torrents (The PirateBay, Demonoid.me, ISOHunt, KickAss, Toorgle, µTorrent, UTorrent)
- music (AllMusic, Pandora, WhoSampled, Jamendo, Last.fm, Spotiseek)
- videos (YouTube, Vevo, Blip.tv, Criticker)
- images (DeviantArt, Flickr, Creative Commons, Google Images)
- social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Hyves)
- questions and answers (Answers.com, Quora, ChaCha)
- mobile apps (Android Market, Amazon, 1Mobile, AppBrain)
- classifieds (Craiglist, KiJiJi)
- e-commerce (Amazon, Pricegrabber, BestBuy, uSwitch, Dealspl.us, Bondfaro, Mercado, Allegro)
- events (TicketMaster, GrooveTickets)
- maps (Google Maps, Yandex Maps)
- health (WebMD, PubMed.gov)
- news (CNet, Bay News 9, Engadget, Reddit)
- urban culture (Urban Dictionary, Snopes)
There are many other websites and verticals you can search with Askeroid. Do you know that there is a search engine for all things about peanuts? Try The Peanut Roster.
If you have no idea what search engine fits your need best, use a new focused no-spam search engine (Blekko, DevilFinder, DuckDuckGo, Mooter, Beaucoup, Copernic) or natural language question search (Ask.com, True Knowledge,). You might be surprised at how good they are!
You can also use an old fashioned general purpose search engine (Google, Bing, Ask, Yahoo,) or try meta search across them all (Dogpile, Webcrawler, Hotbot). Several search engines can even make you some money (Swagbuck, MyPoints).
If you live in a non-English speaking country, we have for you national search engines (Baidu, Yandex, Terra, Eniro, entireWeb).
If the search engine you need is not listed or found inside Askeroid, use a feature "Not found" to send me a message. I quickly fulfill most (but not all) requests - please do not ask for warez or porn! You are free to use such search engines but not through Askeroid.
Askeroid widget may appear on home screen automatically after installation if your Android version and security settings allow it. Add it to Home screen manually if it does not appear.
To install a widget:
1. Select the screen where you want your widget to be.
2. Either press Menu and then Add to Home or long press on the empty space on the screen until an Add menu appears.
3. Press Widget.
4. Select Askeroid 1x1 or Askeroid 4x1 widget type.
Askeroid customization screen will pop out. Select the search engine(s) and visual style you like and press BACK arrow when done.
You can add more than one Askeroid widget to the same screen or different screens. Each widget can have a different set of search engine icons. However, each widget must also be customized separately.
1. Press an icon of the search engine you want to use.
2. Type on the on-screen keyboard. Your search string will appear in the search field above.
3. When done, press the search "Magnifying Glass" button on the right.
Your search results will be in the browser window that will open.
To cancel, press a BACK key once to close a keyboard and twice to close the search field.
NEED HELP ? FOUND A BUG ?
Write to Linda at email@example.com or visit our Facebook page
Just type in a fraction of the name of the App you want to launch - most of the time 3 chars are enough.
If you have an Device with Jelly-Bean or newer you can use the Google Now gesture to open this app.
The app is smaller than 70kb
FAST is an recursive acronym for FAST App Search Tool
You can choose between 3 Themes:
#3 transparent ( try this with some Live Wallpaper :)
A single click launches the App - a long click gives you 3 Options:
#1 Go to the App details
#2 Open the App in Google Play
#3 Open the App as a Notification for FAST access at a later time
The App is GPLv3 - you can find the source on GitHub: https://github.com/ligi/FAST
Big thanks to http://github.com/jfreax for his contributions!
Tags ( sorry but otherwise this tool is hard to find ;):
opensource launcher search apps free easy simple fast small GPL github super ultra uber mega speed launching applications notification appsearch app-search quick productivity launch time saving power user java github open source home replacement
Pick from more than 90 built-in searches, enter a site and have Spiffy Search try to add it automatically, or enter a new search by hand.
Supports easy drag-and-drop reordering of searches.
As seen on:
Meetroid - http://www.meetroid.com/?p=57210
Best Apps Market - http://www.bestappsmarket.com/p/app?id=111179&title=spiffy-search
Forget about typing queries into your browser to get information, instead use CamFind to take a picture and learn!
* Internet Search Results
* Related/Similar Images
* Price Comparisons and Online Shopping
* Related Places and Address Finder
* Film Poster/DVD Recognition
* Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Text
* Ability to upload and save images to or from Camera Roll
* QR and Barcode Scanner
* Language Translator
* Voice Search
* Text Search
* VoiceOver compatible
* And much more…
Download CamFind now to experience a mobile search like never before.
Google Gesture Search Launcher
Launch Gesture Search from the app or from the Notification bar
An incredibly useful feature which works hand in hand with Google Gesture Search and makes the Gesture Search accessible at any time
Ever wondered if you can search Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia in one go.
NOW YOU can do it using Quick Search.
