Let's make an end to that with auto check-ins!
This app automatically checks you in when you are in the neighbourhood of places you've chosen.
It's easy to configure and above all: it doesn't drain your battery.
State of the art technology is used to reduce the amount of battery power needed to know your location.
Vote for new features here: http://checkmein.uservoice.com/
1) add locations to track
2) configure the checkin radius and check-in delay time
3) save, and done! You will be checked in automatically from now on once you are within the check-in radius for the given amount of time.
Double checkins are avoided, when you stay at the same location for a longer time, we will check you in again, but only after 20 hours. (you only need 1 checkin/day for your mayorship)
The official Foursquare app is required on your device (authentication).
Some graphics are property of Foursquare (see https://foursquare.com/about/logos)
What if you're not checked in:
- Don't force quit the app (swiping it out in the app switcher), if you do, it won't be able to locate you.
- check if location tracking with google play services is enabled on your phone, the app will not work if you turn them off!
- check if your sensors (gps, wifi) are enabled
- set a bigger checkin radius or lower check-in delay (you have to stay within this radius for the given amount of time, every time you go out of the radius, the timers are reset)
- Every time the app is opened, some checks are done that might reset the timers, be aware of this while configuring your venues!
- Someone reported that reinstalling the app also might do the trick, weird, but it doesn't hurt to try it.
All data that's needed for the app to work is stored locally on your device.
The only thing that is tracked, are the app crashes and amount of checkins to make sure the app is still working on every device. This is an anonymous process.
This app comes as is, with no guarantees.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
To use this app, you must log in with your Facebook page seamlessly and create an account on the app.
• TAGle anything you want (geopoint, location, photo)
• Discover, Explore, Share
• Locate Facebook friends
• Facebook Open Graph actions