- Access real-time trip information directly from Metro-North including train status, track number, and the latest service notices
- Save favorite trips for one click access to daily schedules, status and track number
- Get schedules that update in real-time — no need to download new timetables every time you open the app
- Find out trip details including duration, transfer details, Peak / Off Peak, fares and station stops
- Look up station information including location, parking, taxis and connecting services
- Easy access to accessibility details including ADA compliance and elevator / escalator status for all stations
Whether you are a daily commuter looking for up-to-date information on your usual trip or an occasional traveller trying to find the best trip option, the Train Time App is the most convenient and accurate way to plan a seamless trip.
When every minute counts and you can’t afford to be late to you next meeting or appointment, knowing exactly when your next connection is can make the difference between being on time or being late.
Metro North schedule for AndroidTM provides accurate and the latest schedules for the Metro North Railroad which help you plan your commute and be on time when it matters. It provides departure and arrival times including information about transfers (FREE OF CHARGE). The information is presented in a clean and easy to read interface, making it very easy to process at a glance.
FREE TRANSFERS SUPPORTED Now get schedules till your final destination. This is the only app on Android Market which can provide you free information for connections
ONE TOUCH RESULTS(FAVORITES) Save all your favorites. Get one touch results by setting favorites as default screen via preferences.
PEAK/ OFF PEAK On the results page you also get peak/ off peak information
REAL TIME TRACK INFO - App gets the track information in real time.
SERVICE STATUS Hit the triangle icon on the top right of the app and you will be shown the service status of each line. Detailed delay information is also available.
CLUTTER FREE Clean and easy to read interface
We are very receptive to your feedback. Let us know if you face any issues in using the app at firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggestions are most welcome.
KeyWords : Metro North, MNR, MTA, New York
This app is not affiliated to MTA
Find a schedule faster than mta.info!
* No Internet connection required!
* Lists which trains are approaching.
* Displays time remaining until departure.
* Not affiliated with Metro North Railroad
Trips (location A>B>C) currently not supported.
Send feedback to email@example.com
Lines: Danbury,Harlem,Hudson,New Canaan,New Haven
What's your next train? No need to search for your train schedule. Set up your favorite trips and each time you open your app - you'll see your next five trains - with just one touch. Commuters - you'll never miss your train again!
All Android-Phones from version 2.1.
If the App is moved to the background, the GPS-receiving continues. This can quickly discharge the battery.
- Original, free Topo maps from scale 1:25'000 for Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Openstreetmaps and Opencyclemaps for worldwide use.
- Complete footpath, cycling and further networks to overlay the maps. Examples: footpath network Switzerland, cycling network Switzerland and South Germany, ....
- «Top of»-routes: Integrated Tour-guide with over 5000 professional created routes in the field of hiking, theme trails, cycling, mountainbike, ski tours, snow trail tours, transalp, etc. Following the principle: just the best routes of the region!
- Over 250'000 Points of interests, like hotels, museums, sights, ... – provided by our tourism-partners.
- Routing via leisure-path networks e.g. from point A to point B via footpaht network.
- Free text search in all databases. E.g. for mountain names, locations, addresses, etc. Alignment oft he map on these points.
- Recording of your own routes and waypoints and saving them on the phone or on www.GPS-Tracks.com.
- Revolutionary: With a free account on www.GPS-Tracks.com you can plan your routes (using the whole assortment of Topo- and satellite maps) and transfer them to the phone without any installation of software or maps. You do not need to connect the phone to the computer. Plan routes unlimitedly and recall them anytime and anywhere.
- All routes, POI's and maps (Topo-CH for a small value) can be saved on the phone (in case there is no telephone connection on the way).
- Simple user guidance: without initial effort or previous knowledge easily operated.
- All data can be saved on the phone. You can e.g. transfer data at home on a WiFi network to your phone and hence will be independent of a data connection on the way. If additional data is loaded through the internet connection on the way, we recommend to open a data subscription at your telecommunications provider. 30 MB per month are enough for that purpose. For a route Tour incl. all map data approx. 3 MB are loaded.
