With one touch you can reverse your walking route for the journey back.
Taking advantage of your phone's location-awareness, the map can be set to follow you as you walk.
Following walking directions has never been easier!
Select between a direct (i.e. the quickest) route or a 'less busy' one that will try and avoid major roads and favour off-road paths through parks and by waterways.
Link in with Bus, Train and Metro journeys by planning your walking routes from stops and stations to your destination.
Walkit Network West Midlands gives you access to free walking route plans within the following districts:
'walkit Hull' can help you find your way on foot around Kingston upon Hull.
With 'walkit Hull' you can generate both optimised A to B routes and circular routes. Each route includes a map, a set of written turn-by-turn directions, an estimated walking time (according to a slow, medium or fast pace), a journey distance (miles and kilometres), a Calorie burn and a carbon saving.
Taking advantage of your phone's location-awareness, the map can be set to follow you as you walk. Following walking directions has never been easier!
For A to B routes you can choose between a direct (i.e. the quickest) route or a 'less busy' one that will try and avoid major roads and favour off-road paths through parks and by waterways.
With one touch you can reverse your walking route for the journey back.
It’s easy to find your way by following a route with 'walkit Hull' - but don’t forget to pay attention to what is going on around you. It’s important to take care when walking around your city, and especially when crossing roads. One of the pleasures of walking is really seeing the places you are walking through - whether taking the opportunity to look at beautiful or interesting buildings, noticing the change in the trees and flowers you see around town as the seasons pass, or simply watching the world go by. So do look at the app when you need to clarify your direction - but don’t forget to look up!
Please note that this app uses your phone's built in GPS. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 'walkit Hull' app has been made possible thanks to Hull City Council (http://www.hullcc.gov.uk) and Active Hull (http://www.activehull.co.uk/).
New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
+ Singapore, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels, Lisbon, Amsterdam/Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Mexico City, São Paulo
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City" - New York Times
★ Grand Prize Winner of NYC MTA App Quest 2013
★ Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (Mobile World Congress/GSMA)
★ Play Pick, Apps to Watch, Top Developer (Android, Play Store)
★ Designs of the Year 2014 (London Design Museum)
★ Essential App of the Year (Stuff Magazine)
★ International Startups of the Year Nominee (Crunchies)
Citymapper is reinventing the urban transit / transport app in the world's most complicated cities, specifically for Android devices:
* Subway / metro, bus, cycle / bike sharing, train / rail, tram, ferry, cab / taxi, Uber and walk. Citymapper is a comprehensive A to B journey planner including ALL transport modes and step-by-step navigation
* Uber integration: Order an Uber directly through Citymapper
* Route planner lets you save locations of frequently visited places like your home, work, favorite bus stops, subway / train stops or bike dock stations to use in future routes!
* Transit tracker enables you to find the nearest local transportation to use
* Subway maps or train maps of your city available offline
Transit Schedules & Departures:
* Metro, subway, bus and train schedules. Get real-time data, live times and info for all modes of transport where available (next bus, subway, train times)
* Arrivals and departures listed for every bus, subway or train
Traffic Info & Disruptions:
* Traffic stops and alerts to help you map your route. Get access to live disruptions / status info, notifications, next bus, schedules / timetables, metro map, or saved routes
* Twitter integration gives you live feeds from your local transit providers
* Map location can be sent to anyone through SMS, WhatsApp, Twitter or email with Meet Me Somewhere
* Share destination or meeting locations
* Live weather updates for your route and how it’ll be at your destination
* Distance tracker to measure how far you’ll go and how much you’ll burn on a bike or while walking
* Calorie counts for popular food and drink items to compare what you’re burning
* Step-by-step instructions for your journey in realtime
* Get a notification when it's time to get off at your stop
* Live disruption notifications
- New York: MTA, MNR, Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NICE, NJT & Light Rail (HBLR / NLR), NY Waterway Ferries (East River, Hudson, Belford), PATH, Citi Bikes
- San Francisco: BART, MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA, Bay Area Bike Share
- Los Angeles: Metro, LA Metrolink, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB), DASH / LADOT
- Chicago: CTA Bus, Chicago 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), MBTA, Commuter Rail, the 'T', Silver Line, Hubway Bike Share
- Washington DC: WMATA, DC Circulator, Metroway, Ride On (Montgomery County), ART (Arlington), DASH (Alexandria), Fairfax Connector, VRE, MARC Trains, Capital Bikeshare
- Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit (Buses, Light Rail)
- Toronto: TTC, Go Transit, HSR, Brampton, Oakville, MiWay, YRT, Viva, Guelph Transit, GRT, Burlington
- Vancouver: TransLink
- Montreal: STM, AMT, RTL, STL, Bixi
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS/location on.
