M. Emett Wilson was a Professor of Instrumental Music at Ohio State University.
Listening to music is fun; playing music is more fun; playing music by ear is the most fun of all.
If the player remembers the music he is playing by means of his ear, he is playing by ear. But most players who have learned to play by the traditional method of reading notes on a page and then punching keys on an instrument do not trust to their ears to tell them what is coming next.
Instead, they remember the notes by name or by their chord name, or they have a visual memory of how the notes look on the page, or they use some other nonmusical system of recall.
Naturally this turns their attention from the sound of the music and encourages the habit of watching keenly the mechanics of playing with almost total disregard for the music itself.
People who play by ear are generally considered to be especially talented. This is entirely a fiction. They do not play by ear because they are talented; rather they are talented because they play by ear. They use their ears in determining what is correct to play, and this constant activity develops their ability to manipulate musical sounds.
*** On Sale Now! (Normal Price $14.99) ***
Get it now before promotion ends!
Countdown for blastoff... X minus five, four, three, two, X minus one... Fire! From the far horizons of the unknown come transcribed tales of new dimensions in time and space. These are stories of the future; adventures in which you'll live in a million could-be years on a thousand may-be worlds. The National Broadcasting Company, in cooperation with Street and Smith, publishers of Astounding Science Fiction presents... X Minus One.
Initially a revival of NBC's Dimension X OTR Sci Fi (1950–51), the first 15 episodes of X Minus One were new versions of Dimension X episodes, but the remainder were adaptations by NBC staff writers, including Ernest Kinoy and George Lefferts, of newly published science fiction stories by leading writers in the field, including Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein, Frederik Pohl and Theodore Sturgeon, along with some original scripts by Kinoy and Lefferts. Included in the series were adaptations of Robert Sheckley's "Skulking Permit," Bradbury's "Mars Is Heaven", Heinlein's "Universe" and "The Green Hills of Earth", " Pohl’s "The Tunnel under the World", J. T. McIntosh’s "Hallucination Orbit", Fritz Leiber’s "A Pail of Air", and George Lefferts' "The Parade". (Wikipedia)
34 OTR Sci Fi Episodes:
The Seventh Victim (1957-03-06)
The Lights on Precipice Peak (1957-03-13)
At the Post (1957-03-27)
Martian Sam (1957-04-03)
Something for Nothing (1957-04-10)
The Discovery of Morniel Mathaway (1957-04-17)
Mans Best Friend (1957-04-24)
Inside Story (1957-06-20)
The Category Inventor (1957-06-27)
Skulking Permit (1957-07-04)
Early Model (1957-07-11)
The Merchants of Venus (1957-07-18)
The Haunted Corpse (1957-07-25)
End as a World (1957-08-01)
The Scapegoat (1957-08-08)
At the Post (1957-08-15)
Drop Dead (1957-08-22)
The Native Problem (1957-09-26)
A Wind Is Rising (1957-10-03)
Death Wish (1957-10-10)
Point of Departure (1957-10-17)
The Light (1957-10-24)
The Coffin Cure (1957-11-21)
Shock Troop (1957-11-28)
The Haunted Corpse (1957-12-12)
Double Dare (1957-12-(19)
Target One (1957-12-26)
Prime Difference (1958-01-02)
Gray Flannel Armor (1958-01-09)
The Iron Chancellor (1973-01-27)
The Android App "X Minus One Old Time Radio Volume III" is a full featured media player with:
Selectable Table of Contents to allow to jump to the start on any of the chapters.
Adjustable Progress Bar to allow to jump to any spot in the current playing chapter
Previous Chapter Button
Play / Pause Button
Fast Forward Button
Next Chapter Button
The "X Minus One Old Time Radio Volume III" App will not use up your data plan's minutes by downloading the audio files (mp3) over and over. You will download load all the data when you install the App. The "X Minus One Old Time Radio Volume III" App works even in airplane mode and in places without Wi-Fi or phone network access! So you can listen to your audio book anywhere anytime! The "X Minus One Old Time Radio Volume III" App automatically pauses when you make or receive a phone call and automatically resumes after the call ends. The "X Minus One Old Time Radio Volume III" App will continue to play until you exit the App or pause the reading so it is perfect for listening in bed, at the gym, or while driving into work.
Following servers have been tested: rhythmbox, mt-daapd, firefly, tangerine, forked-daapd. Many NAS devices have a built-in DAAP server. (Sometimes DAAP is called iTunes Music Sharing)
* Caching the database index locally for faster access to the music. The index only needs to be refreshed if you added new music to the library.
* Should have no problem importing large music libraries ( > 20'000 songs)
* Songs, albums and playlists can be downloaded in the background and will be added to a local playlist which will show up in the playlist section of many music players.
* The application has an offline mode feature to play your files on the sd card
* Cover Art support: Covers are loaded from the id3 tags and/or from the last.fm website
* Custom UI for Android Tablets
* Control music playback from your bluetooth headset buttons and from inline headphone remotes
* Basic Homescreen Widget
* Supports last.fm scrobbling using simple last.fm scrobbler
* Lockscreen player control in some custom roms (e.g MIUI)
* Playback stops on incoming calls, headset removal or when another media player is started
Youtube Demo videos:
Running on Samsung Nexus S
Running on Asus EEEPad Transformer
This effective music audio player let you easily find, play and manage your audio and mp3 music files with it's easy interface. Also with features such as equalizer, shuffle, play lists..