This App and its content were developed with the support from i.a.:
- Adelboden / Frutigen Tourismus
- Allgäu Tourismus
- Appenzellerland Tourismus
- Brigels Tourismus
- Gemeinde Cham
- Colltex Skihaftfelle
- Chur Tourismus
- Davos Klosters Tourismus
- Swiss Cyling - Schweizerischer Radfahrerbund
- Engadin- St.Moritz Tourismus
- Entlebuch Unesco Biospärenreservat
- Heidiland Tourismus
- Vierwaldstättersee / Lakeluzern.ch Tourismus
- Lenzerheide Tourismus
- Liechtenstein Tourismus
- Luzern Tourismus
- Saarland / Mettlach-Tourismus
- Schweizerischer Alpen-Club SAC
- Schaffhauserland Tourismus
- Disentis-Sedrun Tourismus
- St.Gallen Business Location
- Hegau Tourismus
- Regiun Surselva
- Ticino Tourismus
- Viamala Tourismus
- Urner Wanderwege
- Region Willisau
- Winterthur Tourismus
- Zürichsee Tourismus
- Zug Tourismus
- Bad Zurzach
- Multi-Touch pinch-to-zoom where supported, or double-tap to zoom in, tap the zoom-out button to zoom out
- Batch download multiple maps in the background
- Quick links to the MTA's online route details
- Create custom home screen shortcuts to any map or quick-link
- Choose where to save you map tiles (defaults to SD Card)
• Find nearby tracks or import your own
• Examine the track on a map or as a list of waypoints
• Use GPS to chart your progress following the track
• Automatically determine the next waypoint on the track
• Receive voice prompts as you approach waypoints on the track
Track Navigator supports importing tracks directly from http://www.ridewithgps.com. Find nearby tracks or create your own and import them directly into Track Navigator. Tracks created using ridewithgps.com can be configured with waypoints that will provide turn-by-turn directions. Receive directions using voice prompts or view them in cue sheet format.
You can also create tracks using any other application, save them to your external storage, and import them directly into Track Navigator. Track Navigator supports importing files in GPX and TCX formats.
Other features of Track Navigator include:
• Support for metric and imperial distance units
• Highlight portions of the track that have been covered
• Voice notifications when going off track
• Display covered and remaining track distance in real-time
• Option to view satellite map
• Load individual waypoints into Google Maps for direct navigation
Many more features on the way. Stay on track with Track Navigator.
application and you can see the running status of train without the need of sending any SMS.
This application serves as bookmark for newly introduced service of Train Inquiry from Railyatri.
You can also use this app for accessing National Train Enquiry System (NTES) / TrainEnquiry and fetch available trains to make planning and managing your trip a lot easier. Now you have the power of access within your hands – to live status information of more than 8000 trains across the country in real time – whether you are traveling, receiving, or seeing off family and friends! No matter where you are, you can look up train schedules and status across the country. Do not let an untimely change in running schedule cost you valuable hours when it could only take minutes!
This application displays the real time status of Indian Railways' trains on all the routes. You can input any data, say train number, source, destination or any combination of these to get the status of your train.
Travellers need not send any SMS or visit any other portal to get the running status of your train. This application shows the status real-time.
We firmly believe that there is always a room for improvement, and customer feedback is most effective way to improve. So, in case of any suggestions/issues, or just to say Hi, please drop us a mail at Simplutions.firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be eagerly waiting for your feedback.
If you like this application, we would urge you to provide your review for this application. This would help us in providing better experience to you and and other customers would know your genuine feedback.
The app uses a diagrammatic map designed by Vignelli Associates, whose founder Massimo Vignelli created the iconic subway map used during the 1970’s.
+ Blinking dots for stations indicating NYC subway planned work
+ View subway planned work by Station, Line, or by Borough before you start your travel
+ Download and view neighborhood maps for areas around your station
+ View real-time Subway Service Status and more.
Official maps from the MTA, updated and movable to the SD card. The app downloads each bus map the first time you open it. Each bus map weights around 2 MB, so I recommend downloading it through Wifi and waiting a couple of minutes.
If a map doesn't download after giving some time, try performing an "empty cache" through the applications menu in your operating system settings.
Users with Android versions prior to 2.1 might experience errors.