Also you can follow the popular Search Trends from Google Trends.
DOWNLOAD the Best Search app yet on Google Play. I am sure you'll LOVE IT.
1) Web Search
Search anything on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Twitter, Aol.com, About.com in one go
2) Image Search
Search your favourite images on Google Images, Bing Images, Yahoo Images, Picasa, Flickr, Pinterest in one go.
Not only that you can DOWNLOAD THE IMAGES TOO by Long pressing the image
3) People Search
Search for Entrepreneurs, Celebrities on Wikipedia, IMDB, Forbes in one go.
Also find what they are tweeting in TWITTER
Like their FACEBOOK pages.
4) Search Product Reviews
Read expert reviews, articles on your favourite gadgets on CNET, TechRadar, T3.com, Engadget, Gizmodo in one go.
5) Search News
Hunt for News on your favourite topics in one go on Google News, Yahoo News and Bing News
6) Search Stocks
Get quotes on your Stocks and read Financial News on Google Finance, Yahoo Finance and Investopedia.
Find the meanings of words you come across from Wikipedia, Wikitionary, Oxford dictionary and Wordnet in one go.
8) Code Search
Are you a developer.
Search answers for your technical queries on Google code, Stackoverflow in one go.
9) Search Travel Topics
Looking to travel somewhere. Want to know about that place.
Search Wikipedia, Wikivoyage, Wikitravel in one go
10) Question & Answer Search
Get answers for your questions from Ask.com, ehow.com and Answers.com in one go
Compare prices on Amazon and Ebay in one single go
12) Russian (ру́сский) Search
Search Top Russian (ру́сский) sites like Yandex, Mail.ru, Rambler, Google Russia, Yahoo Russia, Wikipedia Russia in one go.
13) Chinese (汉语) Search
Search Top Chinese (汉语) sites like Baidu, Soso, Sogou, Youdao, Dangdang, Taobao.com, Google, Yahoo China, Wikipedia China in one go
14) Japanese (日本語) Search
Search Top Japanese (日本語) sites like Baidu Japan, Hatena, Goo, OKWave, So-net, Nifty, Google Japan, Yahoo Japan, Wikipedia Japan in one go
15) Korean (한국어) Search
Search Top Korean (한국어) sites like Naver, Nate, Daum, Danawa, Google Korea, Yahoo Korea , Wikipedia Korea in one go
16) Hot Search Trends
Get to know the Hot Search trends of your location from Google Trends
Much more features to be added...Watch out for updates.
The content provided is owned by the respective sites from which it is fetched.
This app is only an intuitive, easy, organised way of making search easier.
With the app you can quickly find any information on the Internet.
- Search Mail.Ru allows you to search images, videos, mobile apps, news, answers to various questions and listen to music.
- Voice search is also available. Just tap the microphone icon and pronounce your request. Everything else Search Mail.Ru will do automatically.
- While typing use search suggestions and rephrases to save time or better express your search.
- On the main screen, Search Mail.Ru has quick links to popular sites: Odnoklassniki, Twitter, Mail.Ru, My World, Vkontakte and Facebook. Also you could check top news.
- Switch between an unlimited number of sites in tabs.
- Save your favorite sites as bookmarks, for quick access you can put bookmarks on the home screen.
- New customizable widget gives you access to the search functions from the home screen of your Android-powered devices .
With Mail.Ru search application you will have fewer questions to the universe!
* Search all file types
* Search by file name
* Search by file extension
* Wildcard support "*"
* Limited Regexp char support "^,$"
* Blazing Fast Search engine
* Threaded results so you don't have to wait till search finishes
* Show Thumbnails for pictures and movie results
* Open folder location (requires file manager app ES, Astro, File Expert, File manager, etc...)
* Share/Send file
Add it to your home screen: Menu > Add > Widget > Pink Search for Google™ (OR) Hold down any empty space on your home screen > Widget > Pink Search for Google™
Look for this app in the Google Play store in 7 other colors:
- Black Search for Google™
- Purple Search for Google™
- Blue Search for Google™
- Yellow Search for Google™
- Red Search for Google™
- Green Search for Google™
- Orange Search for Google™
This app is not affiliated with Google Inc.
See below for pricing options.
Now also available for Chrome: http://goo.gl/ETMNa3
Play Videos directly on your Smart TV
vGet supports DLNA/UPnP to play (cast) videos directly on a DLNA-Device in your local network. Many devices out there support DLNA, for example Smart TVs, XBox, MediaCenters, AllShare Devices etc. As opposed to many other DLNA-tools, vGet does not relay the video stream over your mobile device but streams directly from the internet. This saves battery life - the video even keeps playing when you switch off your Android device completely. So vGet offers Chromecast-like functionality without requiring additional hardware.
It also supports Chromecast.
Download any video for later offline viewing. vGet includes an integrated download manager that supports multiple concurrent connections to speed up downloads. It automatically increases the number of connections as long as this improves the download speed, if supported by the server.
