A high battery drain is often a limiting factor for a great user experience.
With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions:
- Spot drainers based on detailed information about the root cause
- measure the effect of actions to reduce drain, following a simple method
- detect changes in the awake/sleep profile and quickly find the causes (rogue apps)
In other words BetterBatteryStats helps you gettings the best experience with your smartphone.
Please don't use the rating system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
If you experience problems with your superuser app keeping asking to grant su rights don't blame BetterBatterStats but try another superuser app instead.
Keywords: better battery stats, wakelock, kernel wakelock, partial wakelock, reduce battery drain, optimize battery life, save battery, battery drain, saving battery, network stats, alarms, CPU states
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing dumps to the SD. In case you don't need that feature please feel free to revoke that permission. It won't have any side effect besides disabling that feature
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statistics and can not be revoked without making the app unusable (from Kitkat on BBS will have to be installed as a system app to access this permission)
- android.permission.DUMP from Kitkat on BBS can be installed as a system app to access this permission. It is required to access dumpsys without root for a better performance
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access the online Knowledge-Base. You can revoke this permission
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE This permission can be revoked
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is required for cleaning references. Revoking this permission may affect the results of kernel wakelocks and custom reference until new references were saved
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE is required to detect when the phone was turned on/off in order to store references for advanced diagnosis
- android.permission.DEVICE_POWER is required to detect when the phone is disconnected from the charger and store the corresponding kernel wakelock reference. Revoking this permission will lead to losing "since unplugged"
- android.permission.BLUETOOTH is required to fix a bug where the communication to the batteryinfo service stops working
- android.permission.READ_LOGS is required to allow logcat dumps to be saved. You can revoke this right and will lose only the ability to save logcats
BetterBatteryStats is open source so you can inspect/review/contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
All you have to do is simply download the app to your android phone and activate the service by entering the profile ID and PIN.
profile ID: 17747
Then you can save your WiFi Roaming account user name and password in the app.
Select the wifi network by picking the network with the Dialog wifi roaming icon. To find out hotspots, select “Find Hotspots” option in the bottom right-hand corner.
For more information contact us on +94 777 999 777 or email to email@example.com
Types of mobile applications available
• SMS Apps
• USSD App
• Android Apps
TRIAL Limitations: Only fully functionable from 100-70 % battery.
DrainGuard should help you to watch the consumption in standby. Standby? The time between a ScreenOff and a ScreenOn. DrainGuard informs the user when turning the display on about the battery consumption. This is quite exact configurable, a 2-stage log file is provided if requested, when a too high drain occurs in standby the user is notified, some values can be displayed via minimalisticText widget.
The intelligence of DrainGuard - the special in it:
It would be easy to indicate "only" the difference between ScreenOff and On and would also be not very expressively.
A small example:
Take an average drain in standby of 1% / h.
if you dont use the phone for 5 hours -> 5% of battery consumption
If you use it now for 1h you get ex. +/-15% drain, in the next 1 hour of standby it DOES NOT use ONLY 1% as before, but approx. +/-3-4%. The battery needs apparently "to calm down" for some time again. Thats the 1st point of Drainguard. This "calming down" can be skipped.
Another problem of measurement are the short ScreenOn's. ex. "what's the time?" “have I missed a phone call / SMS?” or a short telephone call etc....
These short breaks would interrupt the measurement which would not be necessary. The 2nd point of DrainGuard: these short ScreenOn's can also be skipped.
The DrainGuard PRO Key app is available in market. Just install it and the TRIAL automatically becomes a FULL Version.
Please try the TRIAL version until you are sure, it works properly on your device!!.
Further details at our homepage!
Information about minimalisticText variables and Permissions at our homepage!
battery drain info akku analyze verbrauch log akustisch warnung statistik stat statistics widget anzeige batterie prozente