★ Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
★ Recipient of the EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD from Children's Technology Review
★ Winner of a Parents’ Choice Silver Award
★ Interactive animated storybook by the creator of the award-winning Living Books
★ A slightly “spooky” tale of how imagination can make things seem scarier than they are
"This is one of the best designed interactive children's books I've ever seen"
- Mac Observer
"Harry and the Haunted House is a twelve page interactive storybook that blends a well-told story written by Mark Schlichting with thoughtful animation by developer Wanderful. The app offers Read to Me or Let Me Play modes. The former is especially delightful. Animations play automatically, which encourages children to listen up, watch, and take a break from tapping their screen. The story's words are highlighted as expressive voice actors read them so that early readers can follow along.
Though in a sense a ghost story, Harry and the Haunted House will inspire more giggles than scares. After Harry hits his baseball a little too far, he and his friends decide to look for it in the abandoned house where it lands. Children will enjoy seeing how Harry and his friends' imaginations create spooky situations. They see ghosts that turn out to be their own reflection, for example, and hear strange noises that are actually Harry's dog playing with the found ball. In the end, children learn that scary things (like old houses, dark closets, or the space under a bed) are not so terrible once one learns more about them."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Play inside the story and interact with all the characters and words with Harry and the Haunted House, an imaginative, interactive and slightly spooky reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this Mark Schlichting story to life. Read and play along with Harry and his friends as they retrieve their baseball lost in the “haunted” house across the field. "W-W-What’s that noise?" "We froze in our steps…"
• Interactive storybook in English and Spanish
• 12 fully animated pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when clicked
• All words are "active" for extended word play and language learning – click on any word to hear it spoken
• Animated surprises on each page – can you find the spider?
• Move between pages with the new scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: "Read to Me" and the fully interactive "Let Me Play"
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 33 page overview of Wanderful Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Harry and the Haunted House Classroom Activities guide
• The full 58 page Classroom Activities guide is available from www.wanderful.com
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Harry and the Haunted House provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
Harry and the Haunted House is written by Mark Schlichting, creator of the Living Books series.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• does not contain in-app purchases, but has links to other Wanderful Apps
• includes active links to websites or social networks, but ONLY from the PARENTS and TEACHERS pages, not from the storybook pages
• uses analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data