Popup ads were removed long ago, as a response to feedback. Double banners are a bug, please let me know if it persists after update. Send me your suggestions and I'll try to add/fix them.
This application features status display and up to the minute information. The power of knowledge in the tips of your fingers.
Please NOTE the Data is from the MTA site and updated by the MTA
Added safety for failed services from MTA Status API
- Fixed Orientation Bug when loading data
- Updated Loading UI
- Updated Refresh
- Added Loading screen
- Added Multi-threading
- New UI
* Easy to use buttons for entering the value on your card.
* Or tap the field to type in the amount.
* Change fare type: Regular, Reduced, Express Bus, Reduced Express Bus.
* Change the highlight color to match your subway ride.
Submitted as part of NYC Big Apps 3.0 competition.
Highlight color data from MTA.info Developer Resources.
Internet/Network Permission is for ads/analytics.
This app can do exactly that using a patent pending technology keeping your privacy intact
Your wife should be at work but she is not answering her phone and you're afraid she may have had an accident. With WhereRYu you will know she's safe in the office. Your husband tells you he’s going to be late tonight due to a business meeting. Is he really at the office, or is he having dinner somewhere else? Your kids tell you that they are staying late with friends to study for their test. Are they really there, or did they go somewhere else without letting you know?
You can now find out where they are, at anytime, as long as they have their Android phones with them (internet access is required).
WhereRYu does not need to know your phone cell number to function, as it does not send SMS messages for notifications. Your email address is instead used for tracking the phones of your loved ones and yourself.
WhereRYu works anywhere in the world as long as the device being tracked has internet access via the cellular network or WiFi.
This award winning app is also available on BlackBerry App World
Note: Only phones with this app can be tracked
Tested on OS 4.0
(PLEASE READ ***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** BELOW BEFORE PURCHASING)
Stuck in the airport terminal with endless delays?
Live near an airport and want to find out what's going on?
Have you always wondered what pilots talk to air traffic controllers about?
Now you can stop wondering and tune in live!
LiveATC for Android provides a quick and easy way to listen in on live conversations between pilots and air traffic controllers near many airports around the world. LiveATC for Android lets you browse by U.S. state or by country to find an airport and listen in to live air traffic conversations at or near a given airport. You can also use the "Nearby" feature to find an airport near you. You can then add any channel to your Favorites list for quick and easy access.
The LiveATC Network (http://liveatc.net) is the world's largest network of streaming audio feeds focused solely on aviation, currently covering over 450 airports around the world with over 800 different audio feeds and growing daily!
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Please check to see if your country, city and/or airports of interest are covered by LiveATC *BEFORE PURCHASING* - check at: http://liveatc.net . Note that we currently have no coverage in the U.K., Germany, Italy and some other countries where streaming ATC communications is prohibited by local law. Available airports are subject to change at any time - LiveATC owns and operates many of the receivers used in the network but most are provided by volunteers working in cooperation with LiveATC. Available airports can change, sometimes due to reasons beyond LiveATC's control. Also, there is no guarantee that all feeds will be up 24/7, though we make our best effort to do so and have a great track record of uptime.
Note: The "Read Phone State" permission is needed by LiveATC for Android so it can detect when you're placing or receiving a phone call - then it can automatically stop the streaming of the air traffic audio so that it doesn't interfere with your phone call.
***APP UPDATE #3 - JUNE 2013***
-New App icon!
-We've made it faster to select the right station in the list (we now remember the spot the list was left in)
-Fixed the crash on the 1 line, the crash upon device rotation, and a few more
-Station updates (more soon!)
***APP UPDATE #2 - MAY 2013***
-Just pushed the newest update -- the app now includes ALL STOPS in NYC! Tell your friends.
-We've updated a whole bunch of stations in NYC.
***APP UPDATE #1 - APRIL 2013***
-The app now works on ALL android devices
-Photo assets are no longer stored on the SD card (meaning they'll no longer show up among your personal photos)
In the next update:
-Even more updates to various stations...thanks to all the users that have sent in corrections and updates -- we're going through one by one and making those changes.
-Correcting several bugs and errors (like a crash on rotation bug)
-A prettier homescreen.