Easy to use with an intuitive layout and flow.
► Easy to use point to point journey planner
► Live departures for bus, tube and train.
► Intelligent location search (stations, points of interest, post-codes etc.)
► Interactive tube map / tube status
► Use the simple "Get me to..." function
► Select journey end points by text search (station names, points of interest, post codes etc.), selecting markers/pins on the map, choose your current location or a favourite place.
► Plan ahead for arrive or depart time.
► Specify transport mode / mobility requirements.
► View itineraries as a list or on the map.
► Seamless connection from journey plans to live departures boards
► View transport routes (list of stops or map) with journey/arrival times.
► Keep a record of journey plans for viewing off-line.
► Built-in, searchable, interactive, geographical Tube Map
► Tube status report (Now / weekend)
► Reminder alarms for selected itineraries
(long press the itinerary to activate)
► Font size settings (select in preferences)
► Filters and sort options for departures boards
Tip: before you start typing, the search dialog shows your top three 'My places'. Sort 'My places' using the grabbers on the right of the screen to get home, work, etc. in the top three.
London journey planning, made easy.
► Powered by the Transport for London Journey Planner API
► Live London bus (TfL Countdown) and underground departures and status provided by Transport for London
► Scheduled departures provided by Traveline / TMU Limited
► Rail information contains data provided by Network Rail Infrastructure Limited under the following license:
Please give feedback to email@example.com
London Tube Map 2014 (works offline)
Live Tube Status / Train Updates (tube.lu)
Live Bus Status / Bus Schedules (TFL)
Live Tube / Train Departure Times (TFL)
Plan A Journey/Route(TFL)
Call For A Taxi (Call-A-Cab)
Pay Congestion Charge (TFL)
Top Up Oyster Card/Check Oyster Balance (TFL)
(TFL) services require internet access for up to date information and are provided directly by Transport For London
- Interactive and fully integrated Trip Planner
- All Ireland coverage including rural locations as well as cities such as Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford
- All licensed public transport operators included
- All modes of public transport including trains, buses, and trams from transport providers such as Dublin Bus, Luas, Bus Éireann, DART, Commuter Rail, AirCoach, GoBe, Matthews Coaches etc
- Displays stops near you
- Dynamic zoom and scroll mapping
- GPS using “my location”
- Updating maps “on the go”
- Saves favourite locations and recent journeys
- Email and In calendar functions
The app is being continually developed, service data is being updated and improved. We welcome your feedback about this app, to send us an email please click the “info” button on your phone when you are using the app.
Linked to the company’s modern state-of-the-art dispatch system, you will experience the usual standard of reliability, wait times, call back and experienced friendly staff.
Downloading and using the app could not be easier. Once a simple profile has been set up with your contact details you will be able to book one of our vast range of vehicles, track its progress via the built in GPS system and find previous bookings to make repeat bookings even easier.
Main features of the app are:
• Simple download through android app store
• Easy profile set up and store key contact details, favourite destinations etc
• Convenient bookings of current and future jobs
• Manage previous bookings
• Track the progress of your vehicle through GPS technology
• Cancel bookings
• Notification of your details
• Automatic detection of your current location via GPS and maps