★ Winner of a 2013 PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
★ An interactive animated storybook starring the Berenstain Bears
★ originally published as the award-winning Living Books
★ A tale of taking charge of one’s imagination, especially when it makes you afraid of the dark
"Parents for two generations are familiar with the late Stan and Jan Berenstain's Bears and their over 200 books. Wanderful enlivens those classic stories, creating a rich resource for developing reading skills in an animated interactive app.
All words are "active" in the 'Let Me Play" mode so a child can tap on an individual word which is then highlighted and pronounced. We had fun making silly sentences with chosen words and word recognition was mastered in child-driven play. The realistic nature of a young child's fear of the dark is well-captured. Little ones will emphasize with Sister Bear, and older ones may discuss those things that scare them.
Wanderful offers a superb level of interaction with a well-designed app loaded with varying levels of skill development and simple fun appropriate for eager 2 year olds up to age 8."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Play inside the story and interact with all the characters and words with The Berenstain Bears In the Dark, an imaginative interactive reading experience with fully animated content featuring the popular Bear Family – Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear.
This timeless Stan and Jan Berenstain story springs to life on every page. Read and play along as a spooky story Brother Bear reads to Sister Bear keeps her – and eventually the entire family – up all night long. The next day Papa shows Sister how to take charge of her imagination and in the end it’s Brother who is a little afraid in the dark.
• App and all story content is in English
• 12 fully animated pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when clicked
• All words are "active" for extended word play and language learning – click on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden surprise is on each page – can you find all the lightning bugs?
• Move between pages with the new scrolling page navigation
• Two modes: "Read to Me" and the fully interactive "Let Me Play"
• Multiple settings to further customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Special "About the Authors" video profiling Jan and Stan Berenstain available from within the App
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 33 page overview of Wanderful Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Berenstain Bears In The Dark Classroom Activities guide
• The full 65 page Classroom Activities guide is available from www.wanderful.com
Wanderful’s goal is to help children discover a lasting love of language through story exploration. We hope The Berenstain Bears In The Dark provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
The Berenstain Bears In The Dark is by Stan and Jan Berenstain, authors of over 200 books starring the Bear family: Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• does not contain in-app purchases, but has links to other Wanderful Apps
• includes active links to websites or social networks, but ONLY from the PARENTS and TEACHERS pages, not from the storybook pages
• uses analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data