-A cooler icon
In future updates:
-Who knows...the more people buy the app the more we can afford to work on it and add cool stuff -- so tell your friends! And please leave us a nice review so we can continue to invest more in the product
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch - email@example.com or @JWegener on twitter.
« Winning App of the Microsoft App Revolution »
« Selected App of the Month by Connect Magazine, WParea, etc »
Find out where you spend your life!
How much time do I spend at Work? How long do I stay there in the end? Where do I spend most of my time?
Track my Life answers these and many more questions for you.
By running in the background mode of your phone.
By embracing state of the art features of your phone, it DOESN'T even have an effect on the energy consumption of your phone.
Track my Life has won prizes and has been featured by several websites including wpcentral.com, wparea.de, appdealswp.com, etc.
**** PERMISSIONS ****
+ Location: Obvious
+ Network Communication: Required to display the map, enable Facebook sharing, backup functionality. WE DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR DATA. YOUR DATA BELONGS TO YOU AND NOONE ELSE!
+ Start at boot: The background agent starts at boot time.
**** BACKUP ****
You can backup your data via SkyDrive and restore it on your Windows Phone/iPhone/iPad/Android.
**** SHARING ****
You can share your data and screenshots on Facebook. Twitter, Foursquare, and Latitude are planned.
The statistics feature shows you how many kilometers you've traveled the past 24 hours, past week, past month and all time. It shows how many cities you've been to and where you've spent most of your time, too.
Differences to other GPS trackers:
Track my Life is not just an GPS Tracker or GPS Tracking tool. It agglomerates your tracking data to make sense. It can be compared to Latitude and Foursquare.
Track down how long you have been at certain places. Record all your GPS data in background.
GPS tracking in background:
Track my Life runs completely in background and tracks you every 30 minutes. It does not actually use GPS, it uses just the most recent GPS coordinate the system took anyways. Thereby, GPS tracking does not even have an effect on your devices battery.
Track My Life is not Latitude client. Track my Life is by far the most intelligent GPS tracker on the marketplace. Developed by students of the technical university of munich who are specialized in GPS tracking topics. Track My Life cannot be compared to Foursquare.
More from developer
This app provides access to the MTA's Service Status, which gives up-to-the-minute updates on delays, planned work, service changes and suspensions for all MTA-operated transit agencies, including:
• NYCT Subways,
• NYCT and MTA Buses
• MTA Metro North Railroad
• MTA Long Island Railroad
• MTA operated bridges, tunnels and highways
NOTE: This app is ad-supported, with a paid upgrade to remove ads and further customize the app coming soon.
Right Track: LIRR provides full offline schedule searches (no data connection required!) combined with real-time status updates that inform you of delays, cancellations and schedule changes, as they happen.
• Trip Searches with up to 2 transfers (offline, no data connection required)
• Real-Time Status and Track Information (when available)
• Station Tables (train status and track numbers)
• Branch Status (system-wide delays and schedule changes)
• LIRR Twitter Feed (for @LIRR updates)
• MTA Status (including NYC Subway and Buses)
• In-app Schedule Updates
• Line Map
• Fare Information
• Favorites (unlimited favorites available as an upgrade)
• Trip Alarms (available as an upgrade)
• Trip Sharing (available as an upgrade)
• Home screen widgets (available as an upgrade)
This app has a number of expanded features available for purchase as in-app upgrades:
• Ad Removal - $0.99
• Unlimited Favorites - $0.99
• Widgets - $0.99
• Other: Alarms, Trip Sharing - $0.99
• All of the above - $2.50
Explanation of Permission Requests:
• Access Network State: Determine if your device has a data connection
• Internet: Required to access real-time status information and displaying ads
• Write External Storage: Needed for backup of settings and storage of map tiles
• Wake Lock: Used by the travel alarms to turn the screen on when an alarm starts
• Vibrate: Used by the travel alarms
• Read Phone State: Used to verify upgrades against the device ID (the device ID is not logged or sent anywhere, but is used to generate a one-way hash for license keys)
• Location: only used when you request the closest station
This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by either the Long Island Rail Road or the MTA.