This app comes in two main parts, and gives you:
* A three part audio translation of one of my most popular music marketing guides. This guide is 15 minutes long, and gives some special music marketing tactics not usually talked about. By applying the marketing information from this guide, you should be able to move your music career faster then ever before!
Note: This guide is not narrated by myself Shaun Letang, although the original guide was written by me.
* Links to websites with further reading. If you want to learn more about how to promote your music, then you're in luck. I provide you with links to further websites I own which are updated with new music marketing guides daily. Check them out.
If you want to learn how to promote your music, this is the place to start. It doesn't matter if you're an independent musician or you've been signed to a record label for the last few years, you can still learn how to market your music. So download this app, listen to the advice, and put into practice what you learn.
Music Industry How To.
Music Marketing World.
Quick search all music files, HD playback, Powerful equalizer, free to get this perfect audio player and media player.
This mp3 music player is not only based on artists or albums, but also based on the folder structure. And more than 3 desktop widgets make your music play never been so easy.
Over 22 gorgeous background skins to make your music player look more outstanding,
The unique equalizer make your music sounds like you've never had before.
This music player is not only based on artists or albums, but also based on the folder structure. And more than 3 desktop widgets make your music play never been so easy.
Over 20 background skins to make your music player look more outstanding, and these also make your music player get the next level experience.
The unique equalizer make your music sounds like you've never had before.
MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF, MIDI, AAC, AAC , 3GP, XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX, MO3, MP4, M4A, OTA
- Browse and play your music by albums, artists, genres, songs, playlists, and album artists.
- 3 simple home screen WIDGETS (4x1,2x2,4x1).
- High quality decoding with mp3,mp4/m4a,wma,flac and ape;
- Smart Playlists for easy access to your favorite and Most Played songs.
- Music Library wide SEARCH. Find all your music never been so easy.
- Lyric support.
- Five band equalizer.
- More then 20 types of pre-set music tone for your choice, or you can manually adjust the equalizer.
- Manually pick your preferred album artwork, artist pictures, genre illustrations from the Internet, the Gallery app, ID3 tags, or album folder.
- home screen WIDGETS
- NOTIFICATION STATUS support: display album artwork, title and artist, play/pause, skip forward and stop CONTROLS in notification status.
One of the most successful and high quality music players for Android.
Play audio track from local devices
Action bar support
Set track as ringtones
Shuffle, random, delete track
Add track to already playlist
Create, delete, rename playlist
Search for track, album, artist
Play in background
Sort current track playingt by drag and drop listview
Note, it's almost impossible to completely sanitize the web. This app doesn't guarantee the user won't see inappropriate content, but it certainly makes it less likely.
Baby Buzz turns your phone into one big button. When pressed, the phone will briefly vibrate (buzz), change the screen color, and then scroll through 1-20 and then the alphabet with each subsequent press.
It will retrieve a list of songs, shuffle them, and immediately start playing
- No messing with lots of buttons to get your tunes rolling
- Only two LARGE buttons: pause and next
- Super fast way to start your music with a single click
This is the FREE version, which means it's ad supported. Want to the full version (with no ads)? Check out https://market.android.com/details?id=com.waconiasoftware.justplay
Great for when sitting at your desk or in the car. Textboard
* Displays current time in large text
* Displays battery percentage
* Displays number of unread text messages
* Displays a quote of the day, retrieved from the Internet, every 15 minutes
* Provides a "play/pause" button for music or podcasts
* No configuration needed
* Click on the app icon, and a picture is automatically taken with the rear camera
* App doesn't even change your screen. Subtle "click" message is shown when you snap the photo.
* Photos stored in your "Pictures" folder. From there you can email or post to Facebook.
* Only phone permissions needed are to access the camera and store the picture on the phone
* Works as a silent camera (depending on phone)
There are lots of unit conversion apps out there, so why use this one?
* Easily convert between various pressure and temperature units
* Conversion happens as you type, no extra button presses needed
* Pressure and temperature conversions on the same screen
* Lower part of screen stores a history of the conversions you performed
* This app doesn't ask for access to your phone or network connection
Additional unit support may be available upon request.
Use this app to quickly and easily determine if your mobile device can reach the Internet. If not, then maybe your home Internet connection isn't working (even if your wifi router is) or your celluar connection is very poor. To determine if the Internet is reachable, this app will attempt to connect to google.com.
Great app for travelers connecting to new networks for the first time.
Designed for LARGE phones, YATL is spreadsheet-like todo list that
- is easy to use
- tracks the status of each task (e.g. action needed, waiting for something)
- stores your task list in a plain tab-delimited text file
- supports emailing yourself the todo list as text file
Web Match Game (Free) is ad supported. For the ad-free version, check out http://market.android.com/details?id=com.waconiasoftware.webmatch