Play embedded videos with the player of your choice. Choose any installed Video-Player (e.g. MXPlayer, VLC, etc.) to stream them directly without downloading. This even works for flash videos.
vGet works as a simple web-browser and is therefore able to detect HTML5-Videos on any site. It can even detect some flash-videos, without requiring flash player to be installed. Note that support for flash videos is limited, so don't expect it to work on every site. But it has been reported to work quite some sites, including putlocker, sockshare, movshare, novamov, filenuke, played, nowvideo, clicktovie, nosvideo, videozed, faststream, nowvideo, potlocker, putme, bitshare, streamcloud, movreel, vidstream.in, xvidstage, billionuploads, primeshare, ginbig, ...
This is a trial version that is limited to a 14 day trial period. The trial can be unlocked inside the App (in-app billing) for ~3.30 € plus VAT, if applicable. You'll see the exact price in your local currency before you buy it. Buying it removes Ads and allows to use it for a unlimited time on all your devices that use the same Google-Play account for installation.
Alternatively it can be used for free by recommending it to others using the integrated referral feature. Each successful referral earns you one additional month of free usage. There is no limit to this rule. So you can use it free indefinitely by referring enough users.
Why don't you offer vGet completely for free without requiring referrals?
Developing and maintaining an App costs money. For some very popular Apps, Ads can cover these costs. Unfortunately that doesn't work for vGet. We think that the 14 day trial period should allow you to figure out if actually want to use it. Charging for vGet is the only way to keep working.
But it's way too expensive: Well, you often don't even get a pint of beer for that amount. Also be aware that we've to spent at least 2/3 of the price on transaction fees and taxes.
- Youtube is not supported due to terms of service restrictions.
- No support for any streaming formats (HLS, rtsp)
- Flash videos are not detected on all websites
Reasons for App-Permissions:
- Full network access: required for downloads and DLNA.
- WLAN-Multicast: required for DLNA to detect local devices.
- USB-Storage: required for saving downloads.
- Start at boot: to resume downloads automatically after rebooting.
- Prevent sleep mode: required while downloading to keep active downloads running.
- Accounts (use accounts on the device/find accounts): Used as authentication for the optional referral feature.
If you experience any problems or have suggestions for improvements, please report them on http://vget.w69b.com/bugs.
the best of Image Search App !
Image searching app is best efficiency which we are proud of.
This app is for practical use of searching image.
we support five ways to searching image.
1. search image from my/your smartphone.
2. search image in the website and press url for image search.
3. search image with searching words.
4. search image with taking directly from camera.
5. Search by sharing directly from Android Gallery
In other ways you can download when you found the image.
Or use searched image to search image again.
After searching, you can decide to press link longer which open with browser or open in the app.
Reference: If link transfer doesn't work press longer~! you can use link transfer.
Also reference the video.
It is latest image searching concluder made for that you can use very easy way in mobile environment.
This app is usuable in these situations.
1. you have image but you don't know who it is.
2. you have image but you don't know what kind it is.
3. What if someone use my/your image and curious about it.
4. when you took pictures and searching image.
5. when you use specific keyword to search image.
6. image that you have and it is suspicious about it.
7. when you want to find similar image.
8. when you want to find image with the others.
From most of image searching app, this app will develop more better and to be best in mobile environment.
give us different kinds of opinions~ and it will be helpful to make more better app.
we will convergence your opinions which makes this app develop more best in the future.
the king of image search app!
High until image search app. This app is more developed.
yours image search on mobile
Introducing a (very) simple mailing list application that can:
1. Allow your members to enter their name and email address
2. Export the database to your phone's SD Card, or share it via Email/Google Drive
3. Support multiple lists
4. Edit/Remove entries right from your phone
5. (NEW) Email members of a list directly through the app
Please contact me by email if you want a custom version of this application.
I do this for fun in my spare time, so if you find any bugs please let me know, and I will try fix them asap
More features coming soon:
- Merge lists
- Custom lists
(and a few more)
This is an ad-supported version, however, if there is enough demand, I will release a paid, ad-free version as well.
I have kept this application very basic and simple to allow me to iterate very rapidly.
(to serve ads)
(to export to SD card)
Open Source Libraries used:
- Open CSV: http://opencsv.sourceforge.net/
Per account, you can indicate the appropriate action executed after you passed away. Options include:
- Close account
- Transfer account to someone else
- Display a personal message on the account
Storing passwords on-line is not needed.
You will prevent:
- The bereaved needing to close down your digital life. Without detailed knowledge of your accounts this can be a very difficult quest.
- Continued profiles, confronting your network with automatically generated birthday reminders, friendship invites etc
- Your photos staying on-line, potentially being used by others in the future
- Facebook friends or Blog followers being left without a personal goodbye message
Account-Closer: very reassuring!
More information: www.account-closer.com
Account-Closer is provided by MyFarewell B.V.
MyFarewell aims to enable people to determine what happens after they have